Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Weak reason to bump, but thought this was pretty funny.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What the fuck? My character has 100 lock picking skill but that's just asinine.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Why Boston? The Point Lookout DLC gave me the idea of a New Orleans setting. The city + the swamp lands.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fallout voice actor teases Fallout 4.

More info has to be coming soon...I hope.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'd love to have a new Fallout with the Skyrim engine, that'd be so awesome.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'd love to have a new Fallout with the Skyrim engine, that'd be so awesome.
    They'd be foolish not to. Time for a new Fallout though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently someone knows a PR informant on the inside and has leaked details:

Tipped to make the cut are a new faction comparable to the Super Mutants and Ghouls.
    Boston itself will look and feel very different to prior Fallout cities, inching the franchise a little closer to the high tech slickness of a Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

"From my understanding, some Obsidian members have been hired for Fallout 4," GNR_Informant commented. "Really, I don't know if FO4 is the game they got hired for, but its most likely that one."

Here's his post in full. Bear in mind that all this is strictly unconfirmed for the moment.
    - First and foremost, the game will take place in Boston, and be kind of a direct sequel to Fallout 3 with a few groups returning.

- From what it sounds like, "The Institute" is pretty much the downtown DC or New Vegas of this game. Boston is going to be unlike anything we've seen in a Fallout game before, with buildings more on par with cyberpunk and retro-futurism.

- Androids play a big part in this game. The railroad from Fallout 3 is a faction. The enemies of the railroad is "the Plantation" -- a group who force Androids to farm so that Humans can get food. The Institute is highly advanced and probably obtained or built their own GECK to start a farm.

- Due to complaints about using Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3 excessively and going against the lore too much, Bethesda has decided to avoid using these groups. Bethesda wants to make a new "race" (think Ghoul, Super Mutant) which will be central to Boston. Bethesda is currently looking at Lovecraftian fiction since Boston is around "Lovecraft Country".

- Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Fallout 3

So, I started playing New Vegas again. Hit lvl 5. "Accidently" wandered into Nipton with NCR armor on, pissed off the legion. Killed them. Sent some assassins to get me and kill me every time. Sucks

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    We need to change the title of this thread perhaps to just 'Fallout' now...finally.

Leaked documents prove that 'Fallout 4' is currently in production, casting for voice actors, and primarily set in Boston.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They've been rumoring Boston for awhile now. Id find it hard to believe that after all this time, that they haven't got a game in development.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    No news, just a bump. I was talking to a friend about Fallout 3, and how this series is his absolute fave, and we were throwing around ideas for what Fallout 4 needs. Biggest thing we were talking about was a system similar to weapon creation and repair, but with vehicles. Fallout 4 needs vehicles so bad. But make it interesting, like having some wasteland nitro-truck, but the upkeep is a bitch. You need rarer fuel, you have to find a fuel pump somewhere after yours blows, but your repair skill isn't quite high enough, so you have to use your backup vehicle, a dirt bike. The dirt bike, however, is easier to maintain and fuel, but you can't carry dick-all on it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kinda hoping it plays like Skyrim. Loved the leveling in Skyrim, and just about everything about it. If they integrated some of that stuff, I'd be a very happy man.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    No news, just a bump. I was talking to a friend about Fallout 3, and how this series is his absolute fave, and we were throwing around ideas for what Fallout 4 needs. Biggest thing we were talking about was a system similar to weapon creation and repair, but with vehicles. Fallout 4 needs vehicles so bad. But make it interesting, like having some wasteland nitro-truck, but the upkeep is a bitch. You need rarer fuel, you have to find a fuel pump somewhere after yours blows, but your repair skill isn't quite high enough, so you have to use your backup vehicle, a dirt bike. The dirt bike, however, is easier to maintain and fuel, but you can't carry dick-all on it.
    Useless trivia: Fallout 2 actually had a car that you could use to travel between locations (it was not really an open world like Fallout 3). It was powered by fusion power which also served as ammunition for fusion weapons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard any recent news about the next game?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just rumors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone check out Wasteland 2? Fallout was originally a sequel to the first Wasteland...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iggygfoshatner View Post
    Anyone check out Wasteland 2?
    Game of the year

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Bethesda announces it's first ever full E3 conference for this summer.

FALLOUT. 4. PLEASE.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It'll be more Doom news, I'm guessing. People will get super hyped up for Fallout 4 like they did with Wolfenstein, only to find out it's Doom. or a Wolfenstein sequel.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iggygfoshatner View Post
    Anyone check out Wasteland 2? Fallout was originally a sequel to the first Wasteland...
    wasteland 2 was a huge disapointment. Dare to say worse than Fallout 3.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    We need to change the title of this thread perhaps to just 'Fallout' now...finally.

Leaked documents prove that 'Fallout 4' is currently in production, casting for voice actors, and primarily set in Boston.
    Yes, that way we can discuss previous decent fallout titles. You know before Bethesda took over.

And yes im not letting any oppurtunity go to waste to bash Bethesda.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    It'll be more Doom news, I'm guessing. People will get super hyped up for Fallout 4 like they did with Wolfenstein, only to find out it's Doom. or a Wolfenstein sequel.
    To be fair, Doom's been a long time coming. At 11 years, it's now been as long since Doom 3 as that game was from Doom 1.

Not sure Doom 4 will be anything to be excited about though. The game was canned at least once because it just plain wasn't good enough, and now there's barely anyone left at Id who worked on their golden-age titles.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 02-10-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I want to play New Vegas again so bad... for me that was the game Fallout 3 should have been (minus the bugs like the hat that broke the game).. I much prefer the Wasteland to Elder Scrolls. Shame I have no time to really get invested in it... I sure hope Fallout 4 is on the horizon though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    that's counting down to 9am EST tomorrow (6/3) right? figures I'm on a plane then... to DC, from Boston. Maybe that's a sign
    edit: now looks like it's counting down to 10am eastern.
    Last edited by Andrew; 06-03-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I enjoyed Fallout 3 well enough, but i have to say i dont quite get the full force hype with these games. 4 looks ok, but its another apocalypse setting in a medium loaded with apocalypse settings...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just find it refreshing in an age of gaming where it's no longer ok online to be hyped about something, to see people so hyped about something.