Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Yeah... because only angsty youngsters deal with depression and suicide. Being a married adult with kids disqualifies you from all that.
    I didn't say that, but I would hope he isn't in that place. It would be quite sad to know Trent is in that place, when he's always said they he had been in a good place for a long time now.

essentially, nin has been about progression, both musically and subject matter, so I'd hope for something that yet again, breaks all boundaries and expectations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Am I the only one in the uk thinking I'll wait till monday to buy it and hope tht it gets higher in the charts? Maybe get a bit more airplay?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^
    is it even really 'out' in the UK as such, I haven't seen it on iTunes. I downloaded it due to buying the deluxe CD from NIN.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

I looked it up on iTunes through my fone, it is there and sitting about 116 in the charts, pretty sure when THTF came out did it not place 2nd to the rhcp by the way?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    finally heard it on sirius octane. i took the long way home and hit rewind four times

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah it's on spotify and amazon uk

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    it's hard to describe how i feel about the song today ...

almost hungover. as in, i don't want to hear it again for, like, weeks. or ever.

the lyrics are embarrassingly bad (no surprise), but the beats and arrangement are just too damn good and i TOTALLY overindulged.

whatevs. i pre-ordered the album, will be at the pdx show. for now, *shrug*.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm laughing at people on a certain site who are complaining and bitching about the mastering. "Oh my god, it's brickwalled! There are no dynamics!" I can't help but shake my head at the ridiculousness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm laughing at people on a certain site who are complaining and bitching about the mastering. "Oh my god, it's brickwalled! There are no dynamics!" I can't help but shake my head at the ridiculousness.
    I follow a lot of sports and the criticism in music aligns quite nicely to the couch GMs who think that A) they know better than professionals, and B) think what they want is what everyone else feels as well.

I'm backing off the track for a bit, I like the song but can tell I will be fatigued of it shortly if I don't pace myself. It's not a lights out song for me but it definitely works as a first single moreso than THTF/Survalism/Displine ever did (FOR ME).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    That's a good indication that people aren't listening to in loud enough. I'm serious. The dynamic range of the ear is pretty wide, listening to the music too softly compresses a lot of the subtleties to mud.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    it's hard to describe how i feel about the song today ...

almost hungover. as in, i don't want to hear it again for, like, weeks. or ever.

the lyrics are embarrassingly bad (no surprise), but the beats and arrangement are just too damn good and i TOTALLY overindulged.

whatevs. i pre-ordered the album, will be at the pdx show. for now, *shrug*.
    It's amazing to me, how a guy, who's capable of producing albums like The Fragile, can't come up with decent lyrics for the most part. I guess, it's part of the experience though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but to me, the song actually sounds like a continuation of the style that began with EP1 by HTDA. i feel like the energy and direction of that music ended up here, and i'm glad for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but to me, the song actually sounds like a continuation of the style that began with EP1 by HTDA. i feel like the energy and direction of that music ended up here, and i'm glad for that.
    yep, i keep thinking of BBB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    yep, i keep thinking of BBB
    Whoa, whoa. Don't slag the song off in that fashion.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. i think it's a good thing. i love BBB and every other song on the first HTDA EP, so i'm glad i'm hearing that energy in this new song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    finally heard it on sirius octane. i took the long way home and hit rewind four times

I have that same player - you need a wired audio connection! You're cheating yourself w the FM transmitter believe me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Crucify me at will, but BBB is miles better better than this song. Then again, I might be biased because I have a thing for sexy grooves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    After a handful of listens, under ten or so, I find that I am digging the song. I'm not going to nitpick @ it, as that has been done ad nauseam already. I will say though that to me, CBH feels like it falls squarely as a transition (musically and to an extent rhythmically) track between With_Teeth and Year Zero.

Just my two centavos.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I've only listened to this song a handful of times, but it has completely infiltrated my brain. The song keeps playing in my head all day, and I keep wanting to sing out, "I came back, came back haunted".
    +1 - I was at work, and any time I didn't have to 'really' think, all I could hear was that sexy little bass synth intro. Cos, I was jazzed by it, and it was on my phone, I got other office folks to listen to it. Surprisingly high hit rate in the world of finance!

Trent, retire!! Or get edgy again...(I'm sure it's coming)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    It's amazing to me, how a guy, who's capable of producing albums like The Fragile, can't come up with decent lyrics for the most part. I guess, it's part of the experience though.
    i guess ...

and 'the fragile' had some nauseating stuff ... "BLEEDING NEEDING EXCEEDING FEEDING ..."

and have at it, purists who wanna correct that awesome alliteration.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i have a what.cd account as well

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    I looked it up on iTunes through my fone, it is there and sitting about 116 in the charts, pretty sure when THTF came out did it not place 2nd to the rhcp by the way?
    seeing as THTF came out in 2005 and by the way in 2002, i dont think so

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Crucify me at will, but BBB is miles better better than this song. Then again, I might be biased because I have a thing for sexy grooves.
    In terms of texture, comparing BBB to CBH is like comparing a ball of string to chain mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gonna be honest here: IMO, it's an okay track but I'm really having a hard time understanding what everyone else is hearing that's making them blow their load like this is the greatest thing ever. Sure, it's always exciting whenever there's new NIN released (especially when it's unexpected like this), but just taking CBH as a new single at face value....*shrug*.

Maybe it's the super rhyme-y lyric delivery?

...wiiiiide
    ...siiiiiide

...seeee
    ...meee

...black
    ...back

It just seems so stiff, clunky and awkward. And the music sounds like a re-hash of just about everything he's done in the past nine years with the same production tricks, right down to the abrupt ending of songs on a single word (ie: 'Getting Smaller', 'The Warning', etc). The groove feels weird and the drums sound like a casio keyboard factory preset.

Hell, I don't know. I don't DIS-like it, I'm just not hearing what everyone else is, apparently. That said, opinions are like assholes and this is one is mine. Fuck it. But I do love me some NIN and eagerly await the album even if this single hasn't gotten me all that pumped up for it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I have to agree in so many ways. That ep has grown oj me a bunch. And i feel like sonically it sets itself apart, whereas this thing just doesnt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm.. i'm not able to find it on spotify. I've searched through the NIN tracks and searched the song itself. Couldn't find anything.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
    I have that same player - you need a wired audio connection! You're cheating yourself w the FM transmitter believe me.
    i dont have an aux input, unless i install it after taking the stereo out of the dashboard

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    are those the official lyrics or are they transcribed by ear?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm on the nay boat eventhough I see where the yay people are coming from.

Cannot get over the cheesy vocals, especially "hau hau haunted"..... -_- Musically, it's catchy, sure. But am not a fan of the new poppy tracks.

Hopefully the album provides better tracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    i dont have an aux input, unless i install it after taking the stereo out of the dashboard
    You don't need an aux input, you can get a kit that installs into the antenna port on the back of the factory radio.