Page 92 of 241 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    there's absolutely nothing wrong with being excited. hell, if we weren't excited there'd be something wrong, heh. but there's a difference between being excited and acting like a two-year-old. "treeeeeeent, i want it nowwwwwww! nowwwwwwwwwwww!" you don't think that's at all immature? just a little?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    [Prepares to get flamed. *Puts on Flame suit*]

Man, I seriously can't believe everyone in this thread begging and begging for a leak, this is getting rather out of hand.
    You know what we did back in the day? We got up at 9am and went and waited in a line at a record store on release date. Sometimes we met other estatic fans in line who had been waiting for the release of their favourite artists new record and got to connect with them.

The internet has made people into unappreciative savages. Seriously, coming into the Hesitation Marks thread, hoping to read throughts and speculations about the upcoming album and seeing nothing but begging for a leak is depressing.

Facepalm and flame away folks, I just feel people shouldn't sit here and beg and beg and whine if an album doesn't leak. The album is given a street date for a reason.
    Maybe i'm just old school, I donno.

I hope there is at least ONE person who can see where I am coming from on this issue out of you savage pack of wolves.
    People are just venting while they wait for a highly anticipated event that usually occurs these days. I don't think that's out of line. Oh, and you know what else we used to do back in the day? We argued and waited for our turn to use the rotary phone to connect with our friends. We had to just go to the nearest big box store and hope they had what we wanted and that it was a fair price. We had to rely on television news and print media for 90% of our information about everything that happens in the world. Hyping ourselves up for something because we're excited, and sharing that excitement/frustration with others is pretty much exactly what this thread is for. And hoping that we get something a little earlier (something that most of us have already paid [too much] for) when we've already been excessively marketed to and teased for months --especially when there's not really a good reason this has to go on so long in this day and age-- hardly makes us unappreciative savages. Personally, I don't care if it's a leak or a stream or an early release. The outdated model of "hyping" the record is really grating on me. They did it with Welcome Oblivion too. In both cases, the records were finished for months while the record company played endless games with a fan base that essentially new about, and was ready to purchase, the record the moment its existence was made public. I've posted more eloquently about this elsewhere, but bottom line: This hype-it-up, waiting game stuff is stupid.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    now waiting in line for hours to get concert tickets and the particular ticketmaster started 30 seconds past the schedule time? That was different. That shit could cost you the good seats. That was justified bitching.

But another comparison.... recently i waited a few hours after a Tomahawk concert to meet Mike Patton. While we certainly had our share of "is he coming out here yet?" moments, I still made a number of friends that night because we didn't just sit there bitching about that all night but actually interacted like normal humans. Actually, I remember noticing a couple days after the show that if you went to my Facebook page, clicked on friends and then "added recently," well over half the people in that section had profile pictures of themselves with Michael Patton. That was kinda funny.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    HAS IT LEAKED YET?

NO??

WTF!!??

​/lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be watching a livestream while waiting for a leak and talking to others who are waiting for said leak...but this is a problem?

I don't get the issue aside from having the preference to wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's just the constant begging... coming here to have a discussion about the upcoming album and seeing pages and pages of "when's it gonna leak?" "leaky, leak leak" and stuff to that level is just bothersome.

I mean, when it leaks, someone will run over here and let us know. It won't be a secret at all. ETS will go down and all hell will break lose. We should all just take a breath and relax and keep a more intellectual conversation going than "leaky leak leak in my pants"

And that's personally my 2 cents, I know i'm in the minority by saying that as well, and i'm not afraid to stir up a little contoversy on the subject. We need to start talking about something else other than peeing our pants.

Even the Josh Wink shit was a breath of fresh air for this board while waiting for the album, that was a better use of time than reading the last 30 pages in this thread.

This is simply a way for the active people in this thread to keep a conversation going with nothing new to talk about... I don't think its that big of a deal myself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    This is simply a way for the active people in this thread to keep a conversation going with nothing new to talk about... I don't think its that big of a deal myself...
    Amen. We'll have something to talk about when it's here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Actually, I'm going to guess he's in his thirties simply because so am I and I feel the exact same way as him. He's completely right, but with two exceptions.

1. The midnight sales were where you went to meet the other hardcore fans waiting in line for an album.
    2. The song parody leak beggings were kinda funny. Or at least showed more creativity than post #8,756 that just says "dammit, why hasn't it leaked yet?"

But overall, it's not an age thing. It's a personality thing. I feel the same way when I feel old for not knowing or caring about the shit that's on the hit radio stations until I remember that that's been true since sometime in my teens or so. When I was young, I still didn't care about any of that shit. Looking back on the midnight release thing - there were times I waited in line for quite a bit. And sometimes, it would be a bit after midnight that the store would open it's doors. Assuming the weather was decent, I never spent the time whining about how long they were taking to open the doors or counting down until midnight etc. I used the time to meet people who were also willing to wait outside for a couple hours just to hear their favorite band's new music before everybody else. So while it's not the same situation, I think I can say with relative confidence, that if I was about 15 years younger, I'd still agree with him completely.

Now if I'm going to bitch and whine like I'd like to about the lack of a physical CD Halo single for any HM tracks (which I'm tempted to), that you can chalk up to "get off my lawn you damn kids" old age.
    Hes not right, hes complaining. Since when do men in their 30s complain about the on-goings of a message board? How about taking others into consideration. Some come on here just because of their leak anticipation, not to make attempts at enlightening conversation as they wait. If you have a problem, leave and go do your reminiscing without passing judgments.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You guys do NOT know how leaks work at all. Do not expect it to be anywhere online before the 28th. the album imo really isn't good and listening to a leak might even ruin it that much more for some of you. just trying to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bugas View Post
    You guys do NOT know how leaks work at all. Do not expect it to be anywhere online before the 28th. the album imo really isn't good and listening to a leak might even ruin it that much more for some of you. just trying to help.
    Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the input!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I understand where you're coming from @ManBurning, but, needless to say--I, a contributor to the frenzy of all things leak, mostly feel those just like me here. At least a third of is it out of fun, but the rest is very real pain. I trust you know that.

lol

So, I offer the suggestion:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ot-leak-thread

"We" can go and stay there till this whole thing blows over.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    What a pile of shit.
    You're gonna make me cry man. :'(

You know I love my Death Grips.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeCornhole View Post
    People are just venting while they wait for a highly anticipated event that usually occurs these days. I don't think that's out of line. Oh, and you know what else we used to do back in the day? We argued and waited for our turn to use the rotary phone to connect with our friends. We had to just go to the nearest big box store and hope they had what we wanted and that it was a fair price. We had to rely on television news and print media for 90% of our information about everything that happens in the world. Hyping ourselves up for something because we're excited, and sharing that excitement/frustration with others is pretty much exactly what this thread is for. And hoping that we get something a little earlier (something that most of us have already paid [too much] for) when we've already been excessively marketed to and teased for months --especially when there's not really a good reason this has to go on so long in this day and age-- hardly makes us unappreciative savages. Personally, I don't care if it's a leak or a stream or an early release. The outdated model of "hyping" the record is really grating on me. They did it with Welcome Oblivion too. In both cases, the records were finished for months while the record company played endless games with a fan base that essentially new about, and was ready to purchase, the record the moment its existence was made public. I've posted more eloquently about this elsewhere, but bottom line: This hype-it-up, waiting game stuff is stupid.
    While the internet (and how far technology in general has advanced) is a great thing, I just can't help to think that it's RUINED alot of experiences people have when leading up to a release of something. I'm not just talking about records, but movies, video games, books, entertainment in general, hell even concerts.

For instance, i'm stoked for a few Video Games coming out soon, and I have a youtube account (which i'm sure most people do) which I watch daily videos on my subscription feed and I feel like my experience before playing a game / watching a movie has been ruined just from mass media and how much news is spread these days.

There is a game coming out next week i've been really excited to play, and today I went to my youtube channel to see what new vids were on my subscription feed, and one of the videos was a HUGE spoiler to the game. It was right in the title of the video iot announced something about the game that normally you would need to play to find out, and I was fucking pissed. I didn't even click on the video, it was right there in the title and the thumb nail.

This is what we have become as a society, spoiling as much as something for each other before the actual product comes out. By the time I get my hands on said product, I know everything about it. It's very hard to be a fan of something and not have everything spoiled for you before hand. Same goes with movies. Nowadays, every news outlet you go to reports on updates about a big new movie in the works. New set photos, new details about the movie, everything. Then a trailer ot two or three come out and next thign you know you've seen the whole damn movie from the comfort of your own computer over the course of the development of the movie, so now you don't have to go watch it.

I *TRY* and stay away from trailers and stuff like that for that very reason, but it's hard in this day and age. Even just going on facebook someone is sharing an update on something. Like I said at the beginning of this post, the internet is an AMAZING thing, i'm addicted to it, I couldn't live without it. I just feel we've come to an age when there are no surprises left in leading up to the release of something anymore. This isn't even about music or hesitation marks anymore, totally went off topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    now waiting in line for hours to get concert tickets and the particular ticketmaster started 30 seconds past the schedule time? That was different. That shit could cost you the good seats. That was justified bitching.
    This is the perfect example of what the internet done RIGHT. Oh man, FUCK waiting in line at a ticketing outlet to get tickets, that stuff was balls. I remember waiting in line in 2000 to buy KoRn tickets at this ticketing outlet, and it was a RANDOM draw. There was no "first come, first serve" they wanted to make it fair to everyone who came, and you were handed a raffle ticket upon entering the ticketing purchse area and 10 min prior to the sale of ticketsm they would RANDOMLY draw a raffle ticket and that would be the way you would line up. kind of a bullshit way of doing things, but thankfully, I was like 2nd or 3rd in line. So I lucked out. But that was one of the STUPIDEST ways of doing a mass ticket purchase that I had ever been involved with.

Now you just need fast fingers and a good internet connection and you can pretty much score whatever tickets you want from the comfort of your own home.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to the store to do food shopping, came back, and saw two pages.

I thought it leaked.

Now I'm crying.

Screw this place. I'm cancelling my subscription RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You've listened to the whole album?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks bro! I look forward to this album anyways.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Dude, guys, this album is poop. Don't bother. It's totally not worth it. You should probably just cancel your account and go play outside and just forget about it. Like, srlsy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I get HM I am going to turn out the light and light a candle and listen to the whole thing undisturbed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Who really gives a shit whether people post "leak already" every ten mins...if its bothering you, stop looking at it (pretty simple). It actually only takes a minute or so to scroll down and see whats up. If it was a problem, the mods would step in.

Im just glad that i have something to look forward to. Whether its any minute now, or on the 3rd.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I understand where you're coming from @ManBurning, but, needless to say--I, a contributor to the frenzy of all things leak, mostly feel those just like me here. At least a third of is it out of fun, but the rest is very real pain. I trust you know that.

lol

So, I offer the suggestion:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ot-leak-thread

"We" can go and stay there till this whole thing blows over.
    See, that's a great suggestion! I'm not sure how that thread got lost in the shuffle. But there should be a seperate thread for people to be anticipating and talking about the LEAK and a thread for the ALBUM to be discussed.

Hell, even this thread was created the other day which is another "LEAK" thread...

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...icial-ETS-Pool

How many "has it leaked?" thread's do we need? Yeah, we're all eagerly anticipating the album release just as much as the next person. But the fourms have been getting very messy lately. That's not surprising, with a new record comes new fans, comes a bunch of unnessecary threads being created. Seems like a new thread is created for every new magazine article that is being released online, when we have the NIN-spotting thread for all NIN news.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-23-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't give a shit about the album leaking ahead of the street date. I just want to know if the NIN.com pre-order downloads will be available at the stroke of midnight Eastern or Pacific time.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I would download a leak, but I wouldn't make a posting about waiting for the leaked album.

Oh, wait.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    no problem. and sorry if that sounded like i was hating on the album i just don't really like it. As a long time NIN fan i would say its definitely his weakest album but With Teeth was really weak and i still listen to that whenever it comes on my shuffle. its NIN for f sake. enjoy when it gets to u

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    no problem. and sorry if that sounded like i was hating on the album i just don't really like it. As a long time NIN fan i would say its definitely his weakest album but With Teeth was really weak and i still listen to that whenever it comes on my shuffle. its NIN for f sake. enjoy when it gets to u
    How did you get the album? Lets see a pic if you are not lying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1971 View Post
    When I get HM I am going to turn out the light and light a candle and listen to the whole thing undisturbed.
    And I will be smoking something that has been made legal for us people over 21 in my state of Washington!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Are you talking about an album that you havent heard yet? Weve heard way less than half of it, and it already sucks?? I hope you are talking about some other album.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemetery Man View Post
    How did you get the album? Lets see a pic if you are not lying

i only have an advanced copy on my itunes anyway so people are gonna call me a troll or a liar either way. with or without a pic to prove

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    wow some really immature people on here. remember the 28th of august. when it happens remember me...... and i would like an apology. peace.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    wow some really immature people on here. remember the 28th of august. when it happens remember me...... and i would like an apology. peace.
    Apology for what?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    i only have an advanced copy on my itunes anyway so people are gonna call me a troll or a liar either way. with or without a pic to prove
    No, You Don't

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    he dangled a carrot, and about a hundred people probably started pm-ing him to either flame him, call him out on it, or beg for it. if he's pissed about it, he got what he deserved. "pics or it didn't happen" kind of situation i'd say.