Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.30 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I had like a one person buffer between me and the barf. Ugh.
    At least everyone around cheered for that little cleaning lady when they got her over the barrier and back. I feel like it was a combination of "Hooray, no puke!" and "Hooray! She's taking one for the team to clean puke when she doesn't want to!"

Anyone else notice when Trent started singing random bits of "Closer" during "All Time Low?" I recall him saying quietly, "You get me closer..." and "You let me violate you..." alternately a couple times. Another awesome little twist you can only get from the live show.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-01-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I got got into line at about 2:00 this afternoon, and got dead center, one row back. The chicks who were right in front of me on the rail kept copping attitudes every time the crowd got rowdy, and they started getting shoved around. GO SIT IN A FUCKIN' SEAT THEN
    Were you the one that was telling the girls sorry if you push into them and it's not your fault? Cause if that was you, you right behind me and Fullmetal lol.

Besides a few hiccups like throw up, dude wanting to start a fight and a lady wanting to start a fight, it seems like the crowd wasn't all that bad. It's been since 2009 since I saw NIN and I forgot how easy going the crowd usually is. I'm more used to metal concerts and getting punched in the back of the head and getting elbowed so some douche can steal my spot in the front row lol.

I uploaded a short video of Find My Way onto my Instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/e6eMxlSJlw/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Were you the one that was telling the girls sorry if you push into them and it's not your fault? Cause if that was you, you right behind me and Fullmetal lol.
    I was left of center, three from the rail in a grey shirt with an upside down cross on it. I don't recall anyone near puking but twice during EITS the crowd tried to get rowdy/rude people removed.
    As for the tubbo, she disappeared shortly after I turned around and threatened to kill her if she touched my friend. Bitch was one of those privileged never been to a show types who was getting mad about people jumping around and touching her, started saying she was going to punch my friend if her elbow touched her again etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, what a great concert. This is probably 8th or so NIN concert and was my favorite of the last decade. (nothing for me will beat front row center, NIN of the 90s.) Trent sounded great. The back-up singers were awesome, especially during Even Deeper. New tracks sounded good. Old tracks sounded even better. The set-list was awesome. Loved the fact that they didn't play closer. The only 2 songs I would have gotten rid of were Running and Survivalism....not because they didnt sound good, but because I don't like them. Would have rather heard Reptile, Last or Mr. Self Destruct.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Twerking during All Time Low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all, great show last night! This was my third NIN show, first being With Teeth, second being Lights in the Sky (both seen in St. Paul). I just moved to KC so I'm glad I can finally see shows in my city instead of traveling 3 hours! I had a pre-sale ticket and was wrist band #111 which seemed lucky, and was proven to be lucky since I got on the rail right in front of Robin, exactly the same place I had during Lights tour. I bought ear plugs before the show but didn't end up using them as the volume didn't seem extreme. I feel fine this morning! Mostly like the rest of you I was impressed that I was surrounded by hardcore fans who were there to show as much love as possible! Trent said he didn't have a very good time last night but he was feeling it a lot better today. Anyone care to comment on KC vs St Paul?

As for the setlist, I'm actually a bit disappointed, I think the setlist from the Lights in the Sky tour was stronger. Many of the newer mid-tempo songs seemed to kill the energy at least from my vantage point. Everything from The Fragile was amazing, especially Somewhat Damaged. Burn was better this time around (much more like the intense studio version), also Came Back Haunted was well-received.

NIN is the only band that I will pay any amount of money for if you get pre-sale and early entry, it's just the only way to do it if you want to be on the floor. By the way, if you were standing next to me, I was the shorter guy, short hair, with gray Periphery shirt on. I hope the awesome girls next to me made it back to St. Louis safely!!!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If you were at the Kansas City show last night, send the Underneath It All podcast a video/audio review of the show to our email ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

You can also visit the site Underneath It All and contact us through that. I think fans who don't have the opportunity to see NIN live would love to hear your feedback on the show.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    When would you guys want that video/audio? I still need to start listening to that podcast. I think I will today!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Double post for VMOE! From an iPod touch, with warbly and clicky audio. It's the only video I could bring myself to record. Trent was putting on such a sick show, I felt like the deserved my attention for the better part of 2 hours. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show was much more raw than the show in St. Paul. Trent was really into it from the start. Burn was an awesome addition as well!

Unfortunately, I did not realize, once again, that there were limited edition posters (only picked up the poster with the tour dates on it). Does anyone happen to have an extra limited edition poster they would be willing to sell and part ways with? If so, just PM me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    At least everyone around cheered for that little cleaning lady when they got her over the barrier and back. I feel like it was a combination of "Hooray, no puke!" and "Hooray! She's taking one for the team to clean puke when she doesn't want to!"

Anyone else notice when Trent started singing random bits of "Closer" during "All Time Low?" I recall him saying quietly, "You get me closer..." and "You let me violate you..." alternately a couple times. Another awesome little twist you can only get from the live show.
    The people to my left could see and smell the puke... I decided to turn to my right to ignore the fact that it was there. Just the thought of people stepping in it for the next three hours made me want to vomit so I am really glad that they had a cleaning lady come in. She was super amused that everyone was cheering for her before and after.

I saw people post after St Paul about the Closer references in All Time Low, but I didn't notice it in St Paul, so I made sure to pay attention last night and I loved it. Not sure the people around me noticed but I liked it... and I'm not one who misses Closer in the setlist either

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's weird. I was looking forward to not seeing Closer in the setlist after TR said he wouldn't be playing it much anymore, but now that it's gone, I want it to pop up again.

But that's okay. All Time Low is one sexy replacement.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Good lord where do I start. Was my fifth time seeing NIN, and just had an absolute blast. Planted right in front of the soundboard against the rail and had the best possible view of the entire show. The screens themselves didn't seem to be used as extensively as the LITS show, but that's fine because this whole show is more about performance than anything else. The Hesitation Marks tracks sound incredible. Especially with the backup singers. Good lord the lady hitting the high notes on Even Deeper. Unreal.

AND A WARM PLACE HOLY SHIT. Can't believe I witnessed that in person. Unreal.

Also highly enjoyed twerking to All Time Low with Orestes and the mini bounce pit that we all formed at the end of Somewhat Damaged.

Thanks to Orestes and everyone else I was with, plus meeting Trent and Mariqueen the day before, this was easily the best NIN show I've seen yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My thoughts on St Paul vs KC.... I loved St Paul but the pacing was really off having six songs in a row off Hesitation Marks. I didn't mind having 10 new songs overall, I just wanted them mixed up more. I get that Trent has a new album to promote. So after seeing that Into the Void was cut in St Paul due to technical issues, I was beside myself when it made it into the setlist last night in KC. But since songs were exactly the same up until the point, I was a little worried the setlist would continue to be the same. I was wrong, of course, and nearly cried when Trent dived into The Frail.... and Burn later? Jesus. One of my favorite songs and it was so great to jump around to it again.

I agree this set was much more raw. We saw Trent pick up that electric guitar again which was missing from the St Paul show. He even threw it after Terrible Lie along with his mic stand but ended up hitting the low lights above him. It was great to see him play that on so many songs and rock out with Robin. he seemed to be having so much more fun than in St Paul with all the worries about the technical mishaps. And kudos to the lighting guy for GETTING IT RIGHT for the band introduction last night, but I'm still gonna be amused about that mishap in st Paul for a long time

PS Richard I'm always gonna hate you for meeting Trent on Sunday when I was still in Minnesota instead of six blocks from Alamo! grrr haha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcomedown View Post
    The people to my left could see and smell the puke... I decided to turn to my right to ignore the fact that it was there. Just the thought of people stepping in it for the next three hours made me want to vomit so I am really glad that they had a cleaning lady come in. She was super amused that everyone was cheering for her before and after.

I saw people post after St Paul about the Closer references in All Time Low, but I didn't notice it in St Paul, so I made sure to pay attention last night and I loved it. Not sure the people around me noticed but I liked it... and I'm not one who misses Closer in the setlist either
    This could be a really weird question if it wasn't you, but did you happen to have a conversation based and puppies and unicorns while the puke incident was taking place?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    This could be a really weird question if it wasn't you, but did you happen to have a conversation based and puppies and unicorns while the puke incident was taking place?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't say it was a real conversation but someone did try to distract me with such things! hahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcomedown View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't say it was a real conversation but someone did try to distract me with such things! hahahahahahahaha
    lol well that someone was me! if you hadn't said you went to the MN show I probably wouldn't have guessed that was you. The part where you said you couldn't stop thinking about people stepping in it for 3 hours made me pretty sure it was you. I mainly remember the security guy gagging, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    lol well that someone was me! if you hadn't said you went to the MN show I probably wouldn't have guessed that was you. The part where you said you couldn't stop thinking about people stepping in it for 3 hours made me pretty sure it was you. I mainly remember the security guy gagging, lol.
    Nice! ETS members are everywhere. I dunno why I just now joined. I maybe had an old username that I don't remember from back in "the day"... things like that happen. There's definitely more activity here for KC than on forum.nin.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @bigcomedown & @richardp - You two again! Hey, this is chefambershea from IG. We keep running into each other.
    Last edited by blackheart; 10-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Did anyone else see that dude who straight up dressed like Manson circa 1996 with those like 4 inch platform boots? Jesus Christ, first of all, I'm sure everyone behind really appreciated staring at your fishnet covered back all night. And secondly I saw you walkin around after the show like both your ankles were broken. Next time, function over fashion bud.

The Halloween soundtrack being used as the preshow playlist was AWESOME by the way. Also, despite the lack of ticket sales, the crowd was great. Still in awe at how much stuff we got off of The Fragile. I've been waiting to hear Somewhat Damaged, Into The Void, and Even Deeper for years. So cool.

Currently headed to St Louis to see Sigur Ros but I can't lie, I do wish that I was seeing NIN again. There's always next spring though. I'm sure there'll be a second leg.

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart View Post
    @bigcomedown & @richardp - You two again! Hey, this is chefambershea from IG. We keep running into each other.

Destiny

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    There was a Dragon Tattoo track in there, too. I distinctly heard "People Lie All the Time." That was a nice surprise.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yes on the Manson dude. Not quite sure what that was all about. I kept imagining him being the one to fall down in the puke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post

The Halloween soundtrack being used as the preshow playlist was AWESOME by the way.
    Prince of Darkness Soundtrack - John Carpenter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, we noticed that guy the second he showed up in line with his friends that weren't dressed too differently than he was. he was pretty far behind me in line but managed to be 3-4 people to my left and maybe back a row. I didn't have any problems with him being a dick or anything, so I didn't really care how he dressed *shrug*

I also loved the soundtrack before the set... it's always nice to see what bands hand pick to play before they go on stage.

*waves at Amber* So funny we've run into each other on Facebook which has to be the oddest place (that doesn't count for you Richard since we share a lot of friends haha)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Did anyone else see that dude who straight up dressed like Manson circa 1996 with those like 4 inch platform boots? Jesus Christ, first of all, I'm sure everyone behind really appreciated staring at your fishnet covered back all night. And secondly I saw you walkin around after the show like both your ankles were broken. Next time, function over fashion bud.
    Me and Alrea were talking about that guy when I saw him.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I mean... Dude can dress how he wants. The shoes were shitty for those who were around him. That's all. They had to be 6 inches.

Also, I've always wondered how you get into those latex pants. Is there some sort of lube involved?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The dude CAN dress how he wants. He was never disruptive for me at all or anything. But...it WAS some pretty cray shit.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Okay which one of you stayed at that shit hole Capri motel with us? Saw a guy checking out in a NIN shirt while I was packing the car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a blast last night.

I liked how they incorporated a bunch of different songs, many that they haven't played much, but it kind of felt like they put them in the wrong order. There were times where the crowd was really getting into it and then suddenly the mood was changed. It was like putting some songs on your iPod and instead of making an playlist where the songs can flow, Trent put it on shuffle.

Loved the sound and LOVED the light show. It wasn't as interactive as LITS, but it held its own. I also hope they made the backup singers a permanent fixture.

I hope they come back to the area soon.