Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.30 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2013.09.30 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

With Explosions in the Sky!

Strongly considering taking a trip to St. Louis show, as well.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Strongly considering making it to both KC and STL! I'll have to choose my vacation time wisely soon as I have a lot of other concerts/places out of town I need to be...but this is too awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been waiting for this moment since Trent announced his "break."
    Gonna try to make it to this one and possibly Denver. In talks about attending the St Paul show as well if finances allow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Being this is a home town show for me, this show is a no brainer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ill be coming down from Sioux Falls for this one. Awesome, ill have another chance to check out the WW1 museum too (i love that place)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just throwing this out...NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN, but feeling it out. IF a nearby theater (think two blocks from the Sprint Center) were to show say Closure, or perhaps AVOTT on a big screen the night before the show as a bit of a pre-show day celebration would anyone be interested in attending?

NOTE: This is all VERY hypothetical at this point, but it could happen if the support was there.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'd absolutely leave a day early for that. It'd make for a pretty good little mixer before the show. Maybe some of us could hang there and go out for drinks, then hit the show the following night.

We should watch AAISAD. You know, for lulz.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    You know shit just got REAL when JohninKC dusts off the ol' ETS account.

As for AVOTT, I say absolutely one hundred percent yes since I didn't get to attend the first one. As for Closure, Absolutely, especially if we get Appendage afterwards.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    --> nin-perú: 2/3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    --> Hey guys, i'm planing to go to this show (from Perú for the first 3 shows of the tension tour) but i want to know if there's any cheap hotel near this arena?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Google maps, and services like Hipmunk and Kayak are your best bet for hotels. There are lots of hotels within walking distance of the arena since the Sprint Center is downtown. Though cheap and what's downtown can be hit and miss all depending on if there is a convention in town that week. Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone seen any clues about ticket prices for this show? Early pre-sales have tickets going for about $115 with fees and all and that'll likely seriously hamper most travel plans I have for this tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Coming from Omaha

After looking at ticket prices for other cities/venues I'd say the ticket prices have the potential to be higher than previous shows. Most seem to have two tiers of pricing. Somewhere around $50 and then nearing $100 per ticket. Makes me wonder what GA floor will be. This may very well be the only show I get to see on this tour if I have to pay $100 for a decent ticket.

Anyway, as stated in the subject, I'll be coming from Omaha, NE. If anyone in the area (or passing through) would like to car pool and maybe split a room let me know. I am considering moving on to St Louis as well if anyone is interested in that. That would be much more likely with someone to split gas and such with for two shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Closure at a movie theater that might be a block or two away from the theater.

I'm a little worried about these ticket prices. I was thinking about $75 after fees, but $99 plus fees is a lot. As much as I love this band I might have to sit this one out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah, im not going to be going to this one as i just got gouged $225 for St. Paul tickets. Oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Sprint Center posted the floor / ticketing plan for the show: https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopper...7001&prefill=1

The $99 tix are on the floor and a small area of the reserved seats. The $75.50 ones are the still pretty decent seats then it goes to the $56 ones at the back. Traditionally the sound at the back of the arena hasn't been good, but it could be good to sit back there for this one because of the visual items I'm anticipating.

I haven't decided whether to do the presale yet or wait until the regular on sale (Sprint Center is two blocks from where I work,) but I'm glad there are options.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm totally gonna have to go for public sale. I had 100 bucks set aside for a ticket, thinking that'd be enough. I suppose it will be, but I have to try to get general admission for something this hype. Luckily, I have that day off, so I guess I'm just gonna get my check that morning and play the waiting game. I was hoping to save some money by buying just one ticket this year, but man. Hitting that "confirm purchase" button is gonna hurt! But totally worth it!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    if you're looking for cheaper hotels, stay in the independence/blue springs area. its about 20 minutes from downtown. i travel to kc all the time for work and stay at the hilton garden inn in independence, 5 minutes from the royals/chiefs stadiums. think its about $99 a night. im probably going to take a trip the week of the show and try to get tix that day

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am really hoping to get presale floor tickets! I am just happy I had a few records I could sell to raise the funds! This will be my first time getting pre sale NIN tickets... Does anyone know if the presale tickets are the way people get the cool custom printed tickets from the other tours? I have tried on the other tours but was always too late.

Side note... After seeing the ticket prices I have a feeling this tour is going to be epic! I know Trent was eluding to something along those lines but I just figured LITS will be hard to top. I am getting really pumped for a Nails pit again!
    Last edited by cheeseprocedure; 06-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boom KC and StL tickets secured. Hope everyone else fared well in their presale quest. Next up...Orlando?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    got my GA ticket...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Got my GA ticket ordered 30 minutes ago.

As for the comments above about a theater showing of AVOTT and Closure, I'd definitely would be up for that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Scored some GA Floor tickets! Now to wait 3 months... I need some WaitMate

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Holy shit... overslept, just woke up and was sure I missed out on tickets! This was a breeze! (x-posted in Kansas City also)
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 06-17-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    argh, I can only order 2 tickets through the pre-sale? I need 3!

Also, does anyone know why there are no cheaper sections than GA available?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Because the best tickets are the tickets that scalpers scalp, and thus the ones the band wants to keep out of their hands and put in the hands of fans.
    And because die-hard fans who do presales generally want the best tickets.
    And because that's the way they do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Because the best tickets are the tickets that scalpers scalp, and thus the ones the band wants to keep out of their hands and put in the hands of fans.
    And because die-hard fans who do presales generally want the best tickets.
    And because that's the way they do it.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

That makes sense. (I also just noticed that you get early entry into the venue w/ pre-sales.) Hell, I'm broke and was only going to get seats, but if one of my friends will set up a nin.com account, I've decided to say fuck it and go all out. It will be the 1st time seeing NIN for all of us if it works out, after all!

I still wish I could buy all 3 tickets on my own account, though. *grumbles a bit*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    should i have received a conf. email or something? its been a few years so i dont remember how it went down last time. i used my tablet to order, so printing the confirmation page was pretty much a no go.
    also, i remember there being somesort of account page you could look at to see your order history and what not; is that not there anymore? for someone who hasnt even been to nin.com since the wave goodbye tour, wtf happened. damn that place is slow. you cant even get to the forums from the front page anymore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
    should i have received a conf. email or something? its been a few years so i dont remember how it went down last time. i used my tablet to order, so printing the confirmation page was pretty much a no go.
    also, i remember there being somesort of account page you could look at to see your order history and what not; is that not there anymore? for someone who hasnt even been to nin.com since the wave goodbye tour, wtf happened. damn that place is slow. you cant even get to the forums from the front page anymore.
    yes, i receive the confirmation email instantly... but there's not an account page, only the confirmation email.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)