Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.08 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2013.11.08 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

Guessing with the tour gap between San Antonio and L.A. there might be a second night. Guess we will find out. Nevertheless, its better than The Forum!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Much better than The Forum! Looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'll be there. Not sure how I feel about seeing NIN in a large venue after the Wave Goodbye shows. I guess that the production will probably make up for it. And I'm happy to not be returning to the Forum as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm planning on going to this show, I'm from Mexico, I'm also planning on going to Phoenix, since I want to see them at least twice, do you know if is it possible that they open a second date? And if so, how soon does it get opened from the date they start selling the tickets?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm going to try my best to get L.A. tickets, even though I live much closer to San Francisco (rather avoid a festival show, if I can). I've never attended a show at either Staples Center or The Forum. Just curious, what was so bad about The Forum, as most people seem to dislike it as a concert venue?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Great question Ruined. I always thought the Forum was suppose to be this magical Los Angeles landmark full of history. I am looking at it from 4K Km away though...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Forum used to have a rep for horrible sound. And its also not in the middle of Los Angeles. Now having Staples Center everyone likes the conviniece of it, and its not an old relic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Forum used to have a rep for horrible sound. And its also not in the middle of Los Angeles. Now having Staples Center everyone likes the conviniece of it, and its not an old relic.
    It looks like the media wins this round... Or maybe I was just an idiot for thinking it was this relic. Hmmm let's go with the media. Hahaha

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
    Great question Ruined. I always thought the Forum was suppose to be this magical Los Angeles landmark full of history. I am looking at it from 4K Km away though...
    It's really not that magical. The Wiltern is far older and far prettier... and sounds much better as well. There's nothing to really distinguish the Forum from any other large seating venue, except the graveyard across the street from it. It's also right under the approach pattern for LAX, so every few minutes a low flying plane would buzz the place. There were also a few homeless dudes running out onto Manchester Blvd when I was leaving after the show. And as suprefan mentioned, the Staples Center is right off the 110, as opposed to the Forum, which requires driving through Manchester and/or Inglewood, depending upon which interstate you used (110, 105, 405) to get there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    And Staples is very public transportation friendly. The Metro rails cross through the area, saves you money from parking!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    It's really not that magical. The Wiltern is far older and far prettier... and sounds much better as well. There's nothing to really distinguish the Forum from any other large seating venue, except the graveyard across the street from it. It's also right under the approach pattern for LAX, so every few minutes a low flying plane would buzz the place. There were also a few homeless dudes running out onto Manchester Blvd when I was leaving after the show. And as suprefan mentioned, the Staples Center is right off the 110, as opposed to the Forum, which requires driving through Manchester and/or Inglewood, depending upon which interstate you used (110, 105, 405) to get there.
    Comparing apples and oranges shouldnt happen right now. a 2300 person venue that has gotten a renovation shouldnt have to answer to a historic basketball arena. And The Orpheum is older9 if u wanna compare old theaters), it was built in 1926, and is better than The Wiltern.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
    It looks like the media wins this round... Or maybe I was just an idiot for thinking it was this relic. Hmmm let's go with the media. Hahaha
    No, trust me, why its is considered a ''special'' place is warranted. Its just that time goes by and its gotten lost in the shuffle. The Lakers won 6 basketball titles there, Wayne Gretzky played at The forum and made hockey a more relevant sport in non traditional hockey cities, A LOT of epic concerts. Prince did his 30 show residency there 2 years ago and was awesome. So coming from experience, its not the media, its just that theres a time and a place to recognize the greatness of the place, but that time is not now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well said Superfan. And I would never try to compare the Wiltern to the Forum.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Comparing apples and oranges shouldnt happen right now. a 2300 person venue that has gotten a renovation shouldnt have to answer to a historic basketball arena. And The Orpheum is older9 if u wanna compare old theaters), it was built in 1926, and is better than The Wiltern.

No, trust me, why its is considered a ''special'' place is warranted. Its just that time goes by and its gotten lost in the shuffle. The Lakers won 6 basketball titles there, Wayne Gretzky played at The forum and made hockey a more relevant sport in non traditional hockey cities, A LOT of epic concerts. Prince did his 30 show residency there 2 years ago and was awesome. So coming from experience, its not the media, its just that theres a time and a place to recognize the greatness of the place, but that time is not now.
    Thanks for the history. I've lived in the outskirts of LA for a while but I've never picked up the history of the venues. I'll definitely have to check out the Orpheum now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wife and I will be at this show for sure !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone! I plan to attend the show and believe or not, it is my first NIN show! I know... I suck. I am a BIG NIN fan, and am super stocked that they're touring. This is a total noob question, but if I get there early and be in the pit (general admission), I don't want to get squished or be in a rough crowd! I've heard many stories about crazy NIN shows with mosh pits, pushing, shoving... Do you think that would be the case for this show? I would love to be as close as possible. I've seen all my favorite bands front row except NIN! I can't help but to feel spoiled. I was front and center for How to Destroy Angels in Pomona, too! I sound like an old lady. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well you have to get floor tickets first, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well you have to get floor tickets first, right?
    Well, yes! I'm assuming the show will have GA tix?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goinghometime View Post
    Well, yes! I'm assuming the show will have GA tix?
    You need to get GA tickets during the nin.com presale if you want rail. That's the only way that you're going to end up there. Assuming that you get presale tickets, then you just have to show up early enough that day to be close to the front of the line. Back in 2008, 1pm or so was sufficient for the LITS show in Seattle; I ended up in front of JMJ. I've got no idea how early you need to show up these days.

If you're on the rail, your front side is protected. However, there's still going to be movement from the sides and from behind you, including jackasses who think that they can power their way to the front. I got lucky because I had a few 6'+ guys right behind me, so it wasn't too bad. However, there were still a few crowd surfers that I had to hold up before they got caught by security. I definitely had some bruises from that show.

My personal preference is to stand back in front of the sound board, because then I don't have to spend time thinking about whether I need to worry about someone dropping on my head or if I'm going to get flattened by the mosh pit. I also get the full effect of the visuals. It's really a matter of personal preference; some people like the mosh pit and/or rail experience. I don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    You need to get GA tickets during the nin.com presale if you want rail. That's the only way that you're going to end up there. Assuming that you get presale tickets, then you just have to show up early enough that day to be close to the front of the line. Back in 2008, 1pm or so was sufficient for the LITS show in Seattle; I ended up in front of JMJ. I've got no idea how early you need to show up these days.

If you're on the rail, your front side is protected. However, there's still going to be movement from the sides and from behind you, including jackasses who think that they can power their way to the front. I got lucky because I had a few 6'+ guys right behind me, so it wasn't too bad. However, there were still a few crowd surfers that I had to hold up before they got caught by security. I definitely had some bruises from that show.

My personal preference is to stand back in front of the sound board, because then I don't have to spend time thinking about whether I need to worry about someone dropping on my head or if I'm going to get flattened by the mosh pit. I also get the full effect of the visuals. It's really a matter of personal preference; some people like the mosh pit and/or rail experience. I don't.
    Thank you so much for that! I understand the risk of being crushed or kicked in the head by crowd surfers. As much as I would love to be in the front and wait all day to be there, I don't want to be in the position where I have to leave my spot because the crowd got too rough. I think my best bet is to be near the side of the stage.. be close enough, but not in the middle of the madness. I was lucky to get pre-sale tix for How to Destroy Angels and got front row. Crossing my fingers for this show. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I'm going to try my best to get L.A. tickets, even though I live much closer to San Francisco (rather avoid a festival show, if I can). I've never attended a show at either Staples Center or The Forum. Just curious, what was so bad about The Forum, as most people seem to dislike it as a concert venue?
    The forum is just very dated and there isn't much to do in the surrounding area. Staples is nice and modern and there's lots to do with the LA Live thing right next door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm planning on attending this as well... as soon as tickets go on sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey everyone the original info for this show said the pre-sale was tomorrow the 24th now it says the 27 on AXS site. Can anyone confirm for me if there is a pre pre-sale I guess on the 24th? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe the 24th pre-sale is through the nin.com site? ANYONE? ANYONE? THANKS

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    nin.com pre-sale is the 24th, promotors pre-sale is 27th, Ticketmaster regular public sale is this Friday. Here:

http://tour.nin.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakekontrol View Post
    I'm planning on going to this show, I'm from Mexico, I'm also planning on going to Phoenix, since I want to see them at least twice, do you know if is it possible that they open a second date? And if so, how soon does it get opened from the date they start selling the tickets?
    Yo también de Mexico, pero a Seattle y a Detroit me toca ir =)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I believe all sales presales and regular onsale (besides NIN.com presale) for Staples now go through the AXS site - not ticketmaster. just fyi.
    Its a different setup on that site - and if you want to buy on it - learn how it works. They start a "cue" of people that you enter and it can start as early as 30 minutes before the onsale time - though I think it says at the onsale time its still a random placement in line of the "cue" that you get on that mark. I dont know for sure - but its kinda nice in a way cause theres no character recognition thing to stall you. You get into the cue - then you can enter your billing info while you are waiting in the cue and it refreshes automatically to get you tickets when it can. Its a little less stressful unless its your first time and you dont know how it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. I'm trying to get the nin presage with my phone and I'm not sure it will work.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Floor tickets, yay!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was easier than expected. Floor tickets woo!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Floor tix. Guess I'll need to schedule another day off from work now.