Page 154 of 241 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Seriously can't get enough of "While I'm Still Here" today. That outro. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm starting to see 'All Time Low' as 'Into The Void' and 'Closer' put together. That beat put to the experimentation found on 'The Fragile'.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by br8niac View Post
    Tom Waits, IMO. The sax is reminiscent of "Way Down in the Hole" (theme song of the TV show "The Wire") and "Chicago" (off his most recent album, 'Bad as Me').
    Radiohead's National Anthem, maybe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Benjamin View Post
    I'm starting to see 'All Time Low' as 'Into The Void' and 'Closer' put together. That beat put to the experimentation found on 'The Fragile'.
    I literally just thought about this about 15 minutes ago during a listen in my car. I feel confident that he could literally dispose of "Closer" in the set and replace it with this track. Its that good. I'm also one of those people that think "Closer" is a musical masterpiece and I hate that they play a shorter version.

I really hope "All Time Low" is added to the setlist. I can just imagine how amazing this would be to hear live at voodoofest.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    "I'm not saying offering things for free or pay-what-you-can is wrong. I'm saying my personal feeling is that my album's not a dime. It's not a buck. I made it as well as I could, and it costs 10 bucks, or go fuck yourself."-Trent Reznor

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelnails95 View Post
    How in the hell is his voice better now?
    His singing voice is better...But he cant scream anymore like he used to

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    "I'm not saying offering things for free or pay-what-you-can is wrong. I'm saying my personal feeling is that my album's not a dime. It's not a buck. I made it as well as I could, and it costs 10 bucks, or go fuck yourself."-Trent Reznor

Where did he write this?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    As many people have been saying, I'm still incredibly impressed with this record. The amount of care that went into the presentation of this certainly has not gone unnoticed. I had another chance to listen to this headphone wise again on another hike earlier today and it's such a fantastic album. I think what I really like about it is how relatable a lot of the songs feel....on top of strategically written and intense music. It's the core of why I'm a Nine Inch Nails fan!

I would love to see any song from this record make it on the Tension 2013 tour. I really like everything on here and think Trent and the rest of the guys can find ways to make it translate incredibly well live.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    That's the same vibe I got from the track as well....though I do hear "Chicago" from Tom Waits too. It's so saxy.

Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    His singing voice is better...But he cant scream anymore like he used to
    He's not purposely screaming, there's no "DON'T YOU FUCKIN' KNOW WHAT YOU AREEE!?" moments on this one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Where did he write this?
    That SPIN interview that came out yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Nice catch! Waits' music is so embedded in me, that I may be biased aurally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it was a joke. he was asking if there were any holes into which he could place his erection.
    Better be big holes, or that'll leave some hesitation penetration marks...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelnails95 View Post
    How in the hell is his voice better now?
    His voice is...stronger than it was on The Fragile.

Even live it sounds top notch.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Seriously can't get enough of "While I'm Still Here" today. That outro. . .

+1

The remix though... makes it even more poignant.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

He's not purposely screaming, there's no "DON'T YOU FUCKIN' KNOW WHAT YOU AREEE!?" moments on this one.
    I mean during live shows, he cant scream like he used to...He can still pull the heavy songs off (unlike Manson or Phil Anselmo who's voices are shot to hell) but other than Mike Patton, not many singers over 40 can still scream like they did in their 20's

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I mean during live shows, he cant scream like he used to...He can still pull the heavy songs off off (unlike Manson or Phil Anselmo who's voices are shot to hell) but other than Mike Patton, not many singers over 40 can still scream like they did in their 20's
    It's actually brilliant that he's stopped screaming when he doesn't have to. He doesn't do that awkwardly low voice anymore (2009 performance of Last comes to mind.)

Look at Billy Corgan. Dude's voice is shot.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I mean during live shows, he cant scream like he used to...He can still pull the heavy songs off (unlike Manson or Phil Anselmo who's voices are shot to hell) but other than Mike Patton, not many singers over 40 can still scream like they did in their 20's
    Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I'd say there were moments where Trent still brought a pretty great scream here and there during the festival shows, when they played Burn like two or so weeks ago....Trent sounded great during "swallowed up in fire" line. Sure, it's not that signature Trent scream....but I like where his voice is at now compared to how rough it was in 2008...especially during songs like "Letting You".

That being said though, holy shit was Lights in the Sky an awesome tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I'd say there were moments where Trent still brought a pretty great scream here and there during the festival shows, when they played Burn like two or so weeks ago....Trent sounded great during "swallowed up in fire" line. Sure, it's not that signature Trent scream....but I like where his voice is at now compared to how rough it was in 2008...especially during songs like "Letting You".

That being said though, holy shit was Lights in the Sky an awesome tour.
    Amazing tour. But yeah, his voice was fried to hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    You don't think he did it himself? It may sound similar to something else but I bet he wrote/recorded it for the song. Trent played sax in high school (I know that because I played it in elementary school and hated it so my brother told me Trent played it to convince me it was cool)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    No, I think he played it. I'm not accusing Trent of plagiarism or anything. It just sounds similar to something else I've heard.

That Tom Waits song sounds close, but I completely forgot about The National Anthem. Good call on that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I literally just thought about this about 15 minutes ago during a listen in my car. I feel confident that he could literally dispose of "Closer" in the set and replace it with this track. Its that good. I'm also one of those people that think "Closer" is a musical masterpiece and I hate that they play a shorter version.

I really hope "All Time Low" is added to the setlist. I can just imagine how amazing this would be to hear live at voodoofest.
    Yes. Absolutely.

You know what else?

This song would go just scrumptiously with some fuckin' tambourine. You listening, Trent? I know that got your attention.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    (One day... I'll get the whole quote post thing right. Not today.)

Having been listening to Birdwood Cage a lot lately, this was what I thought of, first, too.
    Last edited by mostlymad; 08-28-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    So which song is the upcoming video (referenced in SPIN) going to be for?
    It's for "Everything".
    http://www.sony.com/SCA/company-news...ails-is-.shtml

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

On my first listen now. Sounds like a fairly logical progression from The Slip. Not quite as experimental as Year Zero or as poppy as With_Teeth. Obvious highlights are "Came Back Haunted" (great single/signature track), "All Time Low" (major "Closer" vibes) and "Various Methods of Escape" (a lighter-waver in the vein of some of The Fragile's most "epic" moments). "In Two" is pretty banging too.

Decent effort.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I hope that TR will share the multitracks for VMOE, WISH (heheh, sounds similar) and Black Noise. I have an idea for mixing them together. :-)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Has the Autolux remix of Everything surfaced anywhere yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well after my first listen it seems like the fragile is still my favorite nin album, I like hm but was hoping for a new fav.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yesterday I walked my dog out at 11 pm, after it rained. Everything is dark around my house (I live in the countryside), and there were clouds full of lightning (I counted like 4 or 5 every minute). It was an insanely haunting experience, as I listened to HM for the first time through headphones during that walk. I recommend you all to take a walk at night and listen to the album with noise-cancelling headphones.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    is there a bass solo hidden in the ending of All Time Low or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there's a track that would mash-up really well with I'm afraid of 'mericans.
    I'm swimming in these new tracks. You know, when you like something enough you feel compelled to give something back therefore....(sits and waits for deluxe cd to arrive).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Already posted in Spotting but the album is now streaming on The Guardian site:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/mus...s-album-stream

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Has the Autolux remix of Everything surfaced anywhere yet?
    I haven't seen it floating around, and it's not even available on itunes japan.