Page 65 of 137 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Guardians and Winter soldier seem like the big winners here. That's a good result I think. No one else like Spiderman as much as i did.... Ok!
    I loved Spider-Man. It's just that Iron Man, Guardians, Avengers, Civil War, and Infinity War were all amazingly good.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Same, I thought Spider-Man was fantastic. There's just a lot of stiff competition with these newer MCU flicks.

Shit, now I wanna make a list. I'll have to do that when work gives me a minute to breathe.

Edit - V Just wanted to let you guys know that you don't need spoiler tags in here anymore. Not that I don't appreciate the discretion, but if you're in this thread right now, you should know what you're getting into. ^^'
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-02-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Did we talk about the conversation between Stark and Strange where Strange said, Spoiler: "If it comes down to you or the stone, I'm saving the stone." and then he goes and saves Tony instead? Because that's going to be interesting.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Did we talk about the conversation between Stark and Strange where Strange said, Because that's going to be interesting.
    You forgot to mention in the middle of your spoiler, Spoiler: "If it comes down to you or the stone, I'm saving the stone." Dr. Strange uses time stone to see outcome of battle, tells Tony there's over 14 million outcomes and we only win one. Then he goes and saves Tony instead? Because the one outcome where they win Tony survives therefore he has to save him in order to keep them on that one trajectory.
    Last edited by OSLIN; 05-02-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Man, Marvel is on a roll. I have a feeling Avengers 4 is going to top this list next year.
    Captain Marvel will probably break my top 10 too.
    I love the fact that these movies are starting to take chances and go against the norm.
    Seen Infinity War twice, going a 3rd time this weekend.
    Thanos and the outcome of the IW are what make this #1 for me now. I'm a huge Cap fan so excuse my bias.

Avengers: Infinity War
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1
    04 The Avengers
    05 Captain America: Civil War
    06 Captain America: The First Avenger
    Thor: Ragnarok
    08 Black Panther
    09 Iron Man
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    11 Spider-Man: Homecoming
    12 Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Doctor Strange
    14 Ant-Man
    15 Iron Man 3
    16 Thor: The Dark World
    17 Thor
    18 Incredible Hulk
    19 Iron Man 2

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ooh, I like the fun ranking game! Doing a pure ranking is hard for me, but I'll do a grouping thingy.

DISCLAIMER: I'm just a casual MCU fan, so some of the ones the average fan is crazy about I find to be just okay. Basically, nothing from the MCU is all that meaningful to me, but I also haven't actively disliked anything from the franchise.

Really like:

The Avengers
    Iron Man
    Black Panther
    Thor: Ragnarok
    Avengers: Infinity War

Like for what it is:

Captain America: Civil War

Iron Man 2
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    Thor

Didn't dislike, but wasn't crazy about:

Captain America: The First Avenger
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 3
    Ant-Man
    Doctor Strange
    Thor: The Dark World
    The
    Incredible Hulk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Those 2 are so adorable together. I'm so gay for both of them.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Those 2 are so adorable together. I'm so gay for both of them.
    Right?? The chemistry that nearly all of these actors seem to have when they're together off-screen is absolutely charming. They clearly love their jobs. Are any of them on record as not liking someone else? Similar to The Rock and Vin Diesel's beef working together on the Fast and Furious movies?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Right?? The chemistry that nearly all of these actors seem to have when they're together off-screen is absolutely charming. They clearly love their jobs. Are any of them on record as not liking someone else? Similar to The Rock and Vin Diesel's beef working together on the Fast and Furious movies?
    Well, Robert Downey Jr. and Terrence Howard reportedly didn't get along as Howard also didn't get along with Jon Favreau which explains why he didn't become War Machine. That's all I know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You'd think dr strange wouldve used his "open a door to another side of the earth/universe" or "reverse or fast forward time" powers more than he does.

But great movie. I loved it. It was a guardians movie all the way for me. Glad they did it right and had gunn do their lines. I agreed that they should've kept thanos' armor on but Brolin was great. What and ending.

Best MCU movie followed by GotG 1.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 05-02-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    What I really love about these movies is that the Avengers theme is so well established now. It's a small detail, but you immediately feel very connected once you enter the cinema and they play the soundtrack in advance before all the ads and trailers. Do they do that elsewhere too or is it just at my go-to cinema?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Well, Robert Downey Jr. and Terrence Howard reportedly didn't get along as Howard also didn't get along with Jon Favreau which explains why he didn't become War Machine. That's all I know.
    IIRC, Howard was fired by Marvel because he felt he wasn't being paid enough. Also, @allegate 's post here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh my god.

The last minute is fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    IIRC, Howard was fired by Marvel because he felt he wasn't being paid enough. Also, @allegate 's post here.
    Howard was also paid more than RDJ for the first Iron Man...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Howard was also paid more than RDJ for the first Iron Man...
    In February 2009, it was reported on The Smoking Gun that Howard was arrested in 2001 for a variety of charges related to a violent attack on his estranged first wife, including simple assault, terrorist threats, harassment and stalking. According to police reports, he arrived at her house after an argument on the phone, forced entry into her home by breaking in doors, and chased her into the backyard where he punched her twice in the face with a closed fist. The violent attack ended when Howard's brother stepped in. In 2002, he pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace.[29]
    According to The Smoking Gun, Howard was also arrested for assaulting a Continental Airlines flight attendant after refusing her request to return to his seat because the seat belt sign was on.[30]
    On December 5, 2011, a judge granted Howard's then-wife Michelle Ghent a restraining order based on her claims that Howard had caused her physical injuries that required medical attention, once broke her computer in half, repeatedly threatened her, and stalked her by telephone and on the Internet.[31]
    In August 2013, Howard's second wife, Michelle Ghent, obtained a second restraining order against him after showing up in court with a black eye she says he gave her.[32] Howard initially denied hitting her but, later, admitted in court to a "mutual" physical altercation, which he claimed included being pepper sprayed by Ghent.[33]
    In a September 2015 interview with Rolling Stone, Howard admitted to hitting his first wife in 2001 saying, "she was talking to me real strong, and I lost my mind and slapped her in front of the kids."[34]
    he's also a piece of shit so i'm glad he didn't continue in the series. especially because don cheadle is way fucking better.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wow, how is he not in jail?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    because our entire society is built on misogyny? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

seriously, though, he was terrible as rhodey (which is really my only complaint about the first iron man film).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Taoooooooooooneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Also because he's got money and here in the US, the almighty dollar reigns supreme. Just look at the POTUS...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh my god.

The last minute is fucking hilarious.
    Celine Dion. I never pegged her as someone that likes comic books. Well, the more you know. I do love the fact that she has a sense of humor and is willing to sing a song for something as fucked up as Deadpool 2. Maybe she should be given a special contract with Marvel to do a few songs and put it in films while also be funny.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Celine Dion. I never pegged her as someone that likes comic books.
    I think it's more likely she likes paychecks. I'm sure she has a good sense of humor and everything, but I seriously doubt she's got a pile of comic books at home.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think it's more likely she likes paychecks. I'm sure she has a good sense of humor and everything, but I seriously doubt she's got a pile of comic books at home.
    Maybe she's a casual fan who likes the movies. Still, it's cool to see her be involved in something like Deadpool. It definitely makes up for that horrendous cover of "You Shook Me All Night Long" that she did one time on VH1's Divas Live in Vegas some years ago.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    exactly. of course she is not living under a rock and as a Vegas artist she sure knows how to be campy at times. I bet none of the former 80s/90s pop heroes would have said no, if they were asked to have Deadpool appear in their videos. and this one is highly ironic and tongue in cheek. it's the same for Hassellhoff in GoG Vol. 2.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    exactly. of course she is not living under a rock and as a Vegas artist she sure knows how to be campy at times. I bet none of the former 80s/90s pop heroes would have said no, if they were asked to have Deadpool appear in their videos. and this one is highly ironic and tongue in cheek. it's the same for Hassellhoff in GoG Vol. 2.
    Exactly. 'Hey Celine! You know it's 2018, and that's the thing...shit going viral, seeing people you'd never expect to see in these things. How about one afternoon of filming and we'll drive up a boat to your dock full of $100 bills?' I'm not bagging on anything...just that is anyone surprised anymore about anything like this?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    TH doesnt get along with anyone. Major diva on set from what people have said. It's why he stopped getting movie roles and does that bullshit TV show now.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    TH doesnt get along with anyone. Major diva on set from what people have said. It's why he stopped getting movie roles and does that bullshit TV show now.
    That explains a lot. Plus, having Don Cheadle as Rhodey was the right choice. He did a better job as the character and had his moments. Even in Infinity War where he actually told Secretary Ross to fuck off and admit that the Sokovia Accords was a mistake. Cheadle sold that moment and was also funny.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I have never seen a super-hero movie that completely silenced the audience once the credits started to roll. But holy shit, this movie filled all of my expectations and raised them at the same time. Thanos is such a killer character and villain and really stole the show whenever he was on screen so kudos to Josh Brolin for killing the role; he is crazy intimidating and pretty complex so I was glad they gave him a lot of screen time. So much to touch upon, but really cannot wait to see where they go with this.

Really wondering what the title for the next film will be since apparently the title is a spoiler.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well.... in India.... a man saw the film and died.... http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/man...ar-1201960468/

I honestly think it was too much for him to handle. Shitty way to go though. At least the guy who died during a screening of A Fish Called Wanda died happy as he laughed so hard, it killed him. This though.... wow.... I think there should be a warning for something like this.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Early Deadpool 2 screening passes for the 10th are rolling out if you joined the Deadpool Core or whatever emailing list. Woop woop!

And as sad as it is that that man died in the theater - Why would they put a warning before the movie for something so unlikely to happen? Anyone could potentially be surprised enough by any movie to trigger a reaction like that, as with the A Fish Called Wanda case. Should we put messages before comedies saying "Warning: This movie is too gosh darn funny, please use discretion?" If it happened without aaanyone sitting near him noticing, it had to be something else combined with him being shocked at something happening on-screen. A pre-roll message saying "Warning: This superhero action movie you're willingly walking into might be kind of intense" wouldn't deter anyone or prevent anything. You dying during the movie is just as likely as a significant other being killed in a car crash while you're in said movie.

Maybe thinking that way makes me an a-hole, and I'm not trying to be, but as tragic as it is, I'm putting my money on it being a purely coincidental confluence of events.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    About to do the second viewing of Infinity War!