Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013.11.21 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Holy shit you guys.... only 24 more days. I remember when it was 100+ days. Can't wait!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    2 days! What's everyone's plans for before & after the show?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm beyond excited for this! I'll be ferrying over with a friend before the show, don't know what time we will make it into town/check in at the hotel. But after we were going to go to the Biercraft bar place. Heard it was pretty good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Plans? Drive downtown after work, pick up my wife from work, meet our friends for the show, go to the show, go for a drink after, go home. Party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Home, sweet, home! See you in Van!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Woo, the show is tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing the show with it's full production value. Saw the shows in Vegas last weekend, and they were good, but totally missing the lighting aspects of the show. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the full production and lights.

For GA nin.com pre-sale people, what time do you plan on lining up for those that want a spot at the rail? It's gonna be a cold one in Vancouver tomorrow, i'd like to minimize my time outside so I don't have to bring a winter coat to the show and sweat like a pig in the pit.

I need my full party to be there before gettign tickets though, so we can all get numbered wristbands together. My girlfriend has managed to be able to squeeze out of work early to make it downtown for the time they are set to hand out the tickets. I'm thinking arrive by 4pm as tickets are being handed out at 5pm. How many pre-sale tickets were sold anyway? Hope arriving at 4pm isn't too late. But I guess even being 2-3 rows from the rail won't be the end of the world.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Woo, the show is tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing the show with it's full production value. Saw the shows in Vegas last weekend, and they were good, but totally missing the lighting aspects of the show. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the full production and lights.

For GA nin.com pre-sale people, what time do you plan on lining up for those that want a spot at the rail? It's gonna be a cold one in Vancouver tomorrow, i'd like to minimize my time outside so I don't have to bring a winter coat to the show and sweat like a pig in the pit.

I need my full party to be there before gettign tickets though, so we can all get numbered wristbands together. My girlfriend has managed to be able to squeeze out of work early to make it downtown for the time they are set to hand out the tickets. I'm thinking arrive by 4pm as tickets are being handed out at 5pm. How many pre-sale tickets were sold anyway? Hope arriving at 4pm isn't too late. But I guess even being 2-3 rows from the rail won't be the end of the world.
    That's my plan, doors aren't open until 6:15 for our early entry though so that's still a cold 2 hours outside.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, the e-mail says, "Once you pick your tickets up at 5pm you must go STRAIGHT into the venue" sooo... i'm guessing it's gonna be like how it was in Victoria in December 2008 for Lights in the sky. The ticketing booth was outside, and we lined up outside in front of it (I went around 4pm and there were only 6-8 people in front of me), once the tickets were given out, the took us inside the venue to wait in the hallway of the arena before taking us down to the floor.

So when it says, immediate entry is required upon picking up tickets, I think that's what it is hinting at. Either way, I might bring a shitty jacket I don't care about that I can ditch inside the venue if that's the case.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    That sounds way better. Do you know if there are public lockers or something there to toss a jacket in maybe?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I have no idea...
    I know there will be a coat check, but whether secuirty will allow you to step out of line to go find it is another question.
    I know NIN camp security are pretty set on everyone following "rules".

The main guy at Victoria in '08 gave some speech that if you leave the line or misbehave at anytime you're getting kicked out of the pre-sale line and joining the regular folks outside who have to wait in the cold. He said he didn't care if he had to wait in the cold, because he had a nice warm jacket on, lol.

My suggestion is layers, wear a longsleeve shirt and a hoody. Then tie the hoody around your waist when you get into the pit, or put up with being warm for a few hours.
    I'm thinking if I manage to get a rail spot, and I have a coat, i'm just gonna throw the coat over the rail for extra padding on the rail. I did that in '08 with a shitty value village coat I picked up with intentions of just hucking it in the trash. I was not only able to throw it over the rail, but was able to keep the coat for after the show.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Lucky NIN pre-sale people getting to wait in the building lol I'm still kicking myself over not getting my tickets sooner.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Also, I was talking to a friend of mine tonight who is coming to the show tomorrow, who at one point used to travel alot on the [With_Teeth] tour. I believe he saw 10 shows on that tour alone... either way, he reminded me of something they did on that tour that we need to resurrect tomorrow if the NIN camp already doesn't make us do it...

SIT ON THE FLOOR AS SOON AS YOU GET IN!!

This not only makes the wait against the barrier less painful, but it freely allows you to go back to the concession stand once you established your spot so you can get Beer and or Water or merch before the show. It works really well. So everyone going on the floor, let's organize a sit down in front of the rail as soon as we get in to make it a much more pleasent concert so we're not standing there from 6:15-11:30pm
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-21-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Also, I was talking to a friend of mine tonight who is coming to the show tomorrow, who at one point used to travel alot on the [With_Teeth] tour. I believe he saw 10 shows on that tour alone... either way, he reminded me of something they did on that tour that we need to resurrect tomorrow if the NIN camp already doesn't make us do it...

SIT ON THE FLOOR AS SOON AS YOU GET IN!!

This not only makes the wait against the barrier less painful, but it freely allows you to go back to the concession stand once you established your spot so you can get Beer and or Water or merch before the show. It works really well. So everyone going on the floor, let's organize a sit down in front of the rail as soon as we get in to make it a much more pleasent concert so we're not standing there from 6:15-11:30pm
    I thought that was just pretty standard concert etiquette but OK haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't believe that after 14 years the time has almost come. Taking the bus from Kelowna, hang out in the big city for a couple hours, get in line, enjoy the experience, get back on the midnight bus. Hope that everybody has a great show!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    I can't believe that after 14 years the time has almost come. Taking the bus from Kelowna, hang out in the big city for a couple hours, get in line, enjoy the experience, get back on the midnight bus. Hope that everybody has a great show!
    Wow, you're doing the hop on a bus for a concert and hop back on after the bus after the show special. A friend of mine and myself did that once from Winnipeg to Edmonton for TOOL in 2002. hopped on the Greyhound, arrove in Edmonton in the afternoon on the day of the show, stored out stuff in the locker at the bus depot, went to the concert, and rushed back to the depot to catch the midnight bus home, haha. That's hardcore. Obviously Winnipeg to Edmonton is much more of an insane 1 night trip than Kelowna to Vancouver, but that's still harcdcore.

Wait... Kelowna... Didn't they play there in 2008 for Lights In The sky... 14 year wait? Were you not able to attend the Kelowna show in '08?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed for another setlist surprise at this show.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'll cry if they play We're In This Together tonight. Even though the only time they've played it in the last 10 years (ish) was here:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I'll cry if they play We're In This Together tonight. Even though the only time they've played it in the last 10 years (ish) was here:

Incorrect!

It was played there, and also:

Live

Although "We're In This Together" is a single, it was not performed live until the Performance 2007 tour. This song is performed in a lower key, presumably due to the vocal strain required to sing it as it appears in the album.
    The song debuted at Lisbon, Portugal, and was played at (at least) three other shows.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Oops, I thought OSR happened after that tour for some reason. huh.

Still, if they play that tonight I'll weep openly.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So will I... even though I'm in upside down land.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm at the arena now, there's only like 20 people here in the presale line.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If I can time this perfectly I'll be showing up just before EITS goes on at 7:30pm.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If it's like past shows, almost all the people who got their wristbands earlier in the day left the venue, and they'll come back right before ticket pickup time -- so the short line now is likely very misleading.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I didn't even know you could get wristbands early. Fuck.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Meeting my wife downtown at 6 but I'll be leaving my condo in like 15 minutes, I'll swing by to say hi, give y'all a fist bump.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I didn't even know you could get wristbands early. Fuck.
    Usually around noon is the first round (although one morning she came out around 9 a.m.). She's generally out twice before ticket pickup time.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Managed to get on the rail and spotted O_M out in the crowd haha

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Managed to get on the rail and spotted O_M out in the crowd haha
    Take a photo of your hand in front of the stage with a thumbs up gesture (naturally gesturing to me) and post it here plz.