Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what's all involved in artists and promoters deciding to cancel certain dates of a tour but this show is scaring me. Floor still hasn't sold out and good seats are still available. I realize there is still a lot of time but I wouldn't be surprised to see half price tickets on Groupon as the show gets closer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I'm not sure what's all involved in artists and promoters deciding to cancel certain dates of a tour but this show is scaring me. Floor still hasn't sold out and good seats are still available. I realize there is still a lot of time but I wouldn't be surprised to see half price tickets on Groupon as the show gets closer.

Grr dont even say that!! (had same thought in the back of my mind).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They never canceled the Wilkes Barre show on the WT tour (that thing was *empty*). I get the feeling TR just doesn't cancel shows.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Re: 2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I get the feeling TR just doesn't cancel shows.
    Except for the obligatory 2 or 3 tour dates on each tour leg when he gets sick ;-)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow, I'm of the exact opposite opinion - I think DTE is a horrible venue. Parking is a mess, the pavilion feels cramped, it's always a game of chance and luck trying to score face value tickets that are even close to being acceptable, sound is usually bad, etc.. Even the Spiral club in 2006 couldn't lock down great seats for members due to all the season pass holders.

And I don't think the Palace show would ever be canceled. Toledo 2008 was in an already small venue that wasn't even sold out. The band arrived to the venue to discover that the venue was so small, not all of the production could even fit so they had to give a compromised show. They had every reason to cancel that one and still didn't.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

I got pretty good seats through the Spiral. No, not the first two rows but I didn't care.

I was at several NIN arena shows during the WT and LITS tours that were nowhere near sold out, particularly during the BFI leg; didn't matter, the venue choice was likely because of the light and sound setup, not potential ticket sales.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pine Knob has terrible sound. If you think that place has great sound, its cause you havent been to a place that has good sound. Not saying the Palace has great sound either. Go to a concert at Saint Andrews, that place has great sound, then go see a show at pine knob, youll see the difference.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Honest question- does Groupon do that kind of thing for an arena show? Can't say I've ever seen something like that on Groupon...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    Pine Knob has terrible sound. If you think that place has great sound, its cause you havent been to a place that has good sound. Not saying the Palace has great sound either. Go to a concert at Saint Andrews, that place has great sound, then go see a show at pine knob, youll see the difference.
    Dude, I've had season tickets for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at Symphony Center for the last 12 years. I've lived within walking distance of the (outdoor) summer home of the CSO, Ravinia Festival, for the last 15 years, and I regularly attend symphony and pop shows there.

I worked the door at a punk rock bar in Hamtramck every weekend for a year in 1982.

I know the difference between bad sound and good sound.

DTE has good sound relative to outdoor venues and compared to arenas like the Palace and the Joe and Cobo (and the United Center and Allstate Arena).

Compared to the huge outdoor venue here in Tinley Park in the Chicago area (formerly known as The World, Tweeter Center, and now First Midwest Bank Ampitheater), Pine Knob / DTE is fucking Carnegie Hall because this place is a huge cavernous cement hell hole, like seeing a concert in the parking lot of Oakland Mall.

It also depends on the TYPE of show you're seeing at DTE. When I saw the Stooges reunion at DTE (first show was canceled due to the east coast blackout), no, that wasn't "good sound" but it was the fucking Stooges, who the fuck cares?

Sting brought his own PA equipment to DTE and that was very good sound (relative to an outdoor venue with zero acoustics). When I saw Neil Young at DTE doing a bunch of acoustic stuff, Neil brought his own PA and it was great sound even on the lawn. Sure, Meadow Brook is a technically better outdoor venue but THIS IS NIN, HERE. We're comparing it to other venues appropriate for NIN. Obviously, that ain't gonna be fucking St. Andrews. Or Meadow Brook. Or Symphony Center in Chicago (acoustically perfect). You want shit outdoor sound? Come to Chicago and see NIN at Lollapalooza, where the sound is bouncing off of skyscrapers.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-13-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just 45 days!!!, I guess the setlist will be amazing, for what IŽve seen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how to get to Auburn Hills from Detroit center? I'm sorry i'm from México City

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Honest question- does Groupon do that kind of thing for an arena show? Can't say I've ever seen something like that on Groupon...
    Smashing Pumpkins tickets for this venue last year were going there for like $20 (both GA and reserved sections) - but yeah I don't think I've seen that for any other band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrolok1 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get to Auburn Hills from Detroit center? I'm sorry i'm from México City

Take I75 north and get off at the lapeer road exit. The Palace is right next to the exit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    Take I75 north and get off at the lapeer road exit. The Palace is right next to the exit.
    Thanks, see you there!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone have any experience with the Palace with getting there earlier in the day to line up for a show? More specifically, do they have the parking lot open so you can park and line up by say 2pm?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any meet up, or drinks after the show?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn, i guess i have to arrive at 2 pm!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any meet up before the show or after?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As for parking in lot at 2pm, not going to happen. As for meet up before the show, checking with friend Im going with to see if he wants to do that (chances are yes).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a friend who had their +1 back out on them for this show. It's a nin.com presale floor ticket and he's wanting to be there by the time doors open. He's recently unemployed so he'd REALLY like to get $100 for the ticket (he paid $115) but I'm sure will be open to offers so he doesn't end up eating the whole cost. If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested, let me know and I can pass on his contact info to set up meeting time at the venue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone here received the email from NINŽs.com presale?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Below are the ticket check-in instructions for the Auburn Hills Nine Inch Nails show at The Palace at Auburn Hills on Monday, October 7, 2013.

THE PALACE AT AUBURN HILLS ADDRESS:
    6 Championship Drive
    Auburn Hills, MI 48326
    (248) 377-0100

· TICKET CHECK-IN / EARLY ENTRY LOCATION: WEST ENTRANCE – IMMEDIATE ENTRY REQUIRED UPON CHECK-IN.
    The West Entrance is a big glass entrance with the word “WEST” on the outside.

There will be signage and staff, including a nin.com representative, on site to direct you. Attached is a map for reference.

· TICKET CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 5:00PM

· NIN.COM MEMBER PRESALE EARLY DOORS OPEN AT 6:15PM

· DOORS TO THE PUBLIC OPEN AT 6:30PM

We strongly urge you to arrive early to avoid a long wait and missing any of the show. To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME printed on your tickets. Please make sure your guest is with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up the ticket without you and will need to enter with you. Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. THERE WILL BE NO WILL CALL NAME CHANGES OR TICKET TRANSFERS ALLOWED.

As a reminder, please heed the nin.com ticketing terms:

· Immediate entry required upon checking-in.
    · You cannot check-in unless your entire party is with you and you cannot hand/assign your tickets to someone else.
    · Your tickets will have your name printed on them and you must show matching valid government-issued photo I.D. at the venue in order to pick up your tickets.
    · Your tickets are non-transferrable and the will call name must match the name on your nin.com account - there will be no will call name changes.
    · Violation of these terms will result in the forfeiture of your tickets without a refund.

A tour merchandise stand will open at 4:30PM, weather permitting, outside the venue for those looking to purchase merchandise with time to place it in their vehicle or elsewhere before entering the show. In addition to regular tour merchandise, there will be a limited number of art posters only available for sale at this location (not inside the venue) with a limit of one art poster per customer.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

The nin.com Pre-Sale Team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    just received it!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anyone's going on from outside Detroit, I mean, far away, i.e. IŽll be going on form Mexico city!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Driving three hours from Indiana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Taking a bus from East Lansing to meet my brother in Ann Arbor, then we're driving to Auburn Hills. Not far away, but still a bit of an excursion.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    PM me if anyone wants to hang out in the dearborn/livonia/novi areas before the show!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I' ll be taking a cab from the renaissance center to Auburn Hills, , i can share taxi, if anyone wants it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

I' ll be taking a cab from the renaissance center to Auburn Hills, , i can share taxi, if anyone wants it.
    Whoa that's gonna be one expensive cab ride!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anyone's going on from outside Detroit, I mean, far away, i.e. IŽll be going on form Mexico city!
    Are you coming all the way here just for the concert? I'm driving 5 hours to the Cleveland show Saturday, but will only be a 40 minute drive from home to this show.