Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Foo Fighters

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Foo Fighters

One of the best fucking rock band right now. I just love all the shit they've been putting out.

This year they released their seventh album Wasting Light. They recorded the whole fucking album on tape in Dave's garage. Pat Smear is officially a full time member again, Krist Novoselic played bass on one song and the producer was Butch Vig. Ex-Nirvana members rule!

They also did some cool music videos, a documentary (out now on DVD and Blu-ray), a garage tour and a worldwide run from spring.
    Such an amazing band. Please share your thoughts!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Why I love the Foo Fighters -

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    If we're talking about mainstream rock bands, Foo Fighters are the cream of the crop. They're the ultimate singles band, they play every show like it's their last, and for the most part, their albums are fucking solid. I liked Wasting Light, and I hope they actually pay a show this tour in which I can see them. Fuck Courtney Love.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Saw them in Vancouver at the end of October, and it was awesome!
    They definatly give you your money's worth concert wise, they played for 3 hours!
    The show was alot of fun. I was stuck in seats, and I can't stand being at a concert in seats, but it was still ALOT of fun!

Wasting light is their best release since "The Colour and the Shape".

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    they put on a helluva show this time around, but there were waaaay too many extended singalongs/interludes/whatever throughout the show. It reminded me of what Green Day does now. Just play the song, no one needs you to add3 minutes of nonsense to them. I also could have done without the guitar solo off...silly. Could have heard 4 or 5 more rare songs or something instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Always hate posting things like this but, it sure would be cool if I had a high quality mp3 of Darling Nikki... cooler than paying $100+ for the single it appeared on. Thanks in advance, for what? I don't know, nudge nudge, wink wink.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I used to dislike the Foo Fighters, but only because I was irritated at the overplay of The Best of You when that came out. I don't mind that song but I've grown to like them now. Wasting Light is a good album, love The Colour and The Shape.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Heard good things about this album. Oh and they're headlining Leeds. Maybe I should go for two nights after all.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Bumping because Erick Estrada...

Ok, excluding the commercial, i do think they are great, love the first album eve thought they weren't technically a "band" in that moment... I also like "The Colour and The Shape" (but i think it's a bit overrated) and the awesome "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" (this one is my favorite).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Bumping because Erick Estrada...

Ok, excluding the commercial, i do think they are great, love the first album eve thought they weren't technically a "band" in that moment... I also like "The Colour and The Shape" (but i think it's a bit overrated) and the awesome "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" (this one is my favorite).
    Holy shit, Pat Smear is looking OLD!!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Holy shit, Pat Smear is looking OLD!!
    Yes he is, lol
    In my opinion the blonde dye helped him to hide his age but the truth is that they are all oldies, even Taylor looks a bit aged...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...bum-this-fall/

After all of the teases, it is finally "Official".

SOUNDS AWESOME

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I saw them 18 years ago...how time flies.

Looking forward to hearing the new album.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Just posted this on facebook. I saw them in May 2011. Motörhead was unable to make it, so they played a REALLY LONG show that night.

It was awesome.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fi...-1bd3cd88.html

I was also REALLY CLOSE. Excuse the shitty iPhone pics.

Last edited by Sarah K; 05-15-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl is the shit.

Even if you don't like the Foo Fighters you gotta admit that guy is everything you wish to be as a musician.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My only concern with this is that the suggestion is it'll only have 8 tracks on it....wonder if TR is one of the guests bearing in mind their past history. Assuming not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'll bet if Dave Grohl died today, his legacy would eclipse Cobain's.
    I would hope! At least he can play his instrument(s) and I can understand what is coming out of his mouth. Can't say the same for Cobain.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Fucking cool. For several days, they just recorded at Preservation Hall in New Orleans, and then played a show that shut down St. Peter St.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just gonna leave this here...

http://i.imgur.com/L4PfeUe.jpg

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'll bet if Dave Grohl died today, his legacy would eclipse Cobain's.
    Kurt's a member of the 27 club, never going to happen.

Dave's career with the Foos and with everything else is like the Frasier of Rock music, in that no one else has had quite the second act after being part of something so ground-changing. Not even Paul McCartney who despite making great relevant music since his old band broke up, is still quite tethered to it's legacy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Foos playing at Firefly Music Festival in Dover, DE on Friday night. Anyone know if this festival ever gets live-streamed? Doesn't look like it, based on my 2 minutes of Googling, but maybe someone else knows differently.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I feel sorry for Foo Fighters collectors. 9 different vinyl covers. o_0

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Good god, nine covers. The complete picture looks pretty awesome, though.

Foo Fighters always insist on doing these ridiculous bundles - a bunch of them come with a fucking puzzle.

I really don't know what cover I want to get. The New York one is pretty nice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, the NY and Hollywood ones seem to look the coolest, or at least stand by themselves the best without feeling like the rest of the picture/context is missing.

Will probably opt for one of those. Haha, kinda wish I could get one of those puzzles w/o the shirt or deluxe mega-package.

Regardless, really looking forward to this and quite curious to hear what it sounds like.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As an intern at Robert Lang Studios (I also helped renovate the place prior to the band's arrival for recording; no, I wasn't in on the session), I'm definitely going to be getting the Seattle cover.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 08-11-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    8 song album? What is this, an EP? I remember when artists used to record 13-16 track CD's. Seems like albums have been getting progressively shorter as time goes on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's still 45 minutes long!
    You're about to get an older forum member tell you about when 8-10 tracks was the norm too.

I'd rather a short, great album, then a load of filler.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've always had more respect for the Foo Fighter than I liked their music. They always seemed like a band who genuinely loved what they do and didn't Kanye them selves too seriously.

I was hearing on the radio that for their new album they are recording each song in a different city. That's pretty cool.

I think comparing Dave to Kurt is pointless. The whole genius of that little guy was that his vocals and guitar playing had a tonne of soul in them despite their technical shortfalls.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Edit: Never mind.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 08-11-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Redundancy.