Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2013.09.30 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was absolutely the best concert I've ever been to. This was my first time seeing NIN, and it surpassed my (high) expectations. I'm still euphoric over the whole thing. Fuck.

On a somewhat related note, I wasn't able to get the art poster (I did get a tour one after the show, but the outside merch stand was closed), and was wondering if there was perhaps some awesome soul who might have picked up an extra copy that I could buy from them. If you have an extra, could shoot me a PM? That would be amazing, as I'd love to have both posters from my first and only NIN show (up to now at least).

I was also very happy that they played Running and VMOE. And Into the Void. And Even Deeper. And had great backup singers ... Guitar destruction. Just wow! Everything about this show was pretty much perfect. It's hard for me to put into words, a bit.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 10-01-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The concert was fucking awesome but there were some shits in the crowd. Somebody showed up stinking so badly you could see row after row of people start looking around in horror and grabbing their nose. Seriously like they hadn't showered in a year.
    Some fat drunk fuck showed up beside me about 3 songs in and just went berserk slamming into everybody. This was my 7th NIN show and the floor is usually dancing and fun and people so into the music and rocking out but I haven't had someone next to me that just wanted to bodyslam everyone around him regardless of what was played. I was trying so hard to not get knocked to the floor or mauled I couldn't enjoy the show. I'm pregnant (wasn't when I bought the tix) so I had to get the fuck away from him, that stupid cocksucker, and go to the side of the floor, but still close to where Robin was.
    I loved the lights and the strobes, and as impressive as the lights were at times this one felt more like "let's make a kick ass rock concert" than "lets try something they've never seen before." I think that really got the crowd into it though. The lights on disappointed were fucking cool and I loved the backup singers. I was so happy to hear the wretched and somewhat damaged. Even Deeper was beautiful. I didn't miss Closer, I thought the setlist was a good mix of old and new. This was my husband's first time on the floor of a NIN concert and he said it's the best concert he's been to.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just framed up the posters and tickets together. I thought they framed up nicely so I wanted to share a new pic. I was going to delete my original post of the prints but due to the flash I thought this picture wasnt the best to represent what they look like out of a frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Besides all the comments I'd otherwise have to say about how great the show was, I feel compelled to chime in with the others who have commented about the pre-show music. I wish Trent to give a playlist of that music. A lot of it I recognized, and it was a John Carpenter extravaganza. Music from Halloween, Prince of Darkness, and Escape From New York all played, and if I didn't know any better, at least one track from The Thing. There were some tracks from Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (used to be my ambient music at work for a long time after I got the deluxe soundtrack that included all the unused tracks). And some other stuff I'd like Trent to please identify for me right now please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    A chick barfed before the opening act even went on. They then went to go get a janitorial staff with a mop and bucket, and lifted her in to clean it up. I thought they should have made that chick clean it up. Instead, she just stated. What a shitty person.
    I am the tall guy on the rail who she threw up directly behind. It's not the first time I've seen someone throw up at a NIN concert. I was impressed that she stuck it out through the entire concert. She must have been barely over 5' tall and was stuck behind me (6'3") for the entire show. I decided to let her and her boyfriend in front of me for the encore since she had a relatively crappy, uncomfortable view most of the night.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Did you say something like... "It will keep peoe from crowding me now"?

damn it. We all need name tags or something at the rest of the shows!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think I remarked something along those lines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When a bunch of us from the nin.com forum met up at the Wave Goodbye tour, we used a code word that no one would understand unless they were a part of the discussion online beforehand! People would just go around questioning people with that word and then sometimes would get a rousing response when they found another in 'the know'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Figure now's as good a time as any to register and post, because fuck what a great show. I couldn't afford ground floor, so I was stuck in cheap seat section C (which I believe was the least energetic group of people there...shame). Guessing I saw some of you folks at the Alamo Drafthouse before the show (my buddy and I were creeping in the corner doodling to pass the time). We wanted to go back over for the after party but had one hell of a long drive the next day so decided against it. Still blown away by how many songs from The Fragile we got.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Here's a snippet from Copy of A:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I would absolutely love it if Trent decided to put out a bluray of the tension tour. I'm still euphoric about this show.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Me, too. It is difficult to get the whole effect when you're down in front. I'd love to see a bluray of this.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Next time we'll all just have to wear those name tags that say "Hello my name is: [insert username here]" lol. There was definitely a lot more ETS-ers there than I expected there was.

Did anyone happen to get a good audio recording of the show? I'd love to listen to it on my iPod and such.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I took like a 30 second video during Terrible Lie, and the security guard practically swatted my phone out of my hand. I'm just used to "No professional photography". I didn't know we weren't supposed to do any sort of pics. My bad.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    That's weird because I was up in front and I took about 3 1 and half minute videos and the guards didn't give a single fuck. Not 1.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The giant, bald, extremely sexy one is the one who was swatting at everyone. He spent a solid two minutes yelling at the chick next to me, as he had told her to put it away multiple times. He told her if he even saw her phone out again, she was getting booted.

I was just like "Sorry, bro", and he never said anything to me again. So I DONO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The giant, bald, extremely sexy one is the one who was swatting at everyone. He spent a solid two minutes yelling at the chick next to me, as he had told her to put it away multiple times. He told her if he even saw her phone out again, she was getting booted.

I was just like "Sorry, bro", and he never said anything to me again. So I DONO
    Where were you on the floor? People around us were doing video but had really bright annoying lights that stayed on during that time and THAT was the problem that was stopped by security multiple times. It was annoying everyone around the light and was probably not awesome to the band, either.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I had no light on mine, though. I didn't see light on any of the other ones, either. Maybe he was having a bad night or something.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Dang, I recorded all of Hurt and the guards didn't even so much as glare at me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Maybe they just hate fat people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got all of my photos uploaded to Flickr. Let me know what you all think. Great Show!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7729263...7636140329623/

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Probably my most vivid memory of the KC show, short of twerking with @richardp, was the group of us collectively pogo-ing up and down, loudly singing the last verse of "Somewhat Damaged".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Probably my most vivid memory of the KC show, short of twerking with @richardp, was the group of us collectively pogo-ing up and down, loudly singing the last verse of "Somewhat Damaged".
    This is, out of the five times I've seen NIN live, easily my most cherished memory.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    --> Hey guys, i just want to share this with all of you:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6062246&type=3
    Last edited by ninperu; 11-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey guys, if you have any videos from this show and you want to share them for a multi-cam proyect send me a PM or write me to ninperu@hotmail.es

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)