Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Mac Demarco

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mac Demarco

Not sure how well a Mac thread is going to do on this site, but figured fuck it, I'm a fan, I'm sure at least one other member is too.

New album, 'Here Comes The Cowboy', was just announced for May 10.

Got a big tour coming up, and I plan on catching him for the third time this August in Brooklyn

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Loved Mac for years, the guy can’t seem to put a foot wrong. Didn’t realise an album was coming this soon so I’m very happy with this today!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't know a whole lot about him, but I saw he had SNES Earthbound images displayed behind him on stage somewhat recently, so that immediately makes him pretty much the coolest guy ever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Oh he's definitely the coolest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been meaning to listen for a while. A band I like called Pond highly rate him and they often tour together. Whats a good album to jump into?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    I've been meaning to listen for a while. A band I like called Pond highly rate him and they often tour together. Whats a good album to jump into?
    They're all pretty great tbh. I'd say 2 might be the best starting place. Check that out, if you like it just continue in chronological order and then go back to Rock and Roll Night Club. RARNC is a good album but it's very different from everything that came after.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    2 for 2. Can't wait for this album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love this guy.

My roommates and I would listen to him a lot while hanging out and / or partying.

This thread reminded me to see if he's touring. Now I see I'll try to get my friends out for a show in August. Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to be a huge Mac fan, and still am but I'll admit I prefer the older stuff. I kind of fell of with another one and this old dog. Of course I will listen to the new album, but the new stuff doesn't grab me like 2, or salad days. Maybe I've just changed ?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New album is mellow and subdued, but I dig it after first listen. Will have to give it some time, as I think it's got some definite "grower" potential.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Personally, I felt This Old Dog was one of his best albums. I loved the production and the introspective nature of it. I was HYPED as fuck with that first single, but I'm leaner more into the camp that the newest one is a little bit of a less focused version of TOD. I've championed the more mellow side of his songwriting though as his schtick was getting a little tiresome around Salad Days and I can barely finish that record now.

Rock and Roll Nite Club and 2 are dope though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah I love this album