Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.28 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    XCel is a really good venue. It was built with concerts in mind. I saw NIN there back in 2005 (I was on the floor for that one. I remember some dudes crowd-surfing on a large floor tile during QOTSA's set. Thankfully it was put back in place rather promptly since it exposed ice due to NHL preseason being underway. Think of the lawsuits that could have ensued.). I also saw—don't laugh—Lady Gaga there in 2010 (I was up in the nosebleeds for that one but I had a good view and she utilized monitors so people could see some of the action better. She does put on a great live performance, I will admit.).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm laughing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    XCel is a really good venue. It was built with concerts in mind. I saw NIN there back in 2005 (I was on the floor for that one. I remember some dudes crowd-surfing on a large floor tile during QOTSA's set. Thankfully it was put back in place rather promptly since it exposed ice due to NHL preseason being underway. Think of the lawsuits that could have ensued.). I also saw—don't laugh—Lady Gaga there in 2010 (I was up in the nosebleeds for that one but I had a good view and she utilized monitors so people could see some of the action better. She does put on a great live performance, I will admit.).
    I will agree with you. As far as sound quality goes, Xcel has the best sound over all the other arenas in MN. Have seen many shows there from NIN to Tool, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, MN Wild games. I also saw-don't laugh-Bob the Builder there years back.

I can remember them ripping the board up off the ice and crowd surfing. Not the first time that has been done at the Xcel. In fact, we made it popular back at Tool Lateralus tour.

Point being, if you are coming from out of state to see a show, make it one at the Xcel. Hands down best in MN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree re: excel. I was at the 2005 NIN show there, and then this year (my mom made me go to) Pink. It's a good space for the visuals.

I got my two GA tix through the presale, but am looking for a third if anyone is willing to let one go, preferably for face value. Is that an unspoken rule on ETS? I'm used to the old nin.com forum rules for the final club tour, for which only face value sales were allowed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I too recall the floor tile surfing dudes! Looking pretty bleak for funds coming up but i may have to try and see if i can find a way to make this show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Whatever you do, don't buy tickets through a reseller or scalper. Trent hates them with a fiery passion—and so do I—and you might be ripped off. You're better off not going than paying $500 for a $38 ticket.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mooseknuckle?!?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Does anyone happen to have an extra GA ticket available that they'd be willing to part with, btw? For various reasons I just couldn't justify spending the money at the time when they went on sale, but now that things have evened out a bit, it'd be nice to get in. There are still seats available in the venue, of course, but I really cringe at the thought of being stuck in a seat for a NIN show.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've seen nin 3 times now, two of which were GA/Pit shows, and one seated and to be totally honest, I preferred the seat. I could relax and just watch the show without the fear of people squashing the merch I'll always inevitably buy. That said, I'll be at this show, but somehow I have this sneaking suspicion that the seats we have are going to not be so good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Does anyone happen to have an extra GA ticket available that they'd be willing to part with, btw? For various reasons I just couldn't justify spending the money at the time when they went on sale, but now that things have evened out a bit, it'd be nice to get in. There are still seats available in the venue, of course, but I really cringe at the thought of being stuck in a seat for a NIN show.
    Hi, i have an extra ticket but i'm going to pick up both (mine and the other) the day of the show... PM me

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Five. Fucking. Weeks.

Hopefully this tour meets or exceeds my expectations, I'd have to hit one of the other shows shortly after (possibly Detroit) since I've got vacation days I still need to burn.

<------ bored on a Saturday night.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Five. Fucking. Weeks.

Hopefully this tour meets or exceeds my expectations, I'd have to hit one of the other shows shortly after (possibly Detroit) since I've got vacation days I still need to burn.
    See you there! There will be a bunch of us at this show. For your vacation days... Vegas double-shot is going to be fantastic. Lots of cool folks will be there too.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    See you there! There will be a bunch of us at this show. For your vacation days... Vegas double-shot is going to be fantastic. Lots of cool folks will be there too.
    - Lollapalooza
    - St. Paul
    - Phoenix
    - Vegas (Saturday show only as of right now)

I'm gonna see how the first show goes. Someone posted in here a couple months ago seeing a band too many times for the same tour kind of wears on you and don't appreciate it that much- as much as I love live NIN I'd agree with that statement.

See you there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2013.09.28 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center

We should get together to play NIN-Stalking!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, me and the wife are going up for this show from Omaha, NE so if any of you guys are getting together we should meet up.

NIN show number six for me baby! Let's do it!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ok seriously, who else is taping this show besides me? I can't be the only one.

edit: as for my audio, ill be dropboxing it when i get home, and probably submitting it to ritc as well.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-25-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For all who are interested my band Fallen Empire is going to throw a NIN pre-party at our studio space in Minneapolis on Friday the 27th. Our studio is located in a factory just north of downtown. We'll be drinking, we'll be talking about NIN, and we'll be playing some music. This is what we sound like:

https://soundcloud.com/lextron6k/set...e-lp01/s-fbQYo

Shoot me a PM for more details, or look us up on Facebook. I definitely hope to see some EIS folk there!

https://www.facebook.com/fallenempiremusic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    For all who are interested my band Fallen Empire is going to throw a NIN pre-party at our studio space in Minneapolis on Friday the 27th. Our studio is located in a factory just north of downtown. We'll be drinking, we'll be talking about NIN, and we'll be playing some music. This is what we sound like:

https://soundcloud.com/lextron6k/set...e-lp01/s-fbQYo

Shoot me a PM for more details, or look us up on Facebook. I definitely hope to see some EIS folk there!

https://www.facebook.com/fallenempiremusic
    If I can convince the significant other, we will be there.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    You already know the wife and I are in. And you also mentioned a pre-Saul party?

EIS = Epidemic Intelligence Service?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yup. More just a hang out at the studio pre-Saul, and I guess more just a studio hang out pre-NIN as well. We'll drink some beers, talk some NIN, and Fallen Empire will bang out some jams.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ok guys, there's only 3 weeks left, let's get organize, anyone who's going for the first 3 (St. Paul, Kansas City & St. Louis)? i am.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

Heading to the show for the weekend, coming in on Friday. I've only been to Minneapolis once before, anything I should check out? I'm looking for more the local picks (cool clubs, eats, shops, stuff like that) not the touristy stuff. Any cool music/vinyl stores in the area?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Record shops in Minneapolis/St Paul worth checking out:

Minneapolis
    Cheapo/Applause - Lake St. Also a location in St Paul on Snelling.
    Electric Fetus - Franklin Ave.
    Extreme Noise - Lake St.
    Hymie's Vintage - has some cool stuff but quiet like a library, not your normal record store.
    Know Name Records - Portland Ave
    Roadrunner Records - Nicollet Ave.
    Treehouse Records - Lyndale Ave. Uptown Minneapolis is a very fun and cool place. Cheapo, Extreme Noise, and Treehouse are all pretty close to each other. Bring a GPS.

Cheapo shops are pretty good as they are right in college towns and are fairly large. It you want to travel outside of the twin cities a bit I suggest Down in the Valley in Maple Grove or Golden Valley.

You want the best eats? It is not necessarily "eat when you come to MN food", but Fogo De Chao is by far the best I have had in Minneapolis. $50 a plate but magnifique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2013.09.28 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center

Definitely go to Cheapo; it is huge. Spent a whole day there last time I was over in Minneapolis (I've got a tonne of NIN stuff on hold to have a look through when I get back over this November).

I would second Fogo de Chao also. Best meal ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone. I've been a lurker for ages but finally joined ETS after completely losing my shit over how much I love the new album. I live in Chicago and wasn't able to see them at Lolla so I decided to buy a flight to Minneapolis for the opening of Tension since Trent hasn't made any plans to bring it to Chicago. Problem is I don't have a ticket to the show yet. I've checked eBay and Craigslist and what's left on TM but decided it might be best to just ask you guys here since I'd feel better about it being real fans and not just asshole scalpers. SO... Anyone have an extra ticket to the show?? Lol
    **nevermind! Just got killer seats from ticketmaster!
    Last edited by G8RGÜD; 09-09-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunn13 View Post
    Definitely go to Cheapo; it is huge. Spent a whole day there last time I was over in Minneapolis (I've got a tonne of NIN stuff on hold to have a look through when I get back over this November).

I would second Fogo de Chao also. Best meal ever.
    Don't bother going to Cheapo if you are looking for NIN stuff now, I have that place on lock-down. Anything you see on the shelves pass through my hands first. Still lots and lots of other good stuff though.

Fogo is the only steakhouse I have ever been to that offers churrascaria Brazilian cooking. Best I have ever had.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Don't bother going to Cheapo if you are looking for NIN stuff now, I have that place on lock-down. Anything you see on the shelves pass through my hands first. Still lots and lots of other good stuff though.

Fogo is the only steakhouse I have ever been to that offers churrascaria Brazilian cooking. Best I have ever had.
    hahahaha, you're like the Al Capone of nerdy nine inch nails dorks.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, in case anyone is interested, ticketmaster has incredible seats available right now for this show. I just got sec 116 row 5!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Hey guys,

Heading to the show for the weekend, coming in on Friday. I've only been to Minneapolis once before, anything I should check out? I'm looking for more the local picks (cool clubs, eats, shops, stuff like that) not the touristy stuff. Any cool music/vinyl stores in the area?
    Lots of nice parks in Minneapolis and St. Paul. I recommend Minnehaha Park and the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis and Como Park in St. Paul. For museums there's the Science Museum in St. Paul and the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. For good local eats I like Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis. My brother really likes Masu in Northeast Minneapolis if Japanese food is your thing. Lots of good restaurants around the area, really. If you're into sports, the Minnesota Twins are playing their final games of the season the same weekend NIN is in town. Target Field is one of the best ballparks in the country.

And yes, it's totally touristy, but if you haven't been to the Mall of America, I suggest you go so that you can at least say you've been there. Locals do shop there but it does attract more out-of-town and out-of-country visitors. (Lots of Canadians, Chinese, and Indian visitors there.) There's no sales tax on clothing in Minnesota so if you're coming from a state or country that does charge tax on clothing this is a good place to update your wardrobe. (I see lots of Wisconsin license plates in the ramps in August, so you know that the Sconnies would rather drive into Minnesota and not have to pay tax on clothing than load up at their local Target.)