Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Foo Fighters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really used to like the foos, but their latest records seem a little bland to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I really like the album but the production is shit. Sounds so quiet and compressed. Only way I can describe it.
    Yup, the drums have surprisingly no punch, there's no air but artificial, cymbals sound congested and guitars don't pop out. Songs seem quite good (I'm on my first listen) so it's really a shame.
    (RANT ON) I WISH albums would be mixed with the EBUR128 or ITU1770 standard (with a higher ref level than cinema of course) as to preserve the dynamics. People don't need overcompressed shit, it only makes them lower the listening level and produces distorsion ffs. (/RANT OFF)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'll admit, I really dig the new album. I'd echo sentiments about the compression, but aside from that I actually enjoyed Concrete and Gold much more than I enjoyed the majority of Sonic Highways. After I get back from vacation I'll probably buckle down and get a GA ticket to their Wichita show, too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    boring, vanilla, rock by numbers...i like grohl, but this band is awful

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    boring, vanilla, rock by numbers...i like grohl, but this band is awful
    Foo Fighters fuckin' slay, you're a moron.

Elsewhere, Dave dressed up as David Letterman and guest-hosted Kimmel!

Last edited by october_midnight; 11-01-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Foo Fighters are anything but bland, vanilla, and rock by numbers. I think that person is confusing them w/ Nickelturd or 3 Dull Dudes or.... Crud.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Their first four albums are flawless in my opinion, One by One might even be my favourite FF record. Everything else is pretty good, there's always a bunch of standout tracks, but as full album listens they fall kinda short. They should definitely give Rami Jaffee more of the spotlight, I really like what he brings to the band's sound.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i enjoyed the performance of "dwight fry" with alice cooper the other night. such a great song!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I've seen the foos live 7 times (wow, I had to count that one. I didn't realize I've seen them that many times), but they always put on a fantastic show.

I was visiting my friend in Edmonton in 2003 and we were going to hit up the foo fighters show there for the One by One tour. We were just hanging around downtown the day of the show killing time, walking around and we joked about what your average foo fighters fans looked like. We were like "They're just regular guys in orange t-shirts and jeans, they can be anyone." then in the distance we saw a group of 5 or 6 guys walking towards us and we one of them had an orange t-shirt on and we said "See, here's a group of Foo fans coming our way now" to our surprise, it actually WAS the foos....

We stopped Dave and he was nice enough to take photos with us and sign my one by one album cover. That's probably my best random celebrity sighting story I have. That was an awesome day.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I have only seen them once (I've had tickets for three shows - long story), and they played, no shit, about 30 songs that night. Motorhead was supposed to open for them, but due to weather, were unable to make their flights. So FF just played forever instead.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Damn. I was logged into TM right as these shits went on sale, and wasn't able to get a ticket for either night. So they apparently sold out two nights at MSG in seconds.

Maybe some will still come available. But jeez.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I have only seen them once (I've had tickets for three shows - long story), and they played, no shit, about 30 songs that night. Motorhead was supposed to open for them, but due to weather, were unable to make their flights. So FF just played forever instead.
    Did they play any Motorhead songs that night?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    One member made it... So they played one.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-f...-1bd3cd88.html

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Foo Fighters keep on adding those dates.
    They added a Vancouver date for Sept 8th (almost a whole year away from now!)

Tickets went on sale today, and damn they were not easy to get. I was there right at 10am trying to get a pair of floor tickets, kept refreshing and finally scored a pair 20 minutes in. Getting concert tickets is stressful!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just do what I do. Get a family member a job there and never pay for tickets to the venue ever again! :P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They pull someone on stage to jam at each show, but this one definitely made me smile.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any idea who's going to be opening for FF on the fall dates? I like to see The Struts continue to open for those fall dates, but they only have a september show or two listed on their page.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does anyone have any idea who's going to be opening for FF on the fall dates? I like to see The Struts continue to open for those fall dates, but they only have a september show or two listed on their page.
    I'm still waiting to find out who's supporting the summer US dates.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Good article about 10 things you didn't know about the album "The colour and the shape"
    Which happens to be my fav foo record.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-facts-w483052

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Good article about 10 things you didn't know about the album "The colour and the shape"
    Which happens to be my fav foo record.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-facts-w483052
    Great fuckin' album.

That KISS guy video really put a smile on my face. Here is a longer version where he picks him from the crowd:

And here are the FF with Axl, Slash and Duff:

Dave on Axl Rose giving him a guitar:

Recycling the rock throne, Guns N’ Roses borrowed the chair during the band’s appearance at Coachella, after the frontman broke his foot earlier that year.

“When Axl borrowed it, his management asked how much do you charge for the throne? You can’t charge anybody for the throne, it’s bad karma! So I let him have it,” revealed Dave, who continued to share that Axl gave him a gift to say thank you, which ended up having a massive influence on the Foo Fighters 2017 album Concrete And Gold.

“At the end of the tour, he gave me – as a thank you gift – the most incredible guitar, the best guitar I have ever had in my entire life. It’s a Gibson ES3-35, but it’s a single dot, it’s kind of rare. It’s like a ’63 or a ’65? I use it all over the new record.”

https://tonedeaf.com.au/dave-grohl-a...ighters-album/
    Last edited by GulDukat; 07-02-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    getting ready for Foo show at Safeco Field in Seattle tonight. Krist Novoselic's new band Giants in Trees is opening. Think it is safe to assume that some sort of Nirvana reunion is in the offing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm jealous of those beer glasses they keep posting on social media. I want one of those glasses! Is that pop-up brewery a Seattle only thing or are they doing that at every show? I'll be hitting up the show next weekend in Vancouver. Hope they have those glasses for sale then!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    getting ready for Foo show at Safeco Field in Seattle tonight. Krist Novoselic's new band Giants in Trees is opening. Think it is safe to assume that some sort of Nirvana reunion is in the offing.
    looks like you got molly's lips, how was it?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    looks like you got molly's lips, how was it?
    that was the highlight of the show. other than that, show was kind of mediocre. disappointing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    that was the highlight of the show. other than that, show was kind of mediocre. disappointing.
    Oh no! Not what I wanted to hear. Seeing the show next weekend. It'll be my 8th foo show. Hope it's decent.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Oh no! Not what I wanted to hear. Seeing the show next weekend. It'll be my 8th foo show. Hope it's decent.
    it's the Dave & Taylor show, rest of band seems a bit disengaged. for me, I'm not into 10 minute jams on songs. as a guitar player, Dave is a great drummer. there were a few good moments. i hadn't seen them in more than a decade. i saw them more in real early days. i liked the Joy Formidable a lot more. i would go see them on their own for sure. the less said about Krist's new band the better....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    it's the Dave & Taylor show, rest of band seems a bit disengaged. for me, I'm not into 10 minute jams on songs. as a guitar player, Dave is a great drummer. there were a few good moments. i hadn't seen them in more than a decade. i saw them more in real early days. i liked the Joy Formidable a lot more. i would go see them on their own for sure. the less said about Krist's new band the better....
    Totally see what you mean by it being the "Dave and Taylor" show. Wasn't bad, but it was just kinda mediocre. They just played all the hits and no deep cuts or anything. The only problem I really had with the whole experience was the 5-10 mins jams mid-way into songs. They'd be playing a song and then they would go off on a 5 to 10 min tangent with solos and then come back to the song after. You almost forgot what song they originally started with. He's been doing the same routine/lines for years now... "how many of you are seeing us for the first time?" *cheers* "good, cuz we don't suck now. If ya saw us before you'd be disappointed" I've heard that bit at least at 3 shows now. Says the same stuff every time. Least they finally cut "wheels" from the setlist, that song blows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I hadn’t seen this posted. You can also watch each instrument by itself. All instruments done in one take.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So I'm a little baffled no one is talking about what happened during Foo Fighters encore at Cal Jam 2018.

I posted the awesome news here...
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...369#post432369

P.S. I think Nirvana fans will be happy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Would be thrilled to see things like this happen more often.