Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World War Z, June 2013

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

World War Z, June 2013

So, THIS happened today. Trailer number 1! I have to say, it looks pretty decent!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Damon Lindelof, screenplay

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Damn.... this better be good.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I think it looks like ass to be honest, look at those crappy CGI zombies! good grief!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Babel. With Zombies.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wow, what annoying music throughout that trailer. The whole zombie conjoined zombie wave is throwing me off a bit here, but it doesn't look that bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    WWZ only in name. Travesty that this wasn't a mini-series. Despicable. Reprehensible. Suck my toes h*llywood. You done f'd up a great piece of literature again. I am literally ill with rage.
    Last edited by uroboros; 11-09-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAARM d-dun du d-dun.............BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAARM.

I reckon this'll be the start of the downfall of the whole zombie thing

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This looks absolutely fucking stupid. Why bother adapting a book if you're going to make it barely even a shell of what it was? This isn't World War Z. This is something else entirely.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So sick of zombies.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    So sick of zombies.
    This. I can't stand the zombie thing, never have. 28 Days Later was such overrated crap. Ooh it's different, they run faster. No: it's the same old nonsense. Zombies want to eat us...whatever. It's always the exact same formula, same monsters. I can't stand watching something I've seen so many times before.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    This. I can't stand the zombie thing, never have. 28 Days Later was such overrated crap. Ooh it's different, they run faster. No: it's the same old nonsense. Zombies want to eat us...whatever. It's always the exact same formula, same monsters. I can't stand watching something I've seen so many times before.
    Maybe because 28 Days Later wasn't even a zombie movie...but ok we will move on.

And if you keep watching the same old stuff you've seen before than that is your own fault. Quit watching it.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    as overplayed as zombies are, there have been a few notable entries these past few years. there's walking dead (both mediums) for starters. on the film front- both fido and zombieland were a lot of fun, though fresher since they were amed as comedy/satire. world war z was a tremendously fun and thrilling read, but this movie trailer makes it look like absolute dung. really unfortunate. i'm with whoever thinks this would have been handled better as a proper mini-series.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This looks awful. Like, Roland Emmerich-status awful, and cheaply CGI-laden and totally one-note.

Rez, a movie can be a 'zombie' movie without containing explicitly familiar zombies. 28 Days Later was, essentially, a zombie film. Why would you write-off a movie attempting to do something a bit different with the genre in one line, and then in the very next chastise another poster for not watching enough movies that try to do something a bit different with the genre?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I was never into zombie anything until I read, WWZ. It was like Band of Brothers, but with the zombie apocalypse. The plausibility the author was able to establish is what really drew me in. This looks like a run of the mill video game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "only one man can save the world"
    Running zombies.....
    This isn't the WWZ I read....

Also 28 Days Later wasn't about zombies, go watch it again, it's a brilliant horror/suspense film.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    How is it not about zombies?
    Wikipedia says "28 Days Later is a 2002 British zombie horror film directed by Danny Boyle."
    Not watching it again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    How is it not about zombies?
    Wikipedia says "28 Days Later is a 2002 British zombie horror film directed by Danny Boyle."
    Not watching it again.
    You're on Wikipedia... I could easily go on that entry and edit it to say, "28 Days Later was not a 2002 British zombie horror film, but it was directed by Danny Boyle." Would that ease your mind? They weren't zombies, they were people with an infection.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    guys, this is ridiculous. 28 days later is a mere stone's throw away from the preconceived definition of the term 'zombie' to be considered a zombie flick. there are plenty of deviations from today's general definition (romero-esque creatures), including films that preceded night of the living dead and featured TALKING zombies. chew on that. toss in the original defintion of voodoo-magic created zombies (which aren't even dead, for fuck's sake), and god damn i can't even think straight because that movie is close enough so just let it go already.

thank you, and let's continue to discuss world war z, which still looks like a pile to me, but at least we'd be getting the thread back on track.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 11-09-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I know it's a teaser trailer but jesus, at least show one zombie up close.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The footage that people have filmed of them filming looks better than what they've actually filmed, if that makes any sense.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I think it looks pretty good, but although I haven't read WWZ, what I know of it makes me think it should've been done as a miniseries or as a slow-burning trilogy or something like that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    You're on Wikipedia... I could easily go on that entry and edit it to say, "28 Days Later was not a 2002 British zombie horror film, but it was directed by Danny Boyle." Would that ease your mind? They weren't zombies, they were people with an infection.
    The concept as far as them getting infected is the same, but they are infected with RAGE. They are not undead walking moaning zombies like every other movie out there. And yea, Danny Boyle was involved here...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    I know it's a teaser trailer but jesus, at least show one zombie up close.
    You could see the face of a zombie for like 1 second when he was trying to keep a door closed!

And jeepers... Who gives a fuck on the 28 Days Later zombies/not zombies argument.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What about the guy that was running after Brad on the rooftop?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea, that was the only one that I noticed. When they are trying to break the door down you can barely see him. I think the Zombies in this movie is what is intriguing me the most to see this.. it's different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just to explain my self. If you take the zombies/infected out of 28 days later and replace it with any other dooms day scenario and it will be the same movie.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    What about the guy that was running after Brad on the rooftop?
    Looks like Bradley Cooper after a bender.

Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 7.31.51 PM.png

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus T. Cosmonaut View Post
    This looks awful. Like, Roland Emmerich-status awful, and cheaply CGI-laden and totally one-note.

Rez, a movie can be a 'zombie' movie without containing explicitly familiar zombies. 28 Days Later was, essentially, a zombie film. Why would you write-off a movie attempting to do something a bit different with the genre in one line, and then in the very next chastise another poster for not watching enough movies that try to do something a bit different with the genre?

28 Days Later was a suspenseful outbreak virus film. It has nothing to do with dead corpses reanimating and eating the living.

The infected in 28 days later simply became engulfed with rage and attacked uninfected. Now explain to me how this entitles 28 days later to be a fucking zombie film?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    God, can't this town go one day without a riot?? Seriously, let's not get into a fucking semantics war, please. Yes, 28 Days Later featured a "rage virus" and not a zombie infection, let's not dwell on it. And yes, I am well aware of the similarities, "rage virus" proponents.