Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013.10.01 - St. Louis, MO @ Chaifetz Arena

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Yeah, what about her?
    She had so much energy! I was waiting for her to pass out. Probably the most energetic person there tonight.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This was probably the most humane NIN show I've ever been a part of. I only say that because I was able to stick on the rail for about 90% of the show.

So glad I got tickets to two other shows. This is something that needs to be seen more than once.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Satellite I gotta admit was pretty decent live. Much better than Disappointed, Running, or VMOE, imo. I'm thinking many of the same tracks are gonna be locked in for this tour with a small amount of rotation, with more variety on a second leg perhaps?

I'm never gonna get that goddamn tambourine. Sigh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    And here we have it, a saxamaphone at a NIN show:

https://vine.co/v/hgMF71JvPum

The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Trent were playing it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    By the way, I hope I'm not alone in thinking that Explosions in the Sky were simply fantastic. Great opener. Beautiful instrumentals.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    By the way, I hope I'm not alone in thinking that Explosions in the Sky were simply fantastic. Great opener. Beautiful instrumentals.
    I always loved that band and I thought they were incredible tonight. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea...but they were fantastic.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Amusing story: Making small talk with the couple in front of me when I kinda mentioned to myself that this girl sitting to my right had sweet nin tats on her leg. Lady I was talking to proceeds to whip out her camera and take a pic of her leg, zero fucks given. Poor girl looked over very confused, all I could do was shrug.

Decent crowd minus the two rail monsters in front of us who were freaking out about anyone putting their hand on the bar near them, and the creepos behind trying to act scary behind us in some sad effort to steal our spots, who were also trying to tell this 14 she should be in the back instead. I think her giant of a father shut that down. Talked to a lady about astrological signs and everyone was exchanging dog pics. Good peoples.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaNiN View Post
    Setlist anyone? was it the same as the St. Paul show?
    "Copy Of A"
    "1,000,000"
    "Terrible Lie"
    "March Of The Pigs"
    "Piggy"
    "All Time Low"
    "Disappointed"
    "Came Back Haunted"
    "Find My Way"
    "Satellite"
    "Survivalism"
    "Running"
    "A Warm Place"
    "Somewhat Damaged"
    "Wish"
    "Burn"
    "The Hand That Feeds"
    "Head Like A Hole"
    "The Frail"
    "The Wretched"
    "Echoplex"
    "In This Twilight"
    "While I'm Still Here"
    "Black Noise"
    "Hurt"

Almost similar to St. Paul except for the random and confusing inclusion of Echoplex.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Allright, now it makes sense what I could barely discern during the sndchk (satellite & echoplex). What more needs to be said at 5am? Great peeps in the queue, more HM tracks in the set, TR politely asking for a pick to play "terrible lie" - fun times!

http://twitter.com/slobass/status/38...302464/photo/1
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 10-02-2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Trying to paste a @#%$! Twit pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I thought that Echoplex was a welcome surprise.

I would have really loved to have heard Into the Void like they had in KC though.

Great show overall.

The inclusion of the backup vocalists for The Wretched was an amazing addition. They really gave the song some texture and bite that would otherwise be missing.
    Last edited by AlanMorlock; 10-02-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The lead up and arrangement of somewhat damaged was pretty nuts last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L4YER_CAK3 View Post
    My view. 15 more minutes!
    My gf and I are in this picture, cool.

I was baffled by the amount of sitters. My section was pretty good, but there were people in front of me sitting in the first row. Really? I don't get it. I guess it worked out for me though because I was rocking out and I had a great view.

Loved the setlist with all of the new tracks, loved the backup singers, loved the light display. Such a great concert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People on the 2nd tier mostly sat. My girlfriend and I stood up which led everyone for several rows directly behind us to stand up. It was kind of ridiculous though. I can see sitting during an opener, but I can't sit during the main band. I need to move a little.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digshake View Post
    My gf and I are in this picture, cool.

I was baffled by the amount of sitters. My section was pretty good, but there were people in front of me sitting in the first row. Really? I don't get it. I guess it worked out for me though because I was rocking out and I had a great view.

Loved the setlist with all of the new tracks, loved the backup singers, loved the light display. Such a great concert.
    Shit didn't start getting heavy on the rail until they played wish, from then on out it was a crowd surfer every 20-30 seconds and when HLAH hit it was pretty cramped up there...at least near the center.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If you were at the St. Louis show last night, send the Underneath It All podcast a video/audio review of the show to our email ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

You can also visit the site Underneath It All and contact us through that. It seems like a bunch of opinionated fans watched the show last night, so share your thoughts with us and you could hear yourself on the next podcast.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently my highlight of the show:

http://instagram.com/p/e8-QGysANh/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My father in an electrician at Saint Louis University, where Chaifetz Arena, where last night's NIN show was held, is located. He went down to the arena today to see if he could score me one of the NIN banners that were hanging on the building until yesterday. People had already swooped in on those but he did look around to find these discarded drumsticks in a back stage suite. Success!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    My father in an electrician at Saint Louis University, where Chaifetz Arena, where last night's NIN show was held, is located. He went down to the arena today to see if he could score me one of the NIN banners that were hanging on the building until yesterday. People had already swooped in on those but he did look around to find these discarded drumsticks in a back stage suite. Success!

I'd totally trade you a guitar pick thrown to me from trent and $20 for one of those sticks.
    100% serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The point has a few pics from last night.

http://www.1057thepoint.com/PhotoPag...AlbumID=143228

This pic is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shit, what was the song toward the beginning where Trent started singing and then said "I need a fucking pick" into the mic? Had me and the wife laughing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone else hear him when he dropped the pick during terrible lie?

"I'm all alone in this world you must despise,
    I believed yo- god damnit I need a pick."

Edit: just saw your post, l4yer cak3, I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught it. Hahaha
    Last edited by Hodgie; 10-02-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone else hear Trent singing "Closer to god" towards the end of All Time Low?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My boyfriend and I were in 114 and as everyone was leaving we stayed waiting until it was clear. He had a guy come up from behind (bf was right next to exit row) and yell "hey, hey, hey" to get his attention. Looked back and the guy handed him the drumstick in the pic and said "this is from the band" and then ninja ran away so fast we didn't even get a look at him.

It doesn't look like the standard 1A that he uses... anyone know what the story behind this might be? We are stoked about it... was an amazing show!

Last edited by lushdaisy; 10-02-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    how was security regarding cameras?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

Edit: just saw your post, l4yer cak3, I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught it. Hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by L4YER_CAK3 View Post
    Shit, what was the song toward the beginning where Trent started singing and then said "I need a fucking pick" into the mic? Had me and the wife laughing.
    Of the five shows I've been to now, Trent has screwed up twice, both times during "Terrible Lie." Though I think my favorite was in 2009 at Charter One in Chicago when he screwed up the second verse then later on acknowledged it near the end of the show by saying, "By the way, for those of you who thought I might have fucked the words up in 'Terrible Lie,' that's the way it is now. That's the way it's supposed to be."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Of the five shows I've been to now, Trent has screwed up twice, both times during "Terrible Lie." Though I think my favorite was in 2009 at Charter One in Chicago when he screwed up the second verse then later on acknowledged it near the end of the show by saying, "By the way, for those of you who thought I might have fucked the words up in 'Terrible Lie,' that's the way it is now. That's the way it's supposed to be."
    I remember that! Hilarious. Expert recovery.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ8828 View Post
    how was security regarding cameras?
    Insanely strict at the rail. If your phone was up for more that 15 seconds they were on you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was pretty surprised by how many people were sitting, but I was guilty too. I was in the front row of 114 and decided to only stand if the people around/behind me did. They didn't which after 3 hours of driving and hitting up too many local breweries was fine by me.

I saw my first NIN show over 18 years ago, and am proud to say Trent still brings it. I'm still in shock that he talked Pino into going on tour. I wasn't sure what to think when the women came out, but they worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. Talk about a good time! Still kinda hung over, but it was well worth it!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

need video now.