Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Happy Father's Day, sole survivor.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Coming this October...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The game had zero replayability for me, hopefully this can inject some life into it

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    This year I've completed 1, 2, 3 and now I've begun New Vegas. Lovin' this series.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Bethesda have had this stream of a Pipboy booble head doing nothing live streaming for nearly a whole day...

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

JUST ANNOUNCE SOMETHING ALREADY?!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Last edited by GibbonBlack; 05-30-2018 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Proper linking

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Reveal happened. 'Fallout 76' John Denvers Country Roads was playing... so a new full game?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Looks like it's in the engine Fallout 4 used, so i'm guessing it is a 'new' game...but just what kind of game i don't know.

I was rather hoping for a Fallout 3 remaster, or New Vegas remaster...or just an Obsidian Fallout (that went right out the window lol) but i'm open to seeing what they have cooked up.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Just throwing this out there: 1976 was the same year as the Hanford incident and the "Atomic Man".

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    People who accurately leaked this and Fallout 4 have said it’s going to have online aspects and that a Fallout 3 remaster is getting announced at E3.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone else here pumped for Fallout 76 in a few months? Preordered and cannot wait. I especially love (since it's an always online game) they're essentially making griefing pointless so dickbags don't ruin your fun. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I went back to platinum Fallout 4, but can't say i'm at all excited for 76. Online only games just don't do anything for me (i don't have any friends to team up with), i prefer the world where you get lost in solo, like 3, NV and 4. Since the ravel at E3 i just haven't bothered looking at the game anymore

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I went back to platinum Fallout 4, but can't say i'm at all excited for 76. Online only games just don't do anything for me (i don't have any friends to team up with), i prefer the world where you get lost in solo, like 3, NV and 4. Since the ravel at E3 i just haven't bothered looking at the game anymore
    I'm with you on solo vs PvP but am jazzed how they're handling it here...a few things of note:

1. Players under Level 5 straight up can't be killed by human players.
    2. The game can be played solo (storyline, quests, etc.) and the map is roughly 4x the size of Fallout 4, and every time you log in you're placed in a server with roughly a dozen humans, not hundreds. So it's pretty spread out and encounters will be rare, unless you go looking for them.
    3. They've taken some pretty strict anti-griefing measures: When shot by another player, it does almost no damage...it's sort of a 'let's throw down'. If you don't engage back, yes the player can eventually kill you. But you lose nothing for not engaging, whereas the killing player...if you didn't attack back...ALSO gets nothing for killing you. No caps, no xp, no nothing. They're also marked on the entire map as a wanted murderer. Everyone else can see them on the map, they can't see anyone. The bounty for killing them becomes insanely high, and damage from any other players towards them becomes very lopsided. They become the hunted, and the bounty comes out of their own stash.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That sounds all well and good but i'm still going to wait until it's out and see what other solo players think of it first. It might be amazing, but it does sound like they've made a multiplayer experience first and foremost. If it's not for me i'll just mod Fallout 4 again

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Yeah...I sincerely appreciate Beth's effort to make this multiplayer work well. I wish more developers were doing this same kind of work, finding creative, innovative ways to make multiplayer not completely suck ass. If more devs had this approach and were learning from each other, maybe things would actually improve for the whole medium.

But still, I just don't know...Do I have to interact with people at all? Cause I fucking detest gamer culture, so I don't want to hear their goddamn voices or even see their fucking chat windows. If I have to communicate with them in any way whatsoever, then this game is definitely not for me. Pretty much every multiplayer game I've ever tried has been filled with screeching racist morons. Even if I set aside the fucking offensiveness and stupidity of it all, it's also totally immersion breaking and not remotely fun and a total waste of my limited free time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Noice. Beta test starts Tue Oct 23 for XB1 and Tue Oct 30 for PS4/PC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So did anyone play the Beta last night? Thoughts/impressions? Still borderline on whether to get it or not.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I did. Got to level 7 juuuust before they shut it down. My thoughts:

- It was VERY fun. Yes, I'm biased but I too was really on the fence with this one. This sealed it for me. Will it be the best thing ever? Nah. Will I be playing it side by side with RDR2? Yep.
    - Graphics are pretty gorgeous, though for what it's worth...daytime seemed to last about 1/2 as long as the night, so my pip boy light was practically always on, just something I noticed.
    - The map is indeed fuckin' huge.
    - Lots of looting/crafting. If you thought the amount of items you could pick up before was plentiful...holy shit. Walk by a table and you can pick up the plates, utensils, cups, trays, you name it...being over-encumbered is still a real issue.
    - Eating/Drinking was claimed in early reviews to not be a big issue, but you do need to eat/drink somewhat regularly or those two little meters go down and you start to lose stats.
    - Benches to craft/repair/modify were pretty plentiful, but weapons...while they do break down...they're still pretty durable overall so not much of a factor.
    - The public events were fun. Think Destiny. Timed locations at different parts on the map where you go and kill a boss or collect mats, often with other humans for good loot.
    - The PVP never happened in my 4 hours. I got to level 5 (and thus, PVP) with about 90 min to go in the beta and even then, nobody seemed to bother. Granted, there are only like 15 ppl in each server, and who knows what happens when we're all rolling around at level 25, etc.

I could go on, but I'd say it's definitely worth it if you're a Fallout fan. As mentioned, definitely had a Destiny/Division vibe in there with the public events and how much you'll be looting/crafting, but you still can't beat blasting ghouls with the Ink Spots playing in the background.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How's the main story content? And how common are player kills? Is it as much of a troll fest as it seems?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    How's the main story content? And how common are player kills? Is it as much of a troll fest as it seems?
    The story is ok at best, with no NPCs other than servant bots, the quests are all through holotapes and reading terminals. It does make the story seemingly not the focus which justifiably might turn some people off. As for trolling/griefing, as I mentioned it wasn’t an issue at all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The story is ok at best, with no NPCs other than servant bots, the quests are all through holotapes and reading terminals. It does make the story seemingly not the focus which justifiably might turn some people off. As for trolling/griefing, as I mentioned it wasn’t an issue at all.
    Griefing is definitely going to be an issue. I watched my buddy play for a while a couple days ago, he came up to a house that prompted him with an event (Defend the house!) There were about 12 turrets stationed around the house, none of which attacked him. He went in thinking ok, i'll join up. He was level 5. The level 14 owner of the turrets waited til he was inside and in view of about 4 turrets or so. Shot him. Dude does not shoot back. The turrets, however, give no fucks because they're owner had initiated combat, and proceed to start blasting the living shit out of my buddy. He shoots one of the turrets back, the game labels him Wanted, and as he's trying to escape the situation, level 14's friend (a level 13 himself) catches him and shoots him dead. So: griefing can be done, can be done easily, and is straight up bullshit. Watching that made my decision for me: not getting this game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh I feel you. Like I said, it was only in my somewhat limited time with the beta that I didn't experience it. Griefing will always be a thing in games, so much so that we have cases like this, where the way to combat it is a major aspect of the news surrounding a new release. I'll still give it a go, but preordered it via an E3 sale meaning that even if I sell it off sooner than later I won't take a hit lol.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Goddamn why am I only just now appreciating there's a Fallout thread on here? Greetings, fellow wastelanders!

Enjoyed my time with the B.E.T.A. and really looking forward to next week. Anyone playing on PS4 looking for a teammate? I'm planning on mostly playing solo, but running around with fellow ETSers sounds like fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be playing Fallout 76 for the first time tonight. I missed out on the BETA. If anyone needs a person to their group on Xbox, you can add me. I'm ColdSpider426.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I normally don't shitpost but this game looks like it's abysmal content wise and a complete a waste of time.

Shame.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-15-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wish I could get a refund.... I'm optimistic, though, that it could be fleshed out and greatly be improved upon a year from now. It's bare, boring, and feels unfinished. Having to keep eating and drinking doesn't help.

I can't help but think of The Division. It was barren and boring. But I hear it's gotten updated a lot and have improved dramatically. So hopefully time helps 76. The potential is there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    So hopefully time helps 76. The potential is there.
    Still as a "finished" product that excuse shouldn't fly to me. Shouldn't have to wait a year plus for a game to reach playability and fully potential.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Still as a "finished" product that excuse shouldn't fly to me. Shouldn't have to wait a year plus for a game to reach playability and fully potential.
    Yeah, it sucks. And there's no excuse for it. That's what it is though. Release now, finish later.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Gave me any to all insight I needed. Holy fuck.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    While of course a lot of that video is sensationalist (i.e. you could find another vid with the exact opposite opinion in seconds) there is a lot that I agree with. Mostly in that, the environment/story itself is just a bit too dull. They really need to rush the events, etc. to keep interest up.