Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.10.01 - St. Louis, MO @ Chaifetz Arena

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ill be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those traveling and looking for a cheap hotel this doesn't seem like to bad of a deal at $69 a night. It's 2.4 miles from the venue which isn't to bad. Could ride the metro link and make a short walk looking at Google Maps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Section 103 row K! So fucking excited!

Coming down from Chicago, if anyone finds any awesome hotel deals for one night, let me know.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L4YER_CAK3 View Post
    Section 103 row K! So fucking excited!

Coming down from Chicago, if anyone finds any awesome hotel deals for one night, let me know.
    Look up one post.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So what's the earliest people are planning on getting there? It'd be cool to chat it up with everyone!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    So what's the earliest people are planning on getting there? It'd be cool to chat it up with everyone!
    Well i'll be going to the Kansas City show too, but I plan on leaving directly after the KC show at around 11pm and driving straight home and going to bed at 3:30 - 4:00am, sleeping for 4 or 5 hours then heading up to venue at 9-10am to get in line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any one know if ticket sales are going ok for this show?

EDIT: Answered my own question. The chaifetz website shows a interactive seating chart now.
    Last edited by Santos L Halper; 07-03-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It looks like it's selling good! Based on the seating map and what's available it looks like this..

Not too shabby with three months before the show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a SLU student I have to say it is absolutely insane that NIN will be playing on campus!

I've seen the Black Keys and Muse at Chaifetz. Its a smaller venue but I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. Even nosebleed has a good view and in my experience the acoustics are pretty great. Even with the smaller size the stage set up is able to accommodate anything they're likely to throw at it. Muse's set up with moving screens and the like was insane.

This show should be great.

My father is an electrician at SLU and has worked at Chaifetz at various times. He's gotten a hold of some of the banners from the side of the stadium (usually just to hack up and use as camping tarps.) I am going to see if he could pull off getting that giant NIN banner that is there now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also why have tickets been jacked up? Now when you go to the Chaifetz site and try to buy them it redirects you to Ticketmaster with 20 dollar higher ticket prices.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    As a SLU student I have to say it is absolutely insane that NIN will be playing on campus!

I've seen the Black Keys and Muse at Chaifetz. Its a smaller venue but I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. Even nosebleed has a good view and in my experience the acoustics are pretty great. Even with the smaller size the stage set up is able to accommodate anything they're likely to throw at it. Muse's set up with moving screens and the like was insane.

This show should be great.

My father is an electrician at SLU and has worked at Chaifetz at various times. He's gotten a hold of some of the banners from the side of the stadium (usually just to hack up and use as camping tarps.) I am going to see if he could pull off getting that giant NIN banner that is there now.
    Mind snapping a pic of the giant NIN banner for us?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's that big ass banner that's on the side of Chaifetz facing the highway. I love seeing this every day.

The color doesn't really come through in this photo but the background of the sign is a dark brown texture, like a darker version of The Downward Spiral sleeve notes cover.
    Last edited by AlanMorlock; 07-18-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sidenote: A bar/restaurant/concert hall up the street from the stadium called Plush is bandying about the idea of throwing pre and post show parties the night of the concert. I'll keep you guys posted.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    Here's that big ass banner that's on the side of Chaifetz facing the highway. I love seeing this every day.

The color doesn't really come through in this photo but the background of the sign is a dark brown texture, like a darker version of The Downward Spiral sleeve notes cover.
    Oh wow, this is incredible looking! I was just at Triumph Grill which isn't too far away from Chaifetz and I even thought about driving around the stadium yesterday just for the hell of it to kind of look at it again and I would've loved to have seen that. I'll have to take a picture of that for myself next time I'm around that area.

I have never been to Plush yet but I've always wanted to go....great bands like Guided By Voices, Real Estate and Washed Out have played there but I've always been busy when they've been in town. I'll have to check that post party out for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Plush has great, but kind of weird food.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I was on highway 64 and I saw the poster from the highway! It looked great!

I can't believe we're less than 2 months away from this....I cannot wait.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I was on highway 64 and I saw the poster from the highway! It looked great!

I can't believe we're less than 2 months away from this....I cannot wait.
    I can't wait to get weird with a bunch of strangers again. I'll be going solo

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I can't wait to get weird with a bunch of strangers again. I'll be going solo
    I'll see ya there man! We'll be getting there early as well...like around 9-10ish.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'll see ya there man! We'll be getting there early as well...like around 9-10ish.
    I'm looking at around 7-8am :/
    not looking forward to it haha

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This will be my first of three shows I'll be going to solo for the Tension Tour. Already caught them at Lolla. Can't wait to see what Trent has planned for this tour.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Goddamn it... I can't make up my mind. You see, I'm leaving Nebraska for NYC. My plan has been to pack up my shit, hit up the show in KC, and then head down to the St. Louis show before heading east. I keep going back and forth. Seeing them two nights in a row would be magical.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Goddamn it... I can't make up my mind. You see, I'm leaving Nebraska for NYC. My plan has been to pack up my shit, hit up the show in KC, and then head down to the St. Louis show before heading east. I keep going back and forth. Seeing them two nights in a row would be magical.
    Sarah, I have a Floor GA ticket that I will sell you at face value. I'm no longer going to this one, will make it to the Toronto show instead. PM me if you want the ticket.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Every time I think about this show my doodle wiggles a bit.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Sarah, I have a Floor GA ticket that I will sell you at face value. I'm no longer going to this one, will make it to the Toronto show instead. PM me if you want the ticket.
    SENT!

Oh god... Please say you still have this.

I still have a KC early entry ticket to get rid of.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I guess if not, it isn't a huge deal. I thought this was the one that was sold out of floor tickets. But that's the Brooklyn show I'm trying to go to.

Let me know, though!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Every time I think about this show my doodle wiggles a bit.
    Agreed!

You're lucky that you're going to the KC show too! I would have if I had more vacation time from work I would've totally been at that one as well. Maybe next year the US will get another batch of tour dates as well? I'll totally hit another close one for sure if there's Tension 2014 in the States.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ok guys, there's only 3 weeks left, let's get organize, anyone who's going for the first 3 (St. Paul, Kansas City & St. Louis)? i am.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

These little beauties were sprawled all over Verizon Wireless today.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

These little beauties were sprawled all over Verizon Wireless today.

Did Verizon buy the naming rights to the venue or something?...