Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "...1.5 times bigger", "...shades of Red Dead Redemption", "...levelling system", "...huge map".

TAKE. MY. DAMN. MONEY!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Unless someone can point a historical templar significance in Japan, I dont see how Japan would even make sense regarding the material.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Unless someone can point a historical templar significance in Japan, I dont see how Japan would even make sense regarding the material.
    The relevance with Japan is that in AC2 (I think?), there was an assassin there. A lady I think. And her statue was in the shrine in the villa. Other than that, I don't see Japan having any other real relevance other than that tiny fact. The fact that it takes place in the american revolution makes more sense considering one of the subject 16 puzzles.

It had George Washington with the apple. So maybe he'll be the villian, as Borgia was in AC2 and Brotherhood?

edit: Guess I should've read ahead a little bit.
    Last edited by Piko; 03-03-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    III is giving me a total nerd boner right now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think gameplay considering the landscape could be very interesting.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I'm not suggesting that it's readily relevant, but all it would take is some quick written justification. They could effortlessly justify bringing the series to Japan.

and I say obvious because the gameplay is ready to be a game about japanese ninjas ( in a more traditional sense than, say Gaiden's god of war approach). it would only take a few tweaks.

still, I think this looks cool enough. It'll happen eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AC3 sounds/looks amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New screens look amazing. definitely getting this one!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Announcement trailer -

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Assassin's Creed III special edition details announced.

Two different kinds of special editions? Kinda overkilling it these days lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Assassin's Creed III special edition details announced.

Two different kinds of special editions? Kinda overkilling it these days lol.
    What I don't like is that there's the catch-all edition with eeeverything, and then the one with less stuff AND different stuff at the same time. They could at least keep the content the same, just remove some items for a cheaper package for people who don't want all the fluff.*

* I am one of those people that will throw money down for all the fluff.

Edit: Apparently that shit's only available through European retailers. I'm sure it'll make its way to the US though. or something similar.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-27-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First gameplay trailer can be unlocked at www.assassinscreed.com/unite if ppl tweet, share the link, etc.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I really love all the people getting on the teaser on youtube and saying "LOL ARROE 2 DA NEE." He's not even being shot in the knee. It's not even at an angle where it could be confused with the knee.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Haha true dat. As for the trailer unlock, it's not even at 25% and it's been like 7 or 8 hours pretty much. Don't think they expected it to take this long before fizzling out but come on...they wanted almost TWO MILLION tweets/shares, etc. to unlock it. Watch it be like 8 seconds of gameplay too haha.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That's probably what it'll be! :P But I won't lie, that new little detachable knife/functioning hidden blade weapon is pretty slick.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    There's never been any really good Revolutionary Time games, this looks excellent. I wonder how much more difficult it'll be as they have actual guns now, not just bows and arrows like the others.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Seeing a bear over Connor's shoulder is really all you need to know if someone's asking why this game will be awesome. :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm guessing this is Connor's voice for the new game? Man, I'm going to miss Ezio's voice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting the video, this looks awesome. Hopefully there's no tower defense. I stopped playing Revelations when that shit started (although I really need to go back and finish it). This is probably my favorite 3rd person PS3 series, but I'm definitely ready for it to move forward, history-wise.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was kinda iffy about the tower defense stuff. Didn't bother with it. Probably makes the game a little harder, but ah well, I managed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I am having a stupid amount of fun playing through the second one right now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I didn't have to defend any towers for the exception of the tutorial.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Well, the ubiworkshop website announced this.

Can't say I'm too stoked about it, though. I already have the first edition of the encyclopedia (No way in hell am I paying that much again for 80 pages of new content. I'll wait for a newer edition with more added to it), and I'm gonna pick up a copy of The Chain seperately. Getting them in this bundle still saves money, but I'd rather put my $100 toward the big fuck-off collector's edition inevitably on the way.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm game. It sounds like it could be pretty interesting. I was holding off on getting a Vita until November if it was still holding up on the market, but if they give AC:L a nice pre-order package I might get it a little early. Still too early to decide for sure, though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not to entirely derail but mentioning the Vita reminded me of this article I read about Sony and the failure of the Vita.

Back to AC chat, don't derail it lol. Just thought it was interesting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like the flow and style of this game. I think I may even like the setting and story (what I can tell) more than every other game. II is still the top contender.