Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The game is already up for pre-order. Obviously a fall release. Add to the fact that officially Bethesda has it listed as "TBA 2015".

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hmmm. I'd be very surprised to see it come out this year. It's a day one purchase either way. Awesome news though. Surprised that it doesn't look that much better than the last two. But, the gameplay and everything along with it will most likely blow everyone away.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    the storylines are everything for me. So many things are suggested by the trailer -- for example, Fenway as a fortified encampment -- this one's going to require booking vacation time and clearing the calendar.

also important to note that the people watching the blast are within the "stand within circle" line on the vault door. Perhaps you are the infant.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    some of those wide city shots have me pretty excited. stuff like this...

and this

I mean, if all those buildings are basically just wallpaper, like was sometimes the case in the older fallout games, i'll be kinda bummed out. but if those cityscapes are honestly that big and they're fully explorable, that would be fucking awesome

also, the vibrant colors on this game look SO GOOD. i didn't completely hate the green-ish color tinting of FO3 like some people, because i thought it helped set a certain tone for the game, but i have to admit that it got tiring after hundreds of hours. it feels absolutely great to see all the bright primary colors and the crisp blue sky in this trailer. i think it'll help the game from feeling monotone, which is what i sometimes felt with the older games. i definitely didn't feel that way with skyrim, because there's just so much aesthetic variety in that game, so i'm hoping that a wider color palette and a greater difference between cities and small towns and the countryside will make the game world feel more diverse this time around.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    People are starting to get my hopes up on a 2015 release date. Feels unlikely. But, a lot of people seem so sure that it'll be out by the holidays.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    ^Yeah, I had been assuming that the reveal would be this summer and then the game would come out a year later, but logging into steam this afternoon and seeing that it already has a store page and they're taking pre-orders definitely has me wondering if it'll be released pretty soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There was a rumor on NeoGAF that it would be out in October. We'll see, I played FO3 for awhile, but it got backlogged and I never finished it. Should I wait for FO4 since I have other games to play?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's up to you. You're missing out on some great stuff though. I'm thinking about replaying some of FO3. I haven't played some of the expansions. So I may do that and mostly goof around.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    if anything, play FO3 and look for Vault 112. They were constructed in order, so the abilities of 112 could provide clues to the environment of 111, which could explain the pre-war sections of the FO4 trailer.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Release date is 11-10-2015. There's also an iOS/android game, "fallout shelter" -- kinda like sim city -- available now from AppStore.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    This looks awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God, I hope I manage to get one of the pip boy collectors edition

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    November?!?!? Bruhhhhh.....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Seriously? !

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Need that collector's edition. That Pip-Boy. So sexy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Collectors edition is up on amazon. Got mine preordered!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Way too many open world games this year. Witcher, Batman, MGS, and now this. Killing me, heh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Collector's preordered as well, this is gonna be sick.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Bethesda's E3 presentation from last night is on youtube, and this link should put you right at the beginning of the Fallout 4 part.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Mods on Xbox is huuuge for console plebes, like me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    http://www.windowscentral.com/fallou...ox-one-version
    This makes getting Fallout 4 on the Xbone more enticing since it brings Fallout 3 exclusively on the one.
    Trying to get FO3 to run on my pc is a nightmare. I honetly dont know if my gaming rig could handle FO4 so I might just get an Xbox one to play both games.
    I'm also excited that mods on the PC will be ported to the Xbone.

Now I'm at a toss up; wait until video cards are cheaper and update my rig for fallout 4 and other games or just get a one to play all those games minus Xcom 2.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fallout Anthology drops for PC on Sept. 29th.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Fallout 4 info:

• There will be about a dozen possible companions, including Dogmeat, Mr. Handy, Preston Garvey, and ‘Piper,’ a newly-revealed companion who you can meet in Diamond City.
    • Mr. Handy can actually say your name—be it John, or something more ridiculous like “Mr. Fuckface.” He will vocalize it all the same. I can’t wait to see all the offensive and silly names that people come up with! In any case, Mr. Handy is voiced by Stephen Russel, who PC Gamer notes also voiced Garret in Thief. Finally, the inside of Mr. Handy is actually modeled, because I guess Bethesda wants to make sure you can see the details if he’s ever blown up.
    • Piper, the new companion, wears a red leather coat and a newsboy hat.
    • You can romance your companions, regardless of whether you play as a male or female. Not clear on whether or not this includes robots like Mr. Handy, but here’s hoping.
    • Things that are back: bloody mess perk, Super Duper Mart, computer hacking, lockpicking, the Fat Man, and Behemoth mutants. The demo actually ends with the player shooting an atomic bomb at a Behemoth mutant.
    • Book/comic book covers will be more detailed this time around, and you can zoom in and look at them.
    • The leveling system works differently now. Perks are tied to SPECIAL stats, and not levels. Having specific high special stats means having good related perks.
    • It sounds like factions can war with one another. IGN described a scene where the player watched ghouls attacking raiders, and noted that the player had the option to let it happen without interfering. Awesome. Additionally, they also noted that at one point the Brotherhood of Steel appears and joins the player in a battle against raiders.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Alleged specs as listed on Amazon.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Fallout Shelter is eating my life. I'm very pumped to try the new game sooon

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Specs revealed.

From here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...specs-revealed

The PC requirements are:
    Minimum:

• Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    • Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
    • 8 GB RAM
    • 30 GB free HDD space
    • NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended:

• Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    • Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
    • 8 GB RAM
    • 30 GB free HDD space
    • NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

That ram requirement seems a bit much but other than that I can run it just fine.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 10-08-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)