Thread: Bryan Ferry - Is Your Love Strong Enough

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seems like I'm in the minority but the HTDA version is vastly superior to the original. I had to look up the Ferry version when the cover was announced and thought it was terrible. Being born in the eighties its my generation, and I dig some of the music, even some really cheesy stuff but that song is just awful. TR could bang some spoons together and gargle the lyrics and it would be an improvement.

Cover or not, this is a really good song. First listen gave me chills. I dig the EP and am really stoked that Mariqueen's vocals are so powerful on this track.

HOLY SHIT BATMAN there is nothing to censor here? Fangirly even?
    Last edited by Incendiary Lover; 11-30-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: troll lol lol lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    Being born in the eighties its my generation.
    Technically not. You were a kid during the 80's so your taste wouldn't have been rounded yet; the only affinity I feel for the 90's (I was born in '89) is stuff I heard years later from the part of the decade when I would've been too young to know what the word 'music' meant. Not entirely nitpicking here—I consider myself a fan of 80's music, never having really lived to hear it first-hand, and I think the original is far and away amongst the least cheesy stuff put out at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    Being born in the eighties its my generation.

I was born in the mid 60's and was a teenager in the 80's, therefor it is MY generation. It's not when you were born, it's the years you really start listening to music and forming your taste in music, and that would be your teens.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisbeth View Post
    I was born in the mid 60's and was a teenager in the 80's, therefor it is MY generation. It's not when you were born, it's the years you really start listening to music and forming your taste in music, and that would be your teens.
    I started listening to music before my teens - I'd say I'm a 90s kid musically, although I was born in 1990, so I did have the whole decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I started listening to music before my teens - I'd say I'm a 90s kid musically, although I was born in 1990, so I did have the whole decade.
    I did a little as well. Partly because I had a brother 6 years older than me and I took dance lessons. So I had a little exposure to some 70's rock and DISCO baby! But that quickly turned into a lot of Van Halen (not Van Hagar), Zep, AC/DC and "arena rock". The rest is history.

ETA: That's what so awesome about NIN...it translates to more than one generation and even the older halos sound relevant today.
    Last edited by Lisbeth; 12-12-2011 at 10:10 AM.