Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2013.10.14 - Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone. I got two additional seats in section 120 for face value. Please send PM if interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recently destroyed the lateral meniscus in my right knee and am looking to trade my two GA tickets for some sweet seated action. PM me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    yeah! going to this one, too. just couldn't resist after seeing those 5 seconds of rehearsal footage and realizing i'm going to be staying like 10 minutes from the venue that night.

for those familiar with the area: if i have time, i'm thinking of saving a couple dollars and walking the ~30 minutes from 14th street + 4th ave and getting something to eat on the way. should i walk up on 5th? is there anything worth checking out on the way? (interesting stores, cool buildings, etc.) and do you think it'd be a good idea (i.e., safe) to walk back after the concert?

i'm not familiar with the area, but i can answer questions about manhattan (or jersey city, but i wouldn't expect that) if anyone is doing any site seeing.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Anyone know of a GA ticket for sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I have an extra pit ticket (friend bailed on me) for the Brooklyn show. It's what I paid, $110, just hoping to get my money back.
    Thanks!
    Sue

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Anyone know of a GA ticket for sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by suebean View Post
    Hi all, I have an extra pit ticket (friend bailed on me) for the Brooklyn show. It's what I paid, $110, just hoping to get my money back.
    Thanks!
    Sue
    i'm hoping you two communicated. (just quoting in the off chance you didn't see each other's posts.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    for those familiar with the area: if i have time, i'm thinking of saving a couple dollars and walking the ~30 minutes from 14th street + 4th ave and getting something to eat on the way. should i walk up on 5th? is there anything worth checking out on the way? (interesting stores, cool buildings, etc.) and do you think it'd be a good idea (i.e., safe) to walk back after the concert?
    Yeah, it's totally safe to walk up 5th and back afterward. There are tons of restaurants and bars on your way to the venue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm also looking for someone with a GA ticket (or maybe a decent seat) for sale. Let me know!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Getting psyched for this show! Never been to Barclays, but this will be NIN show number 4 for me. So any news on people hanging out before or after the show? I'm not familiar with Brooklyn at all, so not sure what options are there.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I hate that nervous feeling I get before going to a concert despite being psyched. (From being late to having a hard time finding my seat.) However, at least it's been cheering me up knowing that I'd actually get to see NIN. I wish I could've brought my best friend who's also a NIN fan though, but it just wasn't meant to be right now.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF 12 FUCKING DAYS NOW. & (Yeah, my emotions are hyper/crazy like that.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    anyone else waiting to pull the trigger for stubhub tix at the last second? i'm hoping to get $40-50 decent seats when all is said and done

edit: also in general response to all people wondering about the Barclays - ive been here numerous times and it's a really great venue overall. awesome food inside and great sight lines.

THERE IS STREET PARKING!!! i know this is shocking to most people but be patient and willing to deal with some dicey traffic and you can end up 2 blocks away with a free on street parking spot.

if you want public transportation there's subway stops all over the place along the 2 Southbound line. you can catch the 2 from Grand Central or Penn Station.

there's great bars and restaurants everywhere. walk in any direction and you'll hit them. safe neighborhood (all of NYC is safe if you know how to act though)

go explore, have fun. google and hopstop are your friends.
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 10-03-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My brother and I are going to be hanging out at Pacific Standard, 82 4th avenue, down the street from Barclays, before the show. Cool place, microbrewery with a ton of great local choices on tap, plus excellent whiskey. Definitely the type of place people from ETS would enjoy. Check out the website here or just google image search to check out the interior. Who am I, you ask? Nobody. Just yell out KING DEATH MACHINE and I will appear like magic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDeathMachine View Post
    Just yell out KING DEATH MACHINE and I will appear like magic.
    so, you're the FBI?

while i'm making a dumb joke, if anyone knows of anything interesting going on after the concert or a good late night food place (not dunkin donuts) nearby, please post.
    Last edited by m15a; 10-05-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am J. Edgar Hoover without the boyfriend and the dress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, I'm still in need of a single GA floor ticket if anyone has one. I'm coming from Denver!

Thanks... Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My brother just bailed on me so I have an extra GA ticket.. Got it in the presale so we have early entry if you want. (But I don't mind going later).
    Will call so we'll have to go in together.
    Last edited by phooky; 10-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phooky View Post
    My brother just bailed on me so I have an extra GA ticket.. Got it in the presale so we have early entry if you want. (But I don't mind going later).
    Will call so we'll have to go in together.
    Just PM'd you, but please reach out if this is still available. I'm going to the show with the group of friends I always see NIN with, but we just got one of our other friends really into him and we want to take him to his first show.

We'll also keep you company if you're going solo!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So psyched- just got my pre-sale info! 6 days left! Does anybody know how early people are showing up for this? Don't wanna get there too late and defeat the whole purpose of getting the early entry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got the presale email too- anyone know what the hell is the difference between the 5:00 and 6:15 entries?

· TICKET CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 5:00PM

· NIN.COM MEMBER PRESALE EARLY DOORS OPEN AT 6:15PM

· DOORS TO THE PUBLIC OPEN AT 6:30PM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got the presale email too- anyone know what the hell is the difference between the 5:00 and 6:15 entries?
    i doubt they'd let people in 90 minutes early, so maybe they're going to start giving out NIN.com tickets at 5 and then they'll hold people in another line until 6:15?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There is no 5:00 entry. That's just when they'll start checking people's tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    i doubt they'd let people in 90 minutes early, so maybe they're going to start giving out NIN.com tickets at 5 and then they'll hold people in another line until 6:15?
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    There is no 5:00 entry. That's just when they'll start checking people's tickets.
    So we need to queue in one line to get the tickets, then go queue on another line to get in? Seems like an unnecessary inconvenience.
    Also means that my brother can't get on line at 4pm and I join him at 5:30 after work.. since it says that both ticketholders need to be there for check-in. Damn, that sucks, but I guess that may have been the point

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So we need to queue in one line to get the tickets, then go queue on another line to get in? Seems like an unnecessary inconvenience.
    Also means that my brother can't get on line at 4pm and I join him at 5:30 after work.. since it says that both ticketholders need to be there for check-in. Damn, that sucks, but I guess that may have been the point
    You don't have to be there at 5. That's just when they'll start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    You don't have to be there at 5. That's just when they'll start.
    If check-in is at 5, they specified in the email that you must show ID at check in, and I'm the ticket holder, sounds like I do need to be there :/

Please make sure your guest is with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up the ticket without you and will need to enter with you. Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”
    ·You cannot check-in unless your entire party is with you and you cannot hand/assign your tickets to someone else.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Again, that's just when they start checking people in, you're not required to be there then. You could show up at 7pm if you felt like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A funny thing happened, I had two tickets, sold one, now my friend wants to go, anyone selling a GA ticket? Thanks!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I have 1 extra ticket. Section 19, Row 11. $90. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    so, its looking like I will be able to go... should I stubhub the ticket now or wait and see if prices go down?

one thing I've noticed is that all of the GA tix on stubhub right now are UPS delivery, which means I would have to do it soonish to get the tix on time -- or does anyone think there will be download tix available day of?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I would play it safe and get it now. That's just me, so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    FYI those UPS tickets should be dropping lower and lower in price because whoever is selling them only has x amount of time left to ship em out. The instant download tickets (especially the good seats) will drop little by little in price, but you'll see the sellers hold out as long as possible (usually up to the day of the show even).

Nothing you didn't already know, but i had to kill a few minutes before class so let's not say anything. heh.