234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    img][/img]
    where do i get tickets?!?1/1?r3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    where do i get tickets?!?1/1?r3
    Line up at the venue at 3pm on Friday, the day of the show, it looks like. Good luck -- hope you're able to get in!

NEW YORK CITY!
    Friday, Dec,. 5th Irving Plaza
    $20
    Tickets on sale Friday, Dec. 5th at the Irving Plaza Box Office ONLY.
    Limit (2) per person.
    No line ups before 3pm on Dec. 5th
    Tickets go on sale at 5pm

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl to be on The Daily Show tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like "I am a River" much better after seeing this weeks show....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    I like "I am a River" much better after seeing this weeks show....
    I thought the same thing! It kinda seemed boring and generic....now I get it. Still don't love it, but I bet it grows on me.
    I will miss this show. But Dave hinted on the Daily Show that there "may" be a second season.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    But Dave hinted on the Daily Show that there "may" be a second season.
    In his interview in this month's Rolling Stone (the one with Dave on the cover), I think he says something along the lines of "I already know what we're going to do for our next album, and that's (X) years away. Nobody has done anything like it." I'll try to dig up the exact quote later.

So if there were a season 2, the logical next step I guess would be to do an international version of the concept (8 countries?); on the other hand, he's already mentioned in the past that A) it'd be too expensive and nearly impossible to do logistically, B) they're an American band, so it made more sense to stick to the US.

Either way, should be fun to see what they have up their sleeves next.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    He could easily do Detroit and Omaha on a second season. As much as I'd love to see a KC episode about our rich jazz history I just don't see that being a thing because we don't really have any famous musicians from here other than Janelle Monae and fucking Puddle of Mudd. Not to mention we don't have a classic studio here. But our jazz history is so great.

But yeah there here are definitely other cities he could do and I would watch the hell out of a second season.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Apparently this is the trending news of the evening... not sure if this goes here or we create a new thread for this... but Dave Grohl is now is a new supergroup with Cory Taylor and other musicians including: Lamb of God's Randy Blythe, former Queens of the Stone Age bassist Nick Oliveri, Clutch's Neil Fallon, former Dead Kennedys singer Jello Biafra, Fear's Lee Ving, Off!'s Keith Morris and Prong's Tommy Victor. It will also feature current and former members of Misfits, Red Fang, Sunn O))), Bl'ast, Brujeria, My Ruin and Sacred Reich, among others.

The project is called Teenage Time Killer, and to be honest, I think it sounds pretty cool.

Record is "supposedly" going to be released in January and was recorded at Grohl's 606 studios. No word on whether this band will play any live shows together.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...aylor-20141222

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I am 110% on board with this project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Apparently this is the trending news of the evening... not sure if this goes here or we create a new thread for this... but Dave Grohl is now is a new supergroup with Cory Taylor and other musicians including: Lamb of God's Randy Blythe, former Queens of the Stone Age bassist Nick Oliveri, Clutch's Neil Fallon, former Dead Kennedys singer Jello Biafra, Fear's Lee Ving, Off!'s Keith Morris and Prong's Tommy Victor. It will also feature current and former members of Misfits, Red Fang, Sunn O))), Bl'ast, Brujeria, My Ruin and Sacred Reich, among others.

The project is called Teenage Time Killer, and to be honest, I think it sounds pretty cool.

Record is "supposedly" going to be released in January and was recorded at Grohl's 606 studios. No word on whether this band will play any live shows together.

Unfortunately, it will be released on Rise Records, so it will probably be full of open string breakdowns, dubstep interludes and autotuned choruses. Its the only way you get on Rise Records.

Just kidding, it will be awesome with those people involved. Just don't let anyone else signed to that label anywhere near it (Except maybe The Acacia Strain, maybe).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The clip in the studio on youtube of some recording sounded like utter shit... but I still cannot wait to hear what this will sound like. Hopefully it doesn't follow the trend of many other supergroups that have failed miserably in the past.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last week I was lucky enough to get GAs to Grohl's birthday show on Saturday. We ended up getting rail; it was quite the spectacle!

Put together a couple of shots I took:
    http://imgur.com/a/3PrOC

Highlights include Nick Oliveri, Jack Black & Kyle Gass, Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth, and Lemmy from Motorhead leading an ensemble of Foo, Slash, and Zakk Wylde.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sounds awesome! A DVD of the show would be sweet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Sounds awesome! A DVD of the show would be sweet.
    It seems like everyone and their cousin had their phones out for most of the show instead of really soaking it in (I'm admittedly a bit guilty of the same, though I usually try to keep it to just a few quick snaps ), so I'm guessing the whole thing is documented from many many angles.

Would be a fun one to do a multi-cam compilation for sometime, as long as there's decent audio somewhere and nobody else is already on top of it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Last week I was lucky enough to get GAs to Grohl's birthday show on Saturday. We ended up getting rail; it was quite the spectacle!

Put together a couple of shots I took:
    http://imgur.com/a/3PrOC

Highlights include Nick Oliveri, Jack Black & Kyle Gass, Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth, and Lemmy from Motorhead leading an ensemble of Foo, Slash, and Zakk Wylde.
    NOW the setlist makes sense! I looked at the setlist Sunday morning and was perplexed by it being 50% cover songs. I was confused... did FF just become a cover band?
    But now it makes sense with all the guests there and that it was his "birthday" show.

Woulda been a fun one to catch!

By the way, amazing avatar!! P-Wing all the way. The NIN logo makes it more badass, lol.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I got a ticket for the second show added in NYC, too... Because fuck it.

Will anyone else be at these this summer?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Now this is awesome!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Foo Fighters will be the last musical guest on Letterman.

This makes me smile.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Apart from the record label signing listed here, has there been any more about this? I'd really like another Probot album, but this doesn't sound like it'll be Grohl on drums.

Edit: I just read the article (oops). I was under the impression Grohl was a member of the group, not that he was a guest.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw them on David Letterman. "Everlong" is an appropriate number to a great montage of guests and antics that was on the show. We will miss you Dave.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I just saw them on David Letterman. "Everlong" is an appropriate number to a great montage of guests and antics that was on the show. We will miss you Dave.
    It was a no brainer. Lettermen has already said its one of his favorite songs so no surprise at all with it.

The show itself felt like any other Late Show episode. Not the last one. Oh well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You could be a bitch like pudgy washup Marilyn Manson and cut your show short after hurting your leg.... or you could be Dave Grohl, break your leg while performing, and say 'Fuck it. We're finishing the show.'

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    You could be a bitch like pudgy washup Marilyn Manson and cut your show short after hurting your leg.... or you could be Dave Grohl, break your leg while performing, and say 'Fuck it. We're finishing the show.'
    Dave Grohl understands the duty of being a musician/artist. People pay to see a show. You better give them their damn monies worth.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    that is pretty intense, now let's see if shows get cancelled... this is pretty bad news for them despite Dave have big balls and doing this one show

http://40.media.tumblr.com/57c2b1721...aps1o1_500.jpg

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh that looks like an ugly break...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    that is pretty intense, now let's see if shows get cancelled... this is pretty bad news for them despite Dave have big balls and doing this one show

http://40.media.tumblr.com/57c2b1721...aps1o1_500.jpg
    I doubt they'll cancel.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    he'll play glasto and it will be this big news story with pictures of him in a cast onstage

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I wonder what's with the sudden trend of musicians falling off the stage recently? First The Edge from U2, then Marilyn Manson earlier in the week and now Dave Grohl. Hmmm