Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1360

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    If Trent had written this song in 1998 and included it on the Fragile as the first single, fans and critics alike back then would have been shitting their pants in unison over the "groundbreaking, futuristic sound" that "Trent had sculpted".

As it stands, I hope that what he says is true, that this is the only song on the album that sounds anything like his past work.
    Apparently the studio latched onto this song and requested to release it as the lead single for that reason, so it is likely true.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This song is going to be SO DOPE live. That chorus is going to be insane. So epic and LOUD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Why do I love this new song?

The quick answer would be what GibbonBlack said : "It's most likely that the music gets to him in a way that makes him feel good."
    (thank you btw for putting it so perfectly)

Long-ass answer :
    I always find it difficult to explain why I think one song or one album to be "awesome" to someone else. I like it and there's a chance you might not but it won't change my opinion and I won't try to force it down your throat cause I don't think it would actually help.

Why do I love NIN? I don't know. I used to listen to Deftones, Korn, Linkin Park and on a softer side, Travis, Coldplay and Radiohead. NIN is an anomaly to me and for some reason became my favorite band/artist I couldn't get enough of. Most of the time, I feel that it's not one particualr song that is geat, but rather the whole album that makes them oh so great as a whole. If you take Vessel alone, or even Survivalism, I won't think they're great. But Year Zero is a good album!

I'm one of the few who's favorite NIN album is With Teeth. I don't think it his best work, but simply the one I can listen more. Although it changes from time to time. The Fragile is the most epic, and The Downward Spiral is the most important one. But they both are a little "heavy" (weight) to listen to everyday regardless of the mood you are in.

I find Came Back Haunted to be better than The Hand That Feeds, Only and Discipline. The chorus is the best part, it's the sound, it's the energy, the beat, that synth-ish loud noise in the back (hard to explain, reminds me of the chorus of Smashing Pumpkins' Everlasting Gaze), the build up, that "solo" that gets you even more into it, and when you think it's the end, Trent gives us a great outro that keeps going. I don't mind it's not soul searching, very dark or very electro/weird/industrial. It's just plain old good.

It's more "pop", but VERY FAR from Coldplay, Nickelback, Simple Plan or One Direction. It's not THAT easy listen.

But I totally understand why another NIN fan would hate it and they have the right to express their opinion. But not tell the others they shouldn't like it (I'm not saying someone did).
    Thanks very much for taking the time in explaining why you like CBH. To better explain why It doesn't grab me, I'd say that there is an expectation built up over the years and I'm looking for something more gritty, grinding, hard-edged. I suppose I may not have grown with the artist or something. I'm coming from albums like Broken, The downward Spiral, The Fragile, aWithaTeetha, and even The Slip. Have a good one.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    I just imagined TR sitting with his iPad on his porch, grinning from ear to ear reading the feedback here, going "Who's a pussy whipped swarmatron-junky NOW, suckas?"
    this is the worst thing i read in the whole thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    This song is going to be SO DOPE live. That chorus is going to be insane. So epic and LOUD.
    (After Fuji Rock Festival live webcast) How right you were, littlemonkey613!

I absolutely disliked the song when I first heard it. I thought it was like stale incense, old sweat. But hearing it live, WOW, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE CROWD.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent Reznor: did Ghosts, came back haunted
    Had to bump this thread for this excellent post.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent Reznor: did Ghosts, came back haunted
    Will you have something as witty as this to say for the next single? I hope so.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Will you have something as witty as this to say for the next single? I hope so.
    I really hope it's called "I like dicks" because I've got great jokes for that

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I HATE dicks?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    la fin du monde