Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 2013.10.05 - Cleveland, OH @ Wolstein Center

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Haha. That's funny. I did. I got a beer and wanted a Gatorade for later but they took the cap off so I had to double fist it. Oh yeah, I remember I was getting a contact buzz from you hoodlums

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Haha. That's funny. I did. I got a beer and wanted a Gatorade for later but they took the cap off so I had to double fist it. Oh yeah, I remember I was getting a contact buzz from you hoodlums
    Thats why I always bring my own coke/water bottle caps with me. It's lame but during festivals is so worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I sorta regret not going up front. Sorta missed that connection that I had in toronto. Oh well, Still cool nonetheless.

ANd yess, there was lots of smoking. People were doing it next to me, but they did not offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was in the group of people who started queuing at 10pm the night before because we ran out of things to do after getting into Cleveland from Chicago by bus around 4pm. So hi to anyone I might have talked to beforehand! I was in front of Trent for this one and the crowd sucked so much for the first half of the show. Just too many intoxicated people making it miserable for everyone. Some dude in a red shirt dropped some x and was being so irritating during the opener and ended up getting into a fist fight pretty early in the set. Awesome thing is EVERYONE was sick of this dude's shit and ended up picking him up and throwing him over to security (which were honestly useless). He later came back and was starting shit with a girl next to me who had nothing to do with it after the show. It just was really annoying and stupid. AND being yelled at for recording was not fun. That's actually the first nin shows I've never been allowed to record. Security just seemed confused in general.

The pros: Finally heard Into the Void and it's been on my bucketlist. The backup singers were freaking awesome and I loved what they added to the songs. That was really refreshing. The visuals even from up close blew me away, especially during Running. It wasn't my favorite show, but there were a lot of high points of it. Auburn Hills for me was better. Sort of unrelated but I went to the Cleveland zoo with friends the day in-between this and Auburn Hills. Highly recommend it and also to go feed the Lorikeets sugar nectar because they'll climb onto your hand. I wish Brookfield had something similar to that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Can I get EITS' setlist?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Can I get EITS' setlist?
    I assume it was the same as Detroit.

1: soft guitar playing
    2: loud guitar playing
    3: loud shitty guitar playing
    4: good night

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    90 percent of nin's fanbase is close minded. Take a look at the music section on this board.

1998 called....they want your JNCO pants back....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Don't get all butthurt over me making fun of a band. I didn't boo or throw anything while they were on. I just checked emails and waited for their set to end. Nin, much like Tool, either has fantastic openers or pretty lousy ones but not much in between. QOTSA, Saul Willliams, street seeeper social club, tv on the radio, and Dresden dolls were all fantastic. DFA, Health, Janes addiction, and Bauhaus ranged from uninteresting to WTF is this garbage? That's life. EITS is mostly just not interesting. I'm told ill like Godspeed black emporer so every tour is hit and miss.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I don't remember which was Cleveland and which was Toronto. But here you go.

Catastrophe & the Cure
    The Birth & Death of the Day
    Greet Death
    Let Me Back In
    The Only Moment We Were Alone

The Only Moment We Were Alone
    Catastrophe & the Cure
    Greet Death
    Let Me Back In
    First Breath After Coma
    The Birth & Death of the Day
    I think the second batch was Cleveland.

Either way, that helps me. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dunebug81 View Post
    EITS is mostly just not interesting. I'm told ill like Godspeed black emporer so every tour is hit and miss.
    If you didn't like EITS I can't imagine there is any possibility that you'll enjoy Godspeed.

I was actually surprised at how polite the crowd seemed to be for EITS. There was quite a bit of clapping and I didn't hear any booing or anything like that. Yeah you've got people standing around talking during their set but to be fair a lot of those people didn't shut up during NIN either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was actually thrilled to see EITS live, as I'm a longtime fan of theirs as well as NIN. I was pleasantly surprised to find them on this tour. Trent has good taste in music, for the most part, it seems. I stood next to a couple of middle aged Canadian gentlemen who had attended the previous night's show in Toronto who were also, delightfully, music nerds. We had a good long talk about EITS vs NIN fans as well as music in general, and to be quite honest, after dealing with some of the people in line (I was there from noon to when the doors opened), it was a breath of fresh air to meet some more open minded people about music. There were quite a few EITS fans near the front, I think, and the rest of the crowd hated them. The 4 drunkards behind me pontificated about whether or not it was time to get more beer while the set was going, and honestly, it made me kind of sad. Oh well. Different strokes, I guess. I still wish people were more respectful, though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn1 View Post
    If you didn't like EITS I can't imagine there is any possibility that you'll enjoy Godspeed.

I was actually surprised at how polite the crowd seemed to be for EITS. There was quite a bit of clapping and I didn't hear any booing or anything like that. Yeah you've got people standing around talking during their set but to be fair a lot of those people didn't shut up during NIN either.
    Well shit, that makes me even more jealous of a NIN|QOTSA tour that's not coming to Merica.