Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NIN.com forums or ETS forums?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I remember going over to the Spiral forums back in the day and finding a thread where people basically got their cocks out. How uncouth.

I hate you.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I hate you.
    I'm only bitching because, as far as I remember, there wasn't any nice ones in there. Plus you've seen the men we've queued with.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I remember going over to the Spiral forums back in the day and finding a thread where people basically got their cocks out. How uncouth.
    I'm pretty certain there was a similar thread on NIN.com too!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

NIN.com forums or ETS forums?

I'm only bitching because, as far as I remember, there wasn't any nice ones in there. Plus you've seen the men we've queued with.
    You guys are forgetting godizvoid (or however you spell his name) doing the same here via PMs. I once wore a tee with his photoshopped cock to an early WT club show.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    You guys are forgetting godizvoid (or however you spell his name) doing the same here via PMs. I once wore a tee with his photoshopped cock to an early WT club show.
    OMG. I just remembered when he was hosting the radio rip of Survivalism on an FTP and there were "accidentally" dick pics left there. GOOD TIMES.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

NIN.com forums or ETS forums?

ETS FTW.

I posted on both ETS and The Spiral when it existed, but never bothered with the nin.com's forums once they opened it up. Lots of nice enough people over there, but ETS is where it's at.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm starting to forget what the Spiral forums were like. Were they the ones with the ridiculous amount of moderation? All I can remember is that thread with dicks and that there were a lot of dicks posting (OH-HO!).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I'm pretty certain there was a similar thread on NIN.com too!

So who's going to be the first on this forum?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    So who's going to be the first on this forum?

On this forum we just talk intelligently about fucking and show each other our dicks in real life (WARNING: may result in marriage or Mark Higgins).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm starting to forget what the Spiral forums were like. Were they the ones with the ridiculous amount of moderation? All I can remember is that thread with dicks and that there were a lot of dicks posting (OH-HO!).
    What I remember about the Spiral forums (and I was a member there first, then I joined ETS) is that they (the Spiral) had the Clique spirit even bigger than ETS ever did. I remember it being a core of users talking to each other while everyone else was basically ignored. nin.com forums have evolved from that.

What the current iteration of forum.nin.com has that ETS doesn't have as much is the Outreach subforum. It's basically an online support group for whatever it is that's going on in your life, from the benign to the tragic. It's full of respectful and understanding people. Here, on ETS, we have some of it in the How Fuck Was Your Day thread, for example.

Of course, nin.com is also where users can "talk to Trent" so you do have your "dear Trent" threads. It comes with the territory. And there's the Party Room. Yeah.

Current events is good too. There are some very articulated and intelligent users there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I like echoingthesound better because every time I post here an opinion that isn't favorable, I don't feel like someone is going to come to my house and murder me.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    What I remember about the Spiral forums
    What I remember most was that a few (popular) users never took ANYTHING seriously, they'd interrupt every.single.thread with 400 gross or stupid photos or stupid jokes. I think that kind of stuff led to the draconian mod rules over at NIN.com. (I'm not mentioning any usernames but you know who I mean.)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I just can't stand most forums (like the spiral) that have so much distraction with signature lines and curly ques all over the place. I don't even like this place having color. Give me gray!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    This exchange perfectly sums up "why ETS?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the fragile.com was enjoyable back in the day(wonder what happened to my thefragile.com email address), but nin.com was my crack till i found ets, havent used the forum at nin.com in a few years. but many hours spent in those places late 90s early 2000's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://web.archive.org/web/200101182...hefragile.com/ three great websites from my twenties.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    (WARNING: may result in marriage or Mark Higgins).
    I can't say either interest me...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Even though ETS has gone through different iterations, I feel like ETS is still way more consistent than nin.com. They change that site around every time Trent buys a new pair of shorts or something, and that is a man who likes his shorts.

I think I checked nin.com about a year ago and found that my account was still there, but everything I had ever posted had been deleted-- or something weird like that. I didn't use it much, so it wasn't a big loss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nutshell: ETS has (wildly fun) threads to highlight the ludicrousness of users like Segashaheen (RIP/TLA), whereas on nin.com the pants-shittingly insane - plus people that refer to the band as "nails" - seem to have the run of things.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    people that refer to the band as "nails" - seem to have the run of things.
    *disgusted shudder*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    SLS...wow. that was a long time ago. aol and dial-up. my history is fuzzy, didn't ETS evolve/replaces SLS as it went down?

back on track, my ets password is in my strip account. my nin.com is not.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    As somebody that's tried both, it's sometimes hard to decide, however, in terms of serious discussions and informative threads and news about NIN, ETS seems to win by leaps and bounds. That's not to say that there aren't any serious or meaningful conversations in NIN.com either, but even when I'm lurking, I get a lot more out of ETS than NIN.com. I also like that you can embed YouTube videos in ETS.

As for another thing about NIN.com, I love the fact that they have a Party Room, since that's where I can be allowed spam myself silly. (I'm KSalavante over there.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, I had been on NIN.com's forums for a while(don't ask who I am, I like to be mysterious~), and I enjoy it more here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On nin.com's forums there's to much fangirling/fanboying going on over there. Over here people are more level head and not just obsessing about Trent all the time.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    As somebody that can and has been very addicted to Nine Inch Nails, I totally see what you mean by that. But you sometimes never know, since the NIN section here can have its moments, but at least threads that go way over the top get locked ASAP.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was also surprising to me. I'd still agree that Hesitation Marks could be among some of his best work since The Fragile though... even though it's still kind of hard for me to say that with an album like Year Zero around.

As for NIN.com, if the forums get updated and/or replaced, I'd at least hope to be able to embed YouTube videos along with the ability to like posts, rate threads, and tag threads. And that is also assuming that the NIN.com forums don't get deleted without any chance of being replaced first.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-07-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Just about every year, I reach out to the guy who owns nin.net and ask if I can have it, if he'll sell it. Oh, to be news.nin.net, forum.nin.net, whatever. But that'll never fucking happen. Jason Patterson, why don't you ever write me back? You're doing nothing with that domain.
    To add the part of the topic of short URLs that could be used on the NINternet, even just for the sake of imagination: I would've brought this up ASAP, but it actually didn't exist yet, as it seems like it only came out this year. There seems to be another ETS on the Internet, it's just that it stands for Educational Testing Service, while also being a .org website. I think I might also post it in The School Thread.

http://www.ets.org/