Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Portugal. The Man

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Portugal. The Man

So, these guys have put out one of the best albums of the year and work nonstop with the quality of their work not diminishing. Evil Friends is the name of the new album and with each release they've gotten better. I honestly don't know how to describe their sound or compare them to anyone. They're spacy, they can rock the fuck out, they can write excellent pop songs, and they jam out as much as anyone. Any other fans out there?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I saw them in a really cool venue back in 2009 and they were incredible live. I liked most of their albums but REALLY got into "It's Complicated Being a Wizard"...which is kind of their most left field record I'd say.

Their show I saw the next year was in one of St. Louis' WORST venues so it kind of dampened the show for me, but I have really good memories of seeing them way back when.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hm, name is interesting. I'll check it out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I had never heard of this band before. I was scanning through the new releases on iTunes last week and tried the samples and liked it. Fortunately enough, you can stream the full album on Soundcloud, and I really enjoyed it. I bought this new album and it's great.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    A few of my faves:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No idea they had a new one out. They are great. Even better live. Satanic Satanist is probably my favorite. Every song on that album is perfect for summer.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    New album just came out this week. Danger Mouse produced it. It's polished and poppy, but very dark.

As a live band, they're awesome. They killed it at Coachella, and I'm eagerly awaiting their set at Bonnaroo this weekend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Check out the Austin City Limits website for a chance to win 4 3-Day passes and side stage viewing for Portugal the Man's set on the 2nd weekend. aclfestival.com its on the home page.