Page 224 of 241 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,720 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I would like it more if the transition between covers were more vague, something like between Ghosts (counted as an album somehow) and The Slip.
    However idea is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Satellite is my favourite stand-alone song, I can listen to it on repeat. Guess I'm a sucker for dancey beats and call-response. And that layering at the end...mmmmm.
    That said...I know it was created before the rest of the album, but it kinda irks me how it doesn't seem to fit in lyrically. More YZ if anything.

HM has renewed my love of NIN. Guess it came at the right time for me. It's comforting.
    Last edited by zah; 07-31-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Love it!!! Saw it last night!!!! The Tension version was great too!!
    Last edited by JML9; 07-31-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zah View Post
    HM has renewed my love of NIN. Guess it came at the right time for me. It's comforting.
    I could also see how that could be. I would even go as far to still say that Hesitation Marks brought out the similar feelings I had when With Teeth came out as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's approaching the 1 year mark of Hesitation Marks being released. I want to see how everyone lists their top songs from the album now.

(No order)

-I Would For You
    -In Two
    -While I'm Still Here/Black Noise
    -All Time Low
    -Various Methods of Escape
    -Find My Way
    -Running (not so much live though)
    -Everything

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'll list the ones I care to re-listen to, and the order I like them:

1) I Would For You
    2) All Time Low
    3) The Eater Of Dreams
    4) Various Methods Of Escape
    5) In Two
    6) Everything
    7) While I'm Still Here

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    1. While I'm Still Here
    2. Various Methods Of Escape
    3. Copy Of A
    4. In Two
    5. Find My Way
    6. Disappointed
    7. All Time Low
    8. Came Back Haunted
    9. I Would For You
    10. Satellite
    11. Everything
    12. Running

That's grading on a curve, though. I still like Running, and on a lot of other albums it would even be a highlight.
    It's an incredible album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. Copy Of A
    2. I Would For You
    3. Running
    4. Various Methods Of Escape
    5. In Two
    6. While I'm Still Here
    7. Came Back Haunted
    8. Disappointed
    9. Satellite
    10. Find My Way
    11. Everything
    12. All Time Low

Hesitation Marks is awesome.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Let's see...

1. Came Back Haunted
    2. Various Methods Of Escape
    3. I Would For You
    4. While I'm Still Here/Black Noise
    5. Copy Of A
    6. Satellite
    7. In Two
    8. Find My Way
    9. Everything
    10. All Time Low
    11. Disappointed
    12. Running
    13. The Eater Of Dreams

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    My top five at the moment (although I love every single song, mind you, so if it's not here that doesn't mean I dislike it whatsoever):

1. While I'm Still Here/Black Noise (it's such a package deal)
    2. In Two
    3. Copy of a
    4. Running
    5. Various Methods of Escape

Other songs I could've swapped in: Disappointed (seriously), Satellite, All Time Low

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's the whole album for me (consider Eater of Dreams and Black Noise part of Copy of A and While I'm Still here, respectively)

1. Various Methods of Escape
    2. In Two
    3. All Time Low
    4. Copy of A
    5. While I'm Still Here
    6. I Would For You
    7. Everything
    8. Came Back Haunted
    9. Running
    10. Find My Way
    11. Satellite
    12. Disappointed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Copy of A
    Satellite
    In Two
    All Time Low
    Various Methods of Escape (love the Kimmel performance)

Hoping for some more HM songs to be played on the current tour. Although that seems as likely as hearing TF songs...though The Fragile/Wretched was played recently...I guess we'll see.

Top pick for HM song to see on the current tour: Satellite

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throw_it_away9 View Post
    Copy of A
    Satellite
    In Two
    All Time Low
    Various Methods of Escape (love the Kimmel performance)

Hoping for some more HM songs to be played on the current tour. Although that seems as likely as hearing TF songs...though The Fragile/Wretched was played recently...I guess we'll see.

Top pick for HM song to see on the current tour: Satellite
    Did you see Satellite on Tension? That was my number one pick for a song live but I knew it was unlikely, it was by far one of the least played from HM on Tension along with IWFY and was worried I'd not get it at all, in the car on the way to the show when it came on while listening to the album I just thought of how much I wanted to hear it, and all of a sudden towards the end of the main set, BOOM, that insane electronic beeping kicked in. The visuals they used for that blew my mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Did you see Satellite on Tension? That was my number one pick for a song live but I knew it was unlikely, it was by far one of the least played from HM on Tension along with IWFY and was worried I'd not get it at all, in the car on the way to the show when it came on while listening to the album I just thought of how much I wanted to hear it, and all of a sudden towards the end of the main set, BOOM, that insane electronic beeping kicked in. The visuals they used for that blew my mind.
    Satellite did in fact blow my mind!

I was at the Staples Center for the show they recorded for the DVD. It's a good thing that that Vevo recording isn't on VHS, because I would have worn out that tape months ago.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throw_it_away9 View Post
    Satellite did in fact blow my mind!

I was at the Staples Center for the show they recorded for the DVD. It's a good thing that that Vevo recording isn't on VHS, because I would have worn out that tape months ago.
    Is it as cool as it sounds having that show preserved that way? I've always wished I'd be at a filmed show, whenever I want to re-experience mine I have to turn to RITC and YouTube videos (which is fine, but man, having a pro-shot must be amazing).

Satellite is definitely one of my most missed songs from this past year of performances, I understand not playing a lot of HM as much of it is very complex and a four piece might not pull it off well enough to justify it, but Satellite seems totally optimal. That right after The Great Destroyer would be incredible to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Is it as cool as it sounds having that show preserved that way? I've always wished I'd be at a filmed show, whenever I want to re-experience mine I have to turn to RITC and YouTube videos (which is fine, but man, having a pro-shot must be amazing).

Satellite is definitely one of my most missed songs from this past year of performances, I understand not playing a lot of HM as much of it is very complex and a four piece might not pull it off well enough to justify it, but Satellite seems totally optimal. That right after The Great Destroyer would be incredible to see.
    It is pretty cool. (Especially, b/c my seats were shitty and so my view wasn't as spectacular

Some of the RITC/YouTube videos do a pretty good job though, I must say. I find myself often rewatching songs from the 2009 show I in saw in Kansas City.

The playing of The Great Destroyer does seem like playing Satellite would be possible.

I have at least one more show planned for this tour, maybe it'll happen.

[Ha, who knows, we may be due for a yet to be announced 10 date club show a la Wave Goodbye]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard anything lately about the Limited Edition version of Hesitation Marks? Last I heard Russell Mills was going to start working on the canvas sometime this month.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Has anyone heard anything lately about the Limited Edition version of Hesitation Marks? Last I heard Russell Mills was going to start working on the canvas sometime this month.
    Deluxe Broken/Fixed
    Deluxe Fragile
    Deluxe With Teeth
    Ghosts Film Festival

Trent's history with releasing this kind of thing is SO strong, I'm sure we'll hear something soon :P

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    A re-release of HM was never on the cards, either. Mills' artbook was a separate thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    A re-release of HM was never on the cards, either. Mills' artbook was a separate thing.
    Are you sure? I could have sworn Russell Mills said it was for a Limited Edition release of H.M. Something about a huge canvas being painted and cut into little squares, one being included in every release. I'm I confused?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Are you sure? I could have sworn Russell Mills said it was for a Limited Edition release of H.M. Something about a huge canvas being painted and cut into little squares, one being included in every release. I'm I confused?
    it's a book of all of the art he made for the album, but it doesn't come with any music. it is a separate entity.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Deluxe Broken/Fixed
    Deluxe Fragile
    Deluxe With Teeth
    Ghosts Film Festival

Trent's history with releasing this kind of thing is SO strong, I'm sure we'll hear something soon :P
    i was actually looking for deluxe broken and fixed until i reread the post and realized who posted it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In his interview with Underneath It All podcast (about 14:58) Russell Mills talks about the 320 page book "Cargo in the Blood." He describes it as a Limited Edition release with all the H.M. artwork and explanations for the artwork. Each copy includes a piece of a canvas cut into 2500+ pieces. Mills says that it'll be released with the album in a new double gatefold sleeve. Also included are two "laser etched steel discs" containing all the lyrics and credits. Has the project changed since then?
    Last edited by Jordan; 08-05-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't remember that last part about it containing the album. Probably vaporware just like every other better-than-baseline NIN release that didn't come out simultaneously with the regular editions.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    We don't need an ultra-deluxe edition of an album that came out a year ago. That just seems like a cash grab, and very un-TR.

That art book from Mills sounds interesting, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd agree it would interesting if he released the album again especially after he just released it in 6 different versions. However, I assume at some point Trent discussed the idea with Mills right? I don't think Mills would claim the project would include the album to a group of NIN die hards without believing himself that it would. Given Trents history, I understand heavy skepticism. I'm with you on that and that's why I'm asking. But since Russell's interview, has there been any word on the project or is it just speculation? If anyone wants to listen to the underneath it all podcast again, Mills talks about it at the 15 minute mark. If I misunderstood him, please correct me so I don't further make a fool of myself.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'd agree it would interesting if he released the album again especially after he just released it in 6 different versions. However, I assume at some point Trent discussed the idea with Mills right? I don't think Mills would claim the project would include the album to a group of NIN die hards without believing himself that it would. Given Trents history, I understand heavy skepticism. I'm with you on that and that's why I'm asking. But since Russell's interview, has there been any word on the project or is it just speculation? If anyone wants to listen to the underneath it all podcast again, Mills talks about it at the 15 minute mark. If I misunderstood him, please correct me so I don't further make a fool of myself.
    as the editor of Underneath It All, i can tell you that you didn't misunderstand him, but that the format of the release has almost certainly changed a bit. that interview happened last year, when HM was still fresh and new, and at the time, it made sense. but now i would imagine that the book will be a standalone art book with no music.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    This info was recently posted on the news section of Russell's site:
    http://russellmills.com/russell_mills/news

"Mills’ trip to Los Angeles, originally planned for late April, has been postponed until the Autumn. Mills will travel with his collaborator Mike Fearon, to Los Angeles to undertake the painting of a large mixed media canvas towards the Cargo In The Blood: The Reverse Is Also True limited edition multiple. Once completed the canvas will be cut into 2500-3000 individual works, which will be framed in steel to become part of the limited edition multiple. In addition to several other items, Cargo In The Blood: The Reverse Is Also True will also contain a hardback five colour 320-page book showing all the works made towards use in the Hesitation Marks release, with interpretative texts charting the ideas behind each work. Each will be encased in a folding and individually cauterised suede portfolio. Edition number and publication date tbc."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    empty thoughts into the ether:

spent the day so far prepping my own live material; with that done and the house to myself, I just put on the vinyl. really, really dig this album still. has that NIN-feeling that I had been missing since With Teeth -- don't know if its just studio polish or over thinking or what, but it really is up there with the rest of the catalog.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Loved it right away and still listen regularly.