Page 9 of 241 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperthin567 View Post
    You can't be serious. Can you? If he puts Q on the album, NIN's credibility will be forever lost. Sorry, but she does not belong on a NIN record. And stop trolling.
    Pretty sure in the universe I live in, the only one who gets to define what does or doesn't belong on a NIN record is Trent. And whatever he puts out (heh heh *puts out* /beavis) I expect will be interesting one way or another.

But let us continue to speculate about the pointless.

Track 9....somewhere will be the sound of nappies crinkling.

No more dog barks people! It's babies crying behind that screaming guitar.

And that vacuum? It's back! But it's just a straight vroom vroom to get up the Cheerios scattered over the table and around the chairs.

No bees. Cuz no honey for those under 1 years of age.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like her voice and HTDA. If she is on the new album then so be it. But from a totally outside perspective I feel like the vocals (especially lead) should be pretty much mostly all Trent considering its a NIN record (but who am I?). Clearly I can understand if she is on the record, and either way its not a big deal. I am really just beyond excited that there is going to be a new record and there is a tour. That's all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    I like her voice and HTDA. If she is on the new album then so be it. But from a totally outside perspective I feel like the vocals (especially lead) should be pretty much mostly all Trent considering its a NIN record (but who am I?). Clearly I can understand if she is on the record, and either way its not a big deal. I am really just beyond excited that there is going to be a new record and there is a tour. That's all.
    Denise Milford

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperthin567 View Post
    You can't be serious. Can you? If he puts Q on the album, NIN's credibility will be forever lost. Sorry, but she does not belong on a NIN record.
    Totally with you bro. I stopped paying attention to Nine Inch Nails after his girlfriend showed up on that pussy piano song on The Fragile. La Mer? More like LAMER!

Edit: sonofabitch, butter_hole beat me to the punch.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    TR isn't stupid enough to put his wife on a NIN record. I am sure he is well aware he would come off like a tool by doing that and I am sure MQ realizes NIN is TR's personal playground

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I could actually imagine hearing Q peppered in a NIN track doing some kind of background whispery stuff during a break or some kind of cryptic chanting in between Trent heavy vocal parts or sort of similar to how Trent sings on The Greater Good but a lot more hidden within the music and not blatant or upfront.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    TR isn't stupid enough to put his wife on a NIN record.
    And we all know you're a certified expert when it comes to stupidity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    TR isn't stupid enough to put his wife on a NIN record. I am sure he is well aware he would come off like a tool by doing that and I am sure MQ realizes NIN is TR's personal playground
    I'd hope that he's not worrying or thinking about what other people would think if Q sang on the new NIN album. It's his project, it's his music, and he should be able to do whatever he wants with it.

My only reservation about her potentially being on a NIN album is what then would differentiate NIN from HTDA? It's him and Atticus either way, and adding his wife makes the same band.

Still, it wouldn't really bother me too much.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'd like to remind everyone Q can do more than sing~

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I could actually imagine hearing Q peppered in a NIN track doing some kind of background whispery stuff during a break or some kind of cryptic chanting in between Trent heavy vocal parts or sort of similar to how Trent sings on The Greater Good but a lot more hidden within the music and not blatant or upfront.

Ah yes, I can almost picture Q doing it now.

"fuck you jayyyy". (ala, Physical)
    Last edited by jezstyle; 05-31-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Mariqueen playing a Swarmatron solo on the new NIN album? I can dig it!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be at all opposed to hearing Q on the new album, be it as a vocalist, musician, or both. I do think that it'd kind of blur the line between NIN and HTDA, but frankly, what matters most to me is that I end up with new and damn good music in my library.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    My only reservation about her potentially being on a NIN album is what then would differentiate NIN from HTDA? It's him and Atticus either way, and adding his wife makes the same band.
    Yep. I happen to quite like HTDA and would like to keep the borders between them and NIN as distinct as possible.

I'm currently listening to Plastic Ono Band and damn if this isn't a total Lennon album through and through, even if Yoko helped him work on it. I want Trent to keep that spirit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    you mean cooking, right?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Are you guys crazy? Of course there will be a "featuring Q (my wife)" thing on this album. My sources tell me, there's this one song, that has quiet lovely production (very innovative stuff... like piano and drones 'n shit, kinda like ghostz I 01 or sumthing... or their U2 cover, where he cleverly avoided the industrial stomper everyone was expecting, but sang quite calmly over an TSN outtake... smart as he is) and on it Trent and Q are singing a duet about parenthood... all serious 'n shit. This song has an extended outro, where Trent's playing the pianoz and in the background you can hear their youngins toying around in daddy's studio. Isn't that cute? Yes, it is. You know, 'cause everything "the camp" does is cute. Like... being photographed together, looking handsome 'n shit, marrying and whatnot. Just ask the twitterz. Living the life. That's what the godz do, right? Right. So, what I'm saying is, us humans should be thankfull for a new NIN record, regardless the outcome. And if he decides to use a fart for a kickdrum, so be it. That's not really, what I'm saying, but I know that's what everybody wants to hear, so bring on the likes for my post. Thank you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    you mean cooking, right?
    i think he means the playboy shoot

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I don't mind either if Q is one ONE song but that's it. She is not a member of NIN and should not be all over the album.
    Anyone who said they will play HIS, that would be freaking awesome! Never saw it live and damn I wish they would bring it back into the setlist.
    Last would be cool although the "new" version doesn't sound as good live.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    you mean cooking, right?
    Can someone facepalm this on my behalf, please?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I instantly loved La Mer. 3/4 & common time & the female vox made for an awesome mix.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I don't think it matters who ends up on the new NIN album. As long as its Reznor at the helm, it's NIN. The "band" has always been a very flexible beast and Trent does well to direct it to what he considers Nine Inch Nails, what everyone else thinks it should be doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    you mean cooking, right?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Suggestion: lock this thread until any new info arrives.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Anyone who says I'm not open to suggestions hasn't tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bit goth teen for a title, isn't it?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Halo 28 eh?

Does that mean no single releases?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Halo 28 eh?

Does that mean no single releases?
    There's a new single, maybe a leak or two, MAYBE the fragile deluxe, a tour that will start, some archival stuff on tumblr and all that. We're going to have a fun few months.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Open for business, again!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So we'll most likely hear new songs when the tour starts. Wonder how much the festivals are gonna be different, both in set lists and lighting/production, from the arena shows.

Damn I can't wait for those dates to be announced.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

it's a concept album about suicide?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    So we'll most likely hear new songs when the tour starts. Wonder how much the festivals are gonna be different, both in set lists and lighting/production, from the arena shows.

Damn I can't wait for those dates to be announced.
    Well, Performance 2007 only had two songs played on the tour before the release of Year Zero.