Page 3 of 241 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New song

Sources say new song out June 6th, and that it sounds like The Fragile mixed with the last 2 albums. My friend heard it, so its out there somewhere.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Adrian Belew is not listed as a member of the band on their facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofme View Post
    Yeah... weird. He's blogged about it and has been updating his Facebook with rehearsal space photos and his tuning for the tour..packed up and moved out to LA for rehearsals, etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    regarding the new album, I hope its very electronic, miles away from post 2005 stuff............as far as Adrian...is he already out of the band? Maybe that's why Robin rejoined.....

They separated due to creative differences. Adrian Belew wanted the new NIN album to be titled "NIN feat Adrian Belew" and Trent didn't like that. So, Belew pulled out of touring since he didn't want to support the incorrectly attributed new material.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, really? I told ya man, whenever someone leaks that they're in NIN's live band before the official announcement, one way or another, they end up not being in the live lineup.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Maybe him saying he was in the band was a ploy when he was really out there recording? (though he did explicitly say he was touring and had discussed touring in depth..)

Or maybe he jumped ship too? When Finck came back in, Eustis moved to bass full time and Finck is lead guitars?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's also this... http://www.adrianbelew.net/tour/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm glad a new NIN record is out although I'm skeptical about Trent going back to a major label unless he made an arrangement with Columbia Records that will help him.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm glad a new NIN record is out although I'm skeptical about Trent going back to a major label unless he made an arrangement with Columbia Records that will help him.
    Seemed to work pretty well for HTDA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Would've been cool to see Belew live, but I'm kind of happy he isn't touring now. It would've been awkward to have both him and Robin on stage, it would've looked too much like when Robin was in GnR and there were multiple lead guitarists.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The arrangement NIN has is probably just as flexible and open as the one HTDA has, so there's most likely nothing to worry about there. Trent wouldn't sign away his music again like that just for more exposure.

It's weird that Adrian isn't listed in all those places; hopefully there's some clarification soon. A bunch of old members + Josh Eustis doesn't exactly scream 'reinvention.'

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It's weird that Adrian isn't listed in all those places; hopefully there's some clarification soon. A bunch of old members + Josh Eustis doesn't exactly scream 'reinvention.'
    Yeah that's a super good point. With only one new member, I feel like the live shows might end up sounding the same way they did 4 years ago. Which isn't a bad thing, and I'm not complaining, but I was kind of excited to hear songs played in a completely new perspective. Either way, there's a new NIN tour and album way earlier than I ever thought there'd be, so whatevs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think worries of NIN sounding the same are completely baseless.
    Look at the track record. With this line up they could make it sound like anything they want.
    And new songs bro, new songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not surprised that Belew isn't touring - don't you think it would have been a little weird with him noodling away up there with Finck et al all thrashing around with their eyeliner etc on?Relieved to hear he's all over the album though.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Where are you people getting this June 6th information from??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Here: http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/0...riving-june-6/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post

They separated due to creative differences. Adrian Belew wanted the new NIN album to be titled "NIN feat Adrian Belew" and Trent didn't like that. So, Belew pulled out of touring since he didn't want to support the incorrectly attributed new material.
    Just wondering, where's the source on this info?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    It's in the NIN-spotting thread, a tweet or something leaked and was taken down from a DJ or someone in the know.

Doing this from a phone so kinda a PITA for me to try finding it but its there.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Where is everyone getting that Belew is out of the the touring band???

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    ah, thank you!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Where is everyone getting that Belew is out of the the touring band???
    http://pitchfork.com/news/49730-nine...umbia-records/

He's also not listed on their Facebook anymore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

New Album. Out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    X2

People, if you have info, post the source where you got it in the first place, otherwise it's just rumours that lead to speculation, anxiety, stress and lots of tears.

I really hope Adrian is touring with NIN.

Edit: just read the link from Pitchfork... I guess i got confused, i thoughthe was going to tour with NIN... Bummer!

Anyway, looking forward to the album and tour!
    Last edited by tremolo; 05-28-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    http://pitchfork.com/news/49730-nine...umbia-records/

He's also not listed on their Facebook anymore.
    Damn...wonder why Trent had him listed under the touring band back in Feb?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Damn...wonder why Trent had him listed under the touring band back in Feb?
    I think he was never going to be a part of the touring lineup. He was probably there just to contribute on the new album. Plus the first sentence of his post today said "I've been less than honest about what I have been up to lately." Maybe I'm just nitpicking that last one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Belew flat out said he was going to be touring with them, and that he was in L.A. rehearsing with them for the tour. So if it was never true, he was adding to the lie as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Happy about the album announcement, but I'm disappointed about the lack of Adrian Belew on tour with the band. I thought it'd be amazing to see him onstage with the rest of the gang.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The last several months have been loaded with bullshit.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Adrian Belew posted it on facebook but has now deleted the post

Spoiler: I was just fucking around. I have no idea what's going on, just adding to the horrible drama and baseless speculation. I thought my statement was ridiculous enough to convey that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New NIN album = YES!

No Adrian Belew = NO!

I was really excited to see what Belew would bring to the live show, he was posting on facebook a few weeks ago about the different types of tuning he was going to be using and what not. I can only imagine what kind of sounds and textures he was going to add to the songs. I think he really would've brought a different feel to NIN live. Now it just kind of seems like a past lineup. Still excited though....NEW ALBUM! Just a little bummed about the whole Belew situation. I will keep my hopes up until it's officially announced though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really think this is going to amount to some crossed wires on Pitchfork's part.. He's listed just about everywhere, moved out there, has been posting photos and touring tuning on his Facebook, NIN tweeted the line-up including him and Robin right after Robin rejoined(So, He's not being replaced by Robin)..that was about 10 days ago.. Belew's own website confirms it. I've yet to see anything pointing to this outside of the Pitchfork article. Crossed wires.. or my name isn't Ronald Jeremy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Belew flat out said he was going to be touring with them, and that he was in L.A. rehearsing with them for the tour. So if it was never true, he was adding to the lie as well.
    As sneaky as Trent has been about NIN this year, I kinda doubt Belew being the only full-time guitarist in the originally announced lineup was just a cover for him to go out & record. I don't think Belew would leak in an interview that he was touring with NIN soon & post pictures of pedals he's trying out after he was announced for the tour as part of some elaborate fake-out.

The album was probably mostly finished before tour rehearsals started

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    And new songs bro, new songs.
    There is this, too. Regardless of who's in or out, there's practically a guarantee of new material.

I really do hope this album sounds as different as Trent implied it would be - he listed the two usual suspects (Atticus and Alan Moulder) as his collaborators, which worries me a little. No one else has mentioned that yet, so I figured I should so all the yelling gets directed at me.