[Guess I'll listen to Welcome Oblivion to ease myself for the moment]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Come on gaise itz just muzak.
    It's not just music, IT'S NIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember being with ETS back around 2007 or 2008 when that one guy was leaking, song by song, the 2005 rehearsals, and everybody here practically crucified him for not giving them all away at once. ETS practically derailed the thing, totally turning off a guy who was doing something incredibly cool.

You people need to learn how to chill out. Troll comes in and you all act like piranha, and it gives the troll his chuckles. If you guys just ignore him until he can prove ownership, and he does, well then there you go, you know he isn't a troll... but if he is a troll, doesn't have the album, and gets no attention, he disappears, no harm done.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    See, that's a great suggestion! I'm not sure how that thread got lost in the shuffle. But there should be a seperate thread for people to be anticipating and talking about the LEAK and a thread for the ALBUM to be discussed.

Hell, even this thread was created the other day which is another "LEAK" thread...

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...icial-ETS-Pool

How many "has it leaked?" thread's do we need? Yeah, we're all eagerly anticipating the album release just as much as the next person. But the fourms have been getting very messy lately. That's not surprising, with a new record comes new fans, comes a bunch of unnessecary threads being created. Seems like a new thread is created for every new magazine article that is being released online, when we have the NIN-spotting thread for all NIN news.
    I tried.

Hopping off here now... Adieu, laddies/ladies.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I need an accomplice to distract this guy at FYE so I can get behind the counter and rummage through the boxes that say "new material. Do not stock without checking first." I'll skip the box that says FRAGILE on it though. I already have that album. Unless it's the 5.1 version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I need an accomplice to distract this guy at FYE so I can get behind the counter and rummage through the boxes that say "new material. Do not stock without checking first." I'll skip the box that says FRAGILE on it though. I already have that album. Unless it's the 5.1 version.
    That depends on your location. There's an FYE at the mall near me, but I doubt we're talking about the same FYE.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPPYcat View Post
    I remember being with ETS back around 2007 or 2008 when that one guy was leaking, song by song, the 2005 rehearsals, and everybody here practically crucified him for not giving them all away at once. ETS practically derailed the thing, totally turning off a guy who was doing something incredibly cool.

You people need to learn how to chill out. Troll comes in and you all act like piranha, and it gives the troll his chuckles. If you guys just ignore him until he can prove ownership, and he does, well then there you go, you know he isn't a troll... but if he is a troll, doesn't have the album, and gets no attention, he disappears, no harm done.
    It's been a while but wasn't that guy implying that he had more that he would have shared if people weren't being so douchey? Or was it just that soundboard mp3 concert he had that I'm thinking of?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    That depends on your location. There's an FYE at the mall near me, but I doubt we're talking about the same FYE.
    Ha. Mostly joking though because I'd chicken out and not go through with it. If I had to guess though it looks like you could probably distract him with a pair of boobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ha. Mostly joking though because I'd chicken out and not go through with it. If I had to guess though it looks like you could probably distract him with a pair of boobs.
    If I were female, I'd probably have a very nice pair of boobs.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    We should really discuss how to sort our reflections on HM upon release/leak. All this leak and PM-begging and -trolling is spoiling a lot of threads (as evident in the "Everything" and "Find My Way" threads). I'm not on here 24/7 and reading through 3762 posts containing begging for PM's is really annoying when all I'm interested in is conversation and discussion. Mods?

Also, listening to the "In conversation with..." excerpt somehow begged the following question: On a scale of 1 to 10, is 15 the right one to describe how full of himself TR really is?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    edit: nevermind. I clearly don't possess the wizardry necessary to post images in posts :/
    Last edited by Transfixed; 08-23-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Are you rubes still talking about "Everything" like it's a Fergie song?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPPYcat View Post

I remember that.
    It's one thing that this board isn't good at, and ironicly it's being civil to unknown strangers who are trying to give the nin community new NIN stuff, possibly even a leaked NIN album.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Also, listening to the "In conversation with..." excerpt somehow begged the following question: On a scale of 1 to 10, is 15 the right one to describe how full of himself TR really is?
    :0/ You're the second person I've heard say something like that.

It's the same ole Trent I'm hearing.

EDIT: lol I guess I didn't last long away from this forsaken place.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post

I thought he sounded full of himself, but that's probably because he's been saying practically the same thing in every interview in the past 2 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    I thought he sounded full of himself, but that's probably because he's been saying practically the same thing in every interview in the past 2 months.
    I thought he sounded sexy.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I hope the art on the disks is cool.
    I hate it when cds I buy have lame disk art.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU LIKE LEAKS, SO I LOADED UR PHONE UP WITH ADVANCED HESITATION MARKS [2013 FULL ALBUM 320 DELUXE] COPY!

JUST KIDDING, IT'S ME TREZZY I PUNK'D U KIDS GOOD LOLOLOL YOU CAN ENJOY MY NEW ALBUM HESITATION MARKS ON SEPTEMBER 3RD AVAILABLE ON ITUNES, AMAZON, OR BETTER YET NIN.COM. ENJOY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice glasses, Trentster.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    How has this not leaked yet? We might get an official stream on Tuesday and this hasn't leaked. This is NIN we're talking about.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed View Post
    YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU LIKE LEAKS, SO I LOADED UR PHONE UP WITH ADVANCED HESITATION MARKS [2013 FULL ALBUM 320 DELUXE] COPY!

JUST KIDDING, IT'S ME TREZZY I PUNK'D U KIDS GOOD LOLOLOL YOU CAN ENJOY MY NEW ALBUM HESITATION MARKS ON SEPTEMBER 3RD AVAILABLE ON ITUNES, AMAZON, OR BETTER YET NIN.COM. ENJOY!
    Trent plz go

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed View Post

If I was Trent reznor, I would make up an account on pages like this and post completely stupid asinine shit like this just to mess with people's heads.

(I'm not saying that's what's going on here. I'm just making an observation).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I was Trent reznor, I would make up an account on pages like this and post completely stupid asinine shit like this just to mess with people's heads.

(I'm not saying that's what's going on here. I'm just making an observation).
    Trent could be any of us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    We should really discuss how to sort our reflections on HM upon release/leak. All this leak and PM-begging and -trolling is spoiling a lot of threads (as evident in the "Everything" and "Find My Way" threads). I'm not on here 24/7 and reading through 3762 posts containing begging for PM's is really annoying when all I'm interested in is conversation and discussion. Mods?

I have no idea how full of himself TR is, but I heard nothing in that to make me think he was. He writes music from an inner personal place, therefor he must talk about himself to shed light on what the album is about. Duh.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    $10 says papercut is T-Rez and because we were mean to him he didn't leak the album out himself.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Trent could be any of us.
    There is a little bit of Trent in everyone of us.

He truly is feeling is from the inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is a little bit of Trent in everyone of us.

He truly is feeling is from the inside.
    I'm okay with this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm okay with this.
    Me, too. You're right. It's not just music

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post

EDIT: lol I guess I didn't last long away from this forsaken place.
    Yeah, well... we're possessed fanatics and (most likely) even more full of TR than the man himself. But it says something to include a "Conversation..." about an album on the album itself, doesn't it? Even if it's just the deluxe edition. Also, the way he's talking... it's always the same stories... you can truly imagine how he sits down with his publicist laying out detailed answers for possible questions and then later on repeats them over and over again... formulating stories about how record x or y came about. Idk, if that makes any sense, but it's taking away the "magic" somehow as it appears rehearsed and prepared and sometimes even seems to border on insincerity.

I guess, it's probably even the only way to conduct those interviews as many interviewers will ask the exact same things over and over. Still, I wish he wouldn't return to the same stories no matter what the question. Also, imagine being the centre of your (professional) life for as long as you can remember. And on top of that being a successfull multi-million dollar artist... I guess, you'll get used to everything around you being about you in some way or another.

You know, when I got into NIN it felt refreshing to listen to an artist talking so bluntly about himself. Later on it began to feel like an agenda designed to fit in with the band's "self loathing" concept. Same with the lyrical content of the songs. Are they sincere expressions of an tortured artist, who's just miserable 364 days of the year, or are they calculated concepts to fit into a certain niche? Or is Trent simply unable to write decent songs touching topics outside his comfort zone? I don't want to sound like a smartass here as I'm really trying to wrap my head around those questions myself...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    trent was a member, more or less, of the old ets. never officially stated, but a good portion of us remember the username, and we know how he posts things, like his word choice, etc. i'm confident that so far he hasn't posted yet.