Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2013.11.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

To GA, or not to GA...Haven't been to an arena show here before. Seating can be hit or miss with these things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wife and I will be driving from LA for this one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will be here for my hometown show. This was the first venue I saw NIN play in when I was 15 on the With Teeth Fall Tour, great memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    To GA, or not to GA...Haven't been to an arena show here before. Seating can be hit or miss with these things.
    Presale early entry will really help for GA Floor to get you closer as its large. Otherwise the lower bowl seats about one or two sections from the stage are pretty good. I've seen Tool from those seats on the side before. Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will most likely GA and try to find a good spot to actually see the show. Maybe somewhere between soundboard and stage. I'm 5'9, so been debating it. Been on rails for a lot of shows, and I think I'm getting old and just want to be close enough to take it all in while enjoying the visuals.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    For those that live in Phoenix- how's the nightlife around this arena? Not looking for clubs, just decent bars. Since its so close to the airport am debating to get a hotel by US Airways, or getting a rental and stay somewhere fun?

Let me know if anyone has suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't help you, I'd rather live in denial than live in Phoenix. But I will be there hopefully sitting in good seats in section 108 But does anyone know what the promoter pre-sale is? Who is the promoter and how do i get tickets from them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    For those that live in Phoenix- how's the nightlife around this arena? Not looking for clubs, just decent bars. Since its so close to the airport am debating to get a hotel by US Airways, or getting a rental and stay somewhere fun?

I lived in Mesa during my time in college, but that was over in the east Valley, we did most of our partying either on Mill Ave in Tempe with the ASU chicks or out in Old Town Scottsdale, never ventured to downtown PHX.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sadly, Downtown Phoenix is gigantic, scattered, and quite unfriendly for walkers. And the surrounding area is incredibly hipster, so be prepared to interact with arrogant trolls donning long sleeve flannel shirts in 115 degree heat whilst sipping on PBR and complaining about...well, everything. All things aside, though, if you head north from US Airways towards Roosevelt and near 7th street, you'll find some gems peppered here and there. I do like Crescent Ballroom, which is walking distance from the arena. It is a live music venue, but I like to hang out in the lounge to have drinks and chat with cool people.
    crescentphx.com‎ is their site. Tycho will be playing at the Crescent Ballroom the weekend of NIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOTS of stuff in phoenix..

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ The promotion code/password should be on nin.com tour page when it goes on sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to both LA and this concert, so this presale is going to be 1 hour earlier than the LA one, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, from the looks of it on nin.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, my anxiety is over now for ticket buying for this tour. Vegas and now Phoenix confirmed! This went much smoother than the Vegas presales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got mine, section 101, row 6. Bummer on the price tag, a little bit of sticker shock. Oh well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedphils View Post
    Got mine, section 101, row 6. Bummer on the price tag, a little bit of sticker shock. Oh well.
    Got section 101, row 5. Ill try not to block your view. (just kidding).
    Yeah - I almost didnt buy this one - already going to 3 other shows. But then I tried the presale and got the tix I got and.....waited almost the entire 9 minutes to decide - then paid for them.
    haha.

it looks like on some maps BTW that row 3 is the first row - hard to tell though. I wish venues would put out more detailed maps with actual seat numbers and row numbers. just lazy I tell ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    Got section 101, row 5. Ill try not to block your view. (just kidding).
    Yeah - I almost didnt buy this one - already going to 3 other shows. But then I tried the presale and got the tix I got and.....waited almost the entire 9 minutes to decide - then paid for them.
    haha.

it looks like on some maps BTW that row 3 is the first row - hard to tell though. I wish venues would put out more detailed maps with actual seat numbers and row numbers. just lazy I tell ya.
    Nice, I was trying to decide if being that close would make up for being on the side (my wife is 5' 2" and 100 lbs so the floor isn't really an option). Hopefully being on the side won't really make too much of a difference, I've never been to a show here, so we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my tickets. I'm hoping GA isn't full of people 6'2-6'4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my tickets for GA Floor, excited to see NIN live again!
    I got another question, where do I see the venue map?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    its always a gamble on the side at stadiums - I remember the LITS forum presale tickets in LA - we were so much on the side we couldnt see the screens - I was directly on the side of the first screen. It was a bit of a bummer but an interesting view regardless. I hope these arent that much on the side But whatever - I am 5'9 and get tired of taller guys in my way - who cant stand still. And yes - pretty much any girl I go with to a show anymore doesnt want to stand that long. I am good with the seats.
    Im sure your seats will be great.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flauros View Post
    I lived in Mesa during my time in college, but that was over in the east Valley, we did most of our partying either on Mill Ave in Tempe with the ASU chicks or out in Old Town Scottsdale, never ventured to downtown PHX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    its always a gamble on the side at stadiums - I remember the LITS forum presale tickets in LA - we were so much on the side we couldnt see the screens - I was directly on the side of the first screen. It was a bit of a bummer but an interesting view regardless. I hope these arent that much on the side But whatever - I am 5'9 and get tired of taller guys in my way - who cant stand still. And yes - pretty much any girl I go with to a show anymore doesnt want to stand that long. I am good with the seats.
    Im sure your seats will be great.
    EDIT: meant to multi quote Homesick A

Thanks for the suggestions. I booked the Holiday Inn Express directly north of the arena- yay or nay? There should be at least 4 of us coming from Milwaukee, as long as there's decent night life within walking distance from that hotel we'll be fine so lemme know what anyone thinks...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2013.11.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

GA Floor. Pumped!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Anyone know why they went on sale an hour early? Anyways, I'll be on the floor (probably doin it with my wife).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought nin.com tickets went on sale on the 26th, bummed out now. Won't be able to get money ready until then. Hope I can still get a good seat.

Edit: After thinking it over I went for the cheaper ticket, got Section 107 - Row 24. Considering how visually extravagant the stage setup for this tour is going to be, I don't think its necessarily a bad thing to have a seat near the back. I guess I'll find out.
    Last edited by Trunkjob; 07-02-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Bought ticket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got tickets for my son and I for the PHX show. Tickets are not the greatest, but cost was a factor (because the wife and I are going to Vegas show(s)). Will be quite interesting to be sitting toward the back of the house for a stadium show and then standing at the front for the intimate one.

Guess I'm always trying to relive the pre-TDS tour experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    Got
    Guess I'm always trying to relive the pre-TDS tour experience.
    That ain't gonna happen... sadly. Even 2005 at the Marque was tame compared to pre-TDS no matter how hard gas mask man worked.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Judging by how many tickets are still left... I'll see all three dozen of you in Phoenix come November!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Judging by how many tickets are still left... I'll see all three dozen of you in Phoenix come November!!!
    You might be right. Still early for a Phoenix show to sell a ton of tickets. Hopefully the sales pick up. I went to Muse here a few months back and it was not sold out. No Mohawks and not many tattoos either. Was weird after many NIN shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How many tickets are left?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    How many tickets are left?
    A metric shit ton. Also found out you can buy 50 GA tickets at the same time, don't accidentally click "buy" on that one. :O

Its got an interactive seating chart so you can see/pick your own seats- when you get a chance go to this show on TM using a PC/laptop/Mac (no phone or tablet) and you can see all the seats that are available. Wish every venue had this option, it's really cool.

as long as it doesn't get cancelled I'm all good. Lots of time left and album release should help.
    Last edited by Krazy; 06-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.