Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1360

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

This song isn't for existing fans. This song is for casual and new listeners. Just thought I'd throw that opinion out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    This song isn't for existing fans. This song is for casual and new listeners.
    Well, considering the fact that Trent didn't want this song to be the lead single, it hasn't intentionally been written as a 'radio song' for new listeners.

I keep reading about the 'decent stereo' thing...
    From Pretty Hate Machine to The Slip, you didn't need drug abuse or hi-def ultra-stereo to enjoy Trent's music.
    Terrible Lie, Ruiner or The Great Destroyer sound extraordinary even on a 240p Youtube video coming out of Iphone's speakers.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This song has been the only new song for too long. Need more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    This song is soooo good after too much wine and vodka. FUCK YOU HATERS.
    you can drink those together?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    Terrible Lie, Ruiner or The Great Destroyer sound extraordinary even on a 240p Youtube video coming out of Iphone's speakers.
    NOTHING sounds good on a 240p youtube rip coming out of an iPhone's speaker (there's only one speaker).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    This song isn't for existing fans. This song is for casual and new listeners. Just thought I'd throw that opinion out there
    Nope. This song is awesome.

Read : I am an existing fan and I do believe, in my personal opinion, that it's an awesome song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post

Read : I am an existing fan and I do believe, in my personal opinion, that it's an awesome song.

Been a fan since PHM came out and I like CBH as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Ditto to that statement about. Trent made a mash up of himself for CBH. Love every minute of it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    you can drink those together?
    *shrug* I'm fairly new to this whole alcohol concept, but yes. Whipped cream vodka is delicious in sweetish wines!

That said, the song is no less amazing sober. Been a fan for around two decades now, get outta here with that "for the new fans" boe sheet.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm thinking that HM will be much the same, since he said that he was writing a bunch of songs
    that sound like a culmination of everything nine inch nails has been, and eventually it was an album..
    So, I guess if you don't like CBH, you probably aren't going to like the rest of the record. Oops!

*pulls out umbrella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking that HM will be much the same, since he said that he was writing a bunch of songs
    that sound like a culmination of everything nine inch nails has been, and eventually it was an album..
    So, I guess if you don't like CBH, you probably aren't going to like the rest of the record. Oops!

*pulls out umbrella
    Well if this is so, then there will probably only be two maybe three solid tracks that sound more meaty to me than the rest. That's my perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The novelty's worn off and I find myself indifferent to the song now. Bah humbug. I probably won't listen to it again until September, which is fine, because I'm sure it'll sound much better in context - the singles always do.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I actually very much enjoy it now, I'm just hoping for something more challenging for the rest of the album.
    Trying to keep my mind open, but the more info we get, the less I'm inclined to think it's gonna be a game changer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what makes this an awesome song? please explain.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Oh excitement, a new post in the "Came Back Haunted" thread! Let's see:

Oh it's that guy who has confessed he doesn't actually like this song at all, and yet continues to post here! How frustrating!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

It's most likely that the music gets to him in a way that makes him feel good.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How many times have you been told how annoying you are when your posts contribute literally nothing and all you can do is talk shit about the single?

I'll be honest, I've only spun the track periodically since the first few days after its release, but I always do that. I can't listen to a single repeatedly for several weeks on end. Can't wait to hear it in the context of the album, though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    what makes this an awesome song [to you]? please explain.
    My mum warned me not to get into cars with trolls, but alrighty. Funky bassline, foot-tapping tempo, dense mix filled with cool shit that rewards an attentive ear, power and urgency through the chorus, resonant themes, and it's Trent. Trent is good.
    All "in my opinion", of course. I'm sure there's someone out there for whom this is indistinguishable from Oops I Did It Again.
    (...I played with your heart. And lost in the game. Ooh babay babay. Goddamnit, I'm going to have it stuck in my head all day now.)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The only thing that isn't awesome about this song is the haw haw haunted opening.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    The only thing that isn't awesome about this song is the haw haw haunted opening.
    you know, i'm going to second that. it should just start with the beat. other than that, i quite enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    My mum warned me not to get into cars with trolls, but alrighty. Funky bassline, foot-tapping tempo, dense mix filled with cool shit that rewards an attentive ear, power and urgency through the chorus, resonant themes, and it's Trent. Trent is good.
    All "in my opinion", of course. I'm sure there's someone out there for whom this is indistinguishable from Oops I Did It Again.
    (...I played with your heart. And lost in the game. Ooh babay babay. Goddamnit, I'm going to have it stuck in my head all day now.)
    Thanks for taking the time in explaining your reason for liking this song. still waiting to hear from PhoenixML .

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I've listened to the song three times since it's come out.

I think that about summarizes my current feelings.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I've listened to the song three times since it's come out.
    Me too, but that's because I don't want Came Back Haunted to be the one song I always skip on the album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for taking the time in explaining your reason for liking this song. still waiting to hear from PhoenixML .
    soon

(with minimum 10 characters)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is nowhere near my favourite track he's ever made but I like it all the same. It doesn't do anything spectacular in my eyes but it is incredibly catchy. At any rate, wheres this damned video? Very curious to see what David Lynch has cooked up

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Is 'ZeroIsGreg' the same guy that was bitching in the CBH video thread about what kind of camera Lynch was using in the still photos?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Is 'ZeroIsGreg' the same guy that was bitching in the CBH video thread about what kind of camera Lynch was using in the still photos?
    no, but he's been combative and asinine about other things. you're thinking of hurtinminorkey.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Why do I love this new song?

The quick answer would be what GibbonBlack said : "It's most likely that the music gets to him in a way that makes him feel good."
    (thank you btw for putting it so perfectly)

Long-ass answer :
    I always find it difficult to explain why I think one song or one album to be "awesome" to someone else. I like it and there's a chance you might not but it won't change my opinion and I won't try to force it down your throat cause I don't think it would actually help.

Why do I love NIN? I don't know. I used to listen to Deftones, Korn, Linkin Park and on a softer side, Travis, Coldplay and Radiohead. NIN is an anomaly to me and for some reason became my favorite band/artist I couldn't get enough of. Most of the time, I feel that it's not one particualr song that is geat, but rather the whole album that makes them oh so great as a whole. If you take Vessel alone, or even Survivalism, I won't think they're great. But Year Zero is a good album!

I'm one of the few who's favorite NIN album is With Teeth. I don't think it his best work, but simply the one I can listen more. Although it changes from time to time. The Fragile is the most epic, and The Downward Spiral is the most important one. But they both are a little "heavy" (weight) to listen to everyday regardless of the mood you are in.

I find Came Back Haunted to be better than The Hand That Feeds, Only and Discipline. The chorus is the best part, it's the sound, it's the energy, the beat, that synth-ish loud noise in the back (hard to explain, reminds me of the chorus of Smashing Pumpkins' Everlasting Gaze), the build up, that "solo" that gets you even more into it, and when you think it's the end, Trent gives us a great outro that keeps going. I don't mind it's not soul searching, very dark or very electro/weird/industrial. It's just plain old good.

It's more "pop", but VERY FAR from Coldplay, Nickelback, Simple Plan or One Direction. It's not THAT easy listen.

But I totally understand why another NIN fan would hate it and they have the right to express their opinion. But not tell the others they shouldn't like it (I'm not saying someone did).
    Last edited by PhoenixML; 06-28-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The quick answer would be what GibbonBlack said : "It's most likely that the music gets to him in a way that makes him feel good."
    (thank you btw for putting it so perfectly)
    Anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To phoenix:

You shouldn't have taken so much time to reply him, I find his messages quite rude and stupid.