Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 176

Thread: 2013.09.30 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
    should i have received a conf. email or something? its been a few years so i dont remember how it went down last time. i used my tablet to order, so printing the confirmation page was pretty much a no go.
    also, i remember there being somesort of account page you could look at to see your order history and what not; is that not there anymore? for someone who hasnt even been to nin.com since the wave goodbye tour, wtf happened. damn that place is slow. you cant even get to the forums from the front page anymore.
    My confirmation came about half an hour later. Make sure and check your spam folder if you havent gotten one yet.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    480
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My confirmation didn't show up till about 10 minutes later. Like Cheese said, make sure to check your spam folder too.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    deja vu
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes! I got confirmation for our GA tickets and am psyched to finally see NIN live after almost 20 years of being a fan! I usually don't go to shows, but I couldn't help myself ... I'm quite excited.

    Out of curiosity, will anyone be taping this show?
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 06-18-2013 at 01:40 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i orederd my tix right at 1pm in fear of them selling out. my conf. email came about 730 pm. i used a discover card. maybe it takes longer to authorize or something. amazingly, as of right now, 8am the next day, there are still ga presale tickets available. im completely shocked. i went to 4 lits shows and 3 wave goodbye shows and they all sold out in a matter of minutes.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got me a GA ticket. Still contemplating StL show the next day. Just need someone to split gas and hotel with. Even if someone from KC wanted to car pool to StL together and split a room there, that might work.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
    Got me a GA ticket. Still contemplating StL show the next day. Just need someone to split gas and hotel with. Even if someone from KC wanted to car pool to StL together and split a room there, that might work.
    count on me! i'm going for the first 3 shows...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sprint center presale begins tommorow (thursday the 20th) at 10 am. here is the link...

    https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopper...CI061913AEG001

    password is WISH

    copypasta link if needed
    https:// tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=f9d2650d-446b-43a0-bfee-01457767d565&skin=sprintcenter&src=AEGSPRI_CKROKMC I061913AEG001

    just remove the space after https://
    Last edited by austin420; 06-19-2013 at 11:15 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,735
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Gaaaah. I'm really hoping the Sprint Center pre-sale won't wipe out the rest of the GA tickets. I'm sure that it won't, but you never know. I'm banking on being able to get a GA ticket, but I'll settle for whatever I can get. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I ended up buying a cheaper seat.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you know what pisses me off?


    that big grey section below 106 that would be 97 dollar tickets is reserved for the sprint center "founders club" aka corporate donators and big wigs. they wont even sell those seats to the public even if they arent going to be used. every show ive ever gone to at the sprint center had that entire section be empty.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm curious about that, in the NIN presale I opted for reserved seating and ended up with section 106 row 2. I wonder if it will be the actual row 2, or if row 1 begins halfway up section 106 as it may seem on the map.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, I think that large gray spot under 106 is what NIN used for their presale. I just went to try and get a $75 ticket, but after seeing $18 in "convenience" fees I think I'll walk down there tomorrow (I work about two blocks away) and buy one. Then I can go see ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of the Dead in July.



    Quote Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
    you know what pisses me off?


    that big grey section below 106 that would be 97 dollar tickets is reserved for the sprint center "founders club" aka corporate donators and big wigs. they wont even sell those seats to the public even if they arent going to be used. every show ive ever gone to at the sprint center had that entire section be empty.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not trying to go OT here, but following up on the potential AVOTT, Closure or AAISAD at a local theater. So far I've had four folks here express interest. I'll need about 38+ (even more would be AMAZING!) to make this a reality. Without keeping you all in suspense the theater in question is the Alamo Drafthouse which is a few blocks away from the Sprint Center. Trust me when I say a couple of dedicated Nails fans are in the right place to make this happen, @richardp could vouch for this. Thing is I have to have a crowd worth doing it for.

    I know I'm being pretty early with this but we book things three months out. Thus I need to make sure there is a want/demand for this sort of thing before I miss the window of opportunity to make it a reality.

    That said...even if this screening doesn't work out I'm totally game to meet up with some fellow ETS'ers the night before the show and hit Westport, 403 Club (nice little pinball pub in nearby KCK) or potentially another venue to swap NIN tour stories and just put faces with names. I've made a lot of amazing, talented, life long friends thanks to my fandom of this band.

    Ninja edit: I'm really open to any video content in general for the main show. So AATCHB, Beside You In Time, all are on the table. If there is the interest I'll likely get a poll going in a separate thread...errrr something.
    Last edited by JohninKC; 06-20-2013 at 04:02 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,983
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninKC View Post
    Not trying to go OT here, but following up on the potential AVOTT, Closure or AAISAD at a local theater. So far I've had four folks here express interest. I'll need about 38+ (even more would be AMAZING!) to make this a reality. Without keeping you all in suspense the theater in question is the Alamo Drafthouse which is a few blocks away from the Sprint Center. Trust me when I say a couple of dedicated Nails fans are in the right place to make this happen, @richardp could vouch for this. Thing is I have to have a crowd worth doing it for.

    I know I'm being pretty early with this but we book things three months out. Thus I need to make sure there is a want/demand for this sort of thing before I miss the window of opportunity to make it a reality.

    That said...even if this screening doesn't work out I'm totally game to meet up with some fellow ETS'ers the night before the show and hit Westport, 403 Club (nice little pinball pub in nearby KCK) or potentially another venue to swap NIN tour stories and just put faces with names. I've made a lot of amazing, talented, life long friends thanks to my fandom of this band.
    This man speaks the truth, guys. The Drafthouse already showed AVOTT in early may for the Middle Of The Map Film festival, something which happened purely out of a joking "what-if" conversation between John and I around Coachella, and that showing was SOLD OUT.

    So this can absolutely happen.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,735
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That hurt, but I have a feeling it'll be completely worth it. I just went with Level C. A guy's gotta eat and pay bills. Just gotta sit tight and stash my money away for merch!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    This man speaks the truth, guys. The Drafthouse already showed AVOTT in early may for the Middle Of The Map Film festival, something which happened purely out of a joking "what-if" conversation between John and I around Coachella, and that showing was SOLD OUT.

    So this can absolutely happen.

    I think Closure would be awesome. Especially for the Robin singing Zappa part. I think there'd be interest.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I walked down to Sprint Center this morning. I'm in Section 106 Row 16 Seat 1. I'll see you all in September.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninKC View Post
    Not trying to go OT here, but following up on the potential AVOTT, Closure or AAISAD at a local theater. So far I've had four folks here express interest. I'll need about 38+ (even more would be AMAZING!) to make this a reality. Without keeping you all in suspense the theater in question is the Alamo Drafthouse which is a few blocks away from the Sprint Center. Trust me when I say a couple of dedicated Nails fans are in the right place to make this happen, @richardp could vouch for this. Thing is I have to have a crowd worth doing it for.

    I know I'm being pretty early with this but we book things three months out. Thus I need to make sure there is a want/demand for this sort of thing before I miss the window of opportunity to make it a reality.

    That said...even if this screening doesn't work out I'm totally game to meet up with some fellow ETS'ers the night before the show and hit Westport, 403 Club (nice little pinball pub in nearby KCK) or potentially another venue to swap NIN tour stories and just put faces with names. I've made a lot of amazing, talented, life long friends thanks to my fandom of this band.

    Ninja edit: I'm really open to any video content in general for the main show. So AATCHB, Beside You In Time, all are on the table. If there is the interest I'll likely get a poll going in a separate thread...errrr something.
    Sounds like my lady and I can make it after all. I didnt want to say yes or no until we knew for sure but we decided that we can afford to come up the night before so we can get in line early... gotta get a fence spot! It would be really cool to see some NIN in a theater, so if it works out we will for sure be there!

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had an assignment to make an event poster for my Vector 1 class. I chose to make one for this show and it actually turned out pretty decent! I figured I would share it here and let you guys have a look. I was thinking about maybe trying to get it to Rob to see what he thinks of it... just not sure of the best method. I jokingly said it to my teacher and said that I should, so I figure it is worth a go.


  19. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,549
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
    After looking at ticket prices for other cities/venues I'd say the ticket prices have the potential to be higher than previous shows. Most seem to have two tiers of pricing. Somewhere around $50 and then nearing $100 per ticket. Makes me wonder what GA floor will be. This may very well be the only show I get to see on this tour if I have to pay $100 for a decent ticket.

    Anyway, as stated in the subject, I'll be coming from Omaha, NE. If anyone in the area (or passing through) would like to car pool and maybe split a room let me know. I am considering moving on to St Louis as well if anyone is interested in that. That would be much more likely with someone to split gas and such with for two shows.

    I might be down for this! I've been wanting/thinking about going to the St. Louis show as well. But I didn't think anyone would be up for going to two with me.

    I also might have a presale KC ticket available. The original person who I was going with can no longer attend. And I have a friend who is a "maybe" as of now.

    *Edit*
    I'm also in Omaha...

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burlingame, Kansas
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninKC View Post
    Just throwing this out...NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN, but feeling it out. IF a nearby theater (think two blocks from the Sprint Center) were to show say Closure, or perhaps AVOTT on a big screen the night before the show as a bit of a pre-show day celebration would anyone be interested in attending?

    NOTE: This is all VERY hypothetical at this point, but it could happen if the support was there.
    Would have been awesome if NIN was playing at would be theater instead of Sprint Center...even if he had to play 3 or 4 nights in a row...he would sell out every night.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    971
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    I had an assignment to make an event poster for my Vector 1 class. I chose to make one for this show and it actually turned out pretty decent! I figured I would share it here and let you guys have a look. I was thinking about maybe trying to get it to Rob to see what he thinks of it... just not sure of the best method. I jokingly said it to my teacher and said that I should, so I figure it is worth a go.

    look here:http://tmblr.co/ZW-7vsrfxlRX

    this is what they should look like

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,549
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    I for sure have a presale ticket available now... For cost. My friend can't make it now. Don't care! Still going alone! lol

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,599
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    look here:http://tmblr.co/ZW-7vsrfxlRX

    this is what they should look like
    That was rude...

    <------ can't facepalm

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    971
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    That was rude...

    <------ can't facepalm
    he asked for some constructive criticism, i showed him how it could be done better. whatever man!

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    he asked for some constructive criticism, i showed him how it could be done better. whatever man!
    Did I? I had asked for it a while back when the assignment was still being worked on... however, I am pretty sure I even said in the quoted post that I posted it on ets so you guys can have a look and never mentioned wanting a critique from anyone other than Rob. Either way though, not sure you understand what constructive criticism is all about. Your reply was neither constructive nor a critique in any form. It was more of a snide comment and a link to a professional's work, that just happened to be for another NIN show. The last thing I would like to point out is that the poster you referenced is made from a picture of a piece of physical art, mainly going to be used for web promos and advertisement, while my poster is 100% vector and made under the concept of being an official silk screened show poster. Im not looking to continue this conversation but did feel the need to agree with Krazy and say in my own words... yeah... That was rude...

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    971
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    cool, wow, sorry

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,599
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    I had an assignment to make an event poster for my Vector 1 class. I chose to make one for this show and it actually turned out pretty decent! I figured I would share it here and let you guys have a look. I was thinking about maybe trying to get it to Rob to see what he thinks of it... just not sure of the best method. I jokingly said it to my teacher and said that I should, so I figure it is worth a go.


    (smash it apart...) Just for the fuck of it- you try tweeting it to him? Not sure why I just thought of this now but that would be your best bet for him to see it. They probably lurk here from time to time just not every thread. (could be wrong about that though too)

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    (smash it apart...) Just for the fuck of it- you try tweeting it to him? Not sure why I just thought of this now but that would be your best bet for him to see it. They probably lurk here from time to time just not every thread. (could be wrong about that though too)
    My lady said she tweeted it to him, but I have no idea how twitter works, lol. She sent it around the first festival date so I figure it probably got lost in the flood of compliments. Not sure if there is a twitter etiquette, so I didnt want to resend it and appear rude just in case he did see it and just did care. Thanks for the thought though, feel free to tweet him a link if you feel up to it .

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,549
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Anyone know anyone who would be interested in purchasing a presale ticket?

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of catching this show as well as St. Louis. Anyone up for a road trip? I don't live in KC so I was just planning on renting a car but if you've got a car I've got plenty of gas and dinner money!

Posting Permissions