Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh shit I hope artwork and details come out today as well! or maybe tomorrow. AAAHH exciting!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I feel we'll be getting some goodies in between, in the meantime.

doubt it, considering the album is halo 28

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hesitation Marks? that's kinda a dark title. Suddenly this all feels very official and exciting, a new album and tour just like the good ol' days. Something tells me this will leak or Trent will stream it in mid-to-late August, similar to what happened with Welcome Oblivion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails, "Came Back Haunted" - Hesitation Marks (2013)

Looks so legit. Super excited!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

I don't actually have a family to go home to on holidays (something for which I'm sometimes sort of grateful), but lurking all over ETS in the past two days feels, I imagine, something like returning as an adult to Thsnksgiving dinner.

Uncle Abe is still racist, grandma is pretending her hearing aid is on, the middle sister is still the only level headed one, there are twice as many little kids and they are all running around making no sense and just generally bring jerks. Dad only pops in to remind everyone that no one is too old for his belt. Et cetera.

Oh, ETS. I love that the more you change, the more you stay the same. It's like June, 2008 again.

Now.

Someone in California go steal this track from the KROQ offices. Naturally, the first new non-cover, vocal NIN material in five years will be released shortly after I leave the country and have no way to access it for long enough that it's a bit maddening.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

"Hesitation Marks"?! After he admitted a new LP was on the way, I was thinking about 1999, 2005, 2006, and 2008—when I heard for the first time the titles "The Fragile," "With Teeth," "Year Zero," and "The Slip." They all sounded odd and discomfiting at first.

"Bleedthrough" was the only one that made me immediately giddy. Still a bit of a downer that it didn't see the light of day (Rob's cover art was killer). But I digress.

As usual, the title feels very not NIN-like right now. But "Hesitation Marks," as a phrase, is pretty exciting. I'm shitting with glee—literally. Well, I was. My wife just came to see if I was alright; I've been on my iPhone on the toilet for like thirty minutes now despite the fact that I could've left twenty-nine minutes ago. I am now thirty-two and I react the same way to new Nine Inch Nails as I would've when I was eighteen.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That album title is bad ass. I'm liking the implied themes of the single and album titles so far.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

this isn't as bad as when the Butt Fuck Parlor Time title leaked.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so i guess this track is not getting an official "single" release since it's not assigned a halo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    this isn't as bad as when the Butt Fuck Parlor Time title leaked.

Really though, cool title. No halo release before September seems a bit odd.
    Last edited by |mando|; 06-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    so i guess this track is not getting an official "single" release since it's not assigned a halo.
    I don't think official "single" releases exist in Trent's mind, any more. Rob said (talking about HTDA) that the singles would essentially be promotional only, without Sigil numbers. It harkens back to what Interscope would do with the single releases, and why they left a Halo number off of Capital G.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Didn't Trent say he'd not release any more "singles" as far back as 2007?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Discipline and Echoplex weren't Halos but we still got to hear them...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Same with In this Twilight, My Violent Heart and Me, Im Not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Didn't Trent say he'd not release any more "singles" as far back as 2007?

I know he expressed some disappointment as to what the singles became from a customer value standpoint, and something to the tune of Interscope just putting them out as basically a cash grab.

I can't imagine he would feel the same about singles pre-Fragile though (I recall the handling of WITT was when he started to have some doubts). Not true singles, but that's why NIN was particularly fucking awesome back in those days, because you got a hell of a lot more than just a single.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I cannot believe this hasn't leaked yet. We are usually so good at finding this stuff "mysteriously".

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I know he expressed some disappointment as to what the singles became from a customer value standpoint, and something to the tune of Interscope just putting them out as basically a cash grab.

I can't imagine he would feel the same about singles pre-Fragile though (I recall the handling of WITT was when he started to have some doubts). Not true singles, but that's why NIN was particularly fucking awesome back in those days, because you got a hell of a lot more than just a single.
    The thing is that there's no market for things like that, any more. Plus, he probably doesn't have that sort of material just sitting around, or he isn't interested in commissioning remixes for a single.

I'm perfectly fine with Halos only being LP or EP-length releases, plus live video and whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    September. So. Far. Away. I can't wait to hear this song but I will surely wear it completely out by September

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Hesitation Marks" gets the "Impossible Pain" title rumors out of the way, at least.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    I cannot believe this hasn't leaked yet. We are usually so good at finding this stuff "mysteriously".
    Me too. It seems like radio stations across the country have this and are ready to play it at the exact same time tomorrow. As @Leviathant recently mentioned, DJs shouldn't be trusted. Why hasn't one leaked this to get some reputation points? I wonder if it isn't being distributed to the radio stations until an hour before airtime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Halos are generally (though I may be mistaken) released on a disc format (hence, halo) and this will most likely not receive a dedicated physical copy. So no halo. However there was that Capital G promo... poking holes, leaving hesitation marks. HA.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by losertron View Post
    Halos are generally (though I may be mistaken) released on a disc format (hence, halo) and this will most likely not receive a dedicated physical copy. So no halo. However there was that Capital G promo... poking holes, leaving hesitation marks. HA.
    Don't forget about seeds!
    Seed 07, here we come!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Me too. It seems like radio stations across the country have this and are ready to play it at the exact same time tomorrow. As @Leviathant recently mentioned, DJs shouldn't be trusted. Why hasn't one leaked this to get some reputation points? I wonder if it isn't being distributed to the radio stations until an hour before airtime.
    To your last point... it will probably be digitally distributed to them. Thus meaning that NIN can send it out to everyone at the same time with one button and when THEY want to.
    Last edited by Canuckle; 06-05-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: I lie; People have claimed to have heard it

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I mean, it's not really a big deal. How many people would actually be excited to buy a physical copy of this single? What would we expect to be on it? Eighteen remixes that all suck? Put them on Soundcloud.

Speaking of Soundcloud, I wonder if the single will be uploaded and then the download box will be conveniently left checked, Keep it together-style.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So the first single is three months before the album. Any other reason for this than tour dates?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    To your last point... it will probably be digitally distributed to them. Thus meaning that NIN can send it out to everyone at the same time with one button and when THEY want to.
    But multiple DJs have been saying that they've already heard it...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    So the first single is three months before the album. Any other reason for this than tour dates?
    i sure hope there is tour dates to accompany the single tomorrow. i'm really hoping for miami, orlando, tampa stops. road trip with the wife and kids!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    How long does physical production usually take?

I can only offer an opinion that this has all happened very fast and TR announced it while things like artwork and the physical release are still being wrapped up?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    If I remember correctly ETS found the page for radio stations to Download Immigrant Song the night that debuted. It quickly got put on password protected lock down. But it was found.