Page 141 of 241 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anxdiety View Post
    14 years ago Trent and other members from Nothing Studios regularly used to visit NIN chat rooms and partake. I'm sure a few other old timers would remember the !seen bot back in #nin99.
    haha, long live #nin99 on mIrc......you know I still have some of the old chat logs saved somewhere here. Hilarious stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know I think All Time Low and Disappointed go together really well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aw maaaan I have it in FLAC just waiting for me...taunting me from my phone...waiting for me to get off work and finally hear it.
    Serious question - why did anyone go for the 256 kbps version over flac? Are you guys crazy?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highfilter View Post
    Haven't been this excited for an album in a long time. Absolutely love the album and can't wait to sit down and run it through the main system at home. And Tension in Vancouver can't come soon enough! Hope he tells us they're here to have a bad time and then whips out the sax.

Reminds me Philip Glass / Beck's "NYC: 73 - 78", topped with Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Wicked stand-alone track / something interesting to listen to.
    It does have a Philip Glass feel to it in parts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    this is more or less what i was expecting/hoping he'd end up doing. much more electronic palette and soundscapes building. if you took a lot of the bass kicks out of some of these songs you have something that could have been on the dragon tattoo. Trent is a master of electronic music and this is the perfect time for a release like this imo.

and honestly this almost sounds like the direction he could have taken nin after the downward spiral instead of the fragile. i could see this album doing very well in the late 90s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    If trent wanted a radio hit he should have just removed the awkward Year Zero-esque talk-singing from "All Time Low". This would have much better than Everything.
    I LOVE the talking bits in the remix for While I'm Still Here though...good talking bits are good. Have you heard it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloid View Post
    haha, long live #nin99 on mIrc......you know I still have some of the old chat logs saved somewhere here. Hilarious stuff.
    I'd like to see those please!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloid View Post
    PLEASE post some if they contain Trent?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The While I'm Still Here remix is creepy as fook!

The original is fantastic too, great ending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralhate View Post
    I'd like to see those please!
    I wouldn't get too excited as there wasn't anything with Trent (I don't think) just some random things I found funny but I will try to find where I stashed them.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    The download erred on me, is there anywhere else to get it? PM me, don't tell me to Google it, I did, I found it, it will not work for me. Thanks.
    google it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    PLEASE post some if they contain Trent?
    I will see what I can find (nothing with Trent though I don't think)...might bring back some names you haven't heard in ages though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    disappointed. last third of the album is pretty bad, first 2/3 are better but will take time to grow on me, assuming I even bother.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H. Christ View Post
    disappointed. last third of the album is pretty bad, first 2/3 are better but will take time to grow on me, assuming I even bother.
    What do you know? You're not even real.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H. Christ View Post

story of my life as a lapsed catholic: there's no pleasing Jesus

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Damn, the last three (OK, technically four) tracks are my favorites. Am I going to end up in hell for praising the last third to everyone?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Next singles should be "Satellite" and "Various Methods of Escape" (with their repective videos), those are the catchiest songs among the previously unreleased (leaked today) tracks by far and could easily become big hits on the radio/charts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    I think my least favorite song on the album is Disappointed.
    I just can't get into that grating sound when he says "Can I ask you something..."

Hopefully, as I listen to it i'll like it more and more.
    I agree with you, I've been disappointed with Disappointed since I heard it at Ansan. I don't really enjoy any part of that song, but all the rest are pretty damn good

The more that I think about it, it seems like the second half of the album (Satellite to Black Noise) is a lot more coherent and enjoyable than the first seven tracks. I remember Trent saying on Radio One that the rest of HM would be more like Satellite, but it seems like there is a distinct split between the first seven tracks (the Everything-esque half) and the second seven tracks (the Satellite-esque half) in composition and tone.
    Last edited by Porkins; 08-26-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: I accidentally a few sentences

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    [edited] Never mind guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Damn, the last three (OK, technically four) tracks are my favorites. Am I going to end up in hell for praising the last third to everyone?
    Jellyfish don't believe in hell. You don't even have bones.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    While I'm Still Here is beautiful. Holy fuck. I can't believe this is finally here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I fucking hate this album!

I should be sleeping already but after more than 6 full runs, I still can't stop listening! A bloody Masterpiece but it should have been a double album like The Fragile. Can't get enough!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Herman Cain is the second coming of Christ! Do not be fooled by false prophets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    finally listened to the album through from beginning to end. i think this is his best work since the fragile.

i'm glad he pre-released "came back haunted", "everything" and "copy of a" instead of anything else on that album. personally, it gave me some time for the songs to grow on me and now combined with every other song on the album, it's one solid piece of work that i find really difficult to stop listening to.

i hope everyone that has downloaded the album early, has already pre-ordered and paid the $12 on nin.com for the album (or $20 for the deluxe).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can't wait to receive the deluxe cd and vinyl I ordered. I am busting to listen to the album whilst absorbing Mills' fantastic artwork. I remember doing the same for The Fragile and it is a memory that I treasure.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by draven View Post
    i hope everyone that has downloaded the album early, has already pre-ordered and paid the $12 on nin.com for the album (or $20 for the deluxe).
    I paid 30something because of shipping costs, you'll take that leak from my cold dead hands.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    I am busting to listen to the album whilst absorbing Mills' fantastic artwork. I remember doing the same for The Fragile and it is a memory that I treasure.
    I know, right? I remember the smell of the booklet, and the sweet taste of those chocolate pancakes I've been eating before the first listen. No, seriously, that's how it was, and it's a vivid memory.

Didn't order the album yet, because I won't receive any payment until the second week of September, but I'm planning to. I hope the deluxe edition isn't some kind of über-limited stuff that will be sold out by then.
    Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; 08-26-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The worst thing about Satellite being stuck in my head is the fact Trent keeps reminding me through the lyrics. It's actually creeping me out at this point..

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    livid memory.
    Most awesome TDS-related typo. Saved for posterity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've gotten to track 9 so far as I get ready to go out tonight. I love this album! I'm holding out on listening to the rest until I'm having a few drinks with my gf and best friend as they hear it for the first time.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the album and supports Trent Reznor in any way they can. I'm not a newb here btw, just a new screen name. Been a fan since 1994 and NIN has been my favorite ever since!

Can't wait to see the Halloween show in Orlando either! I'll also definitely be buying the physical release because I'm a collector. I pick up things... That tend to accumulate. Lol.

Take care fellow NIN/Reznor fans!
    Last edited by The Master; 08-26-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: This was an impromptu message via my cell phone. :P