Page 40 of 241 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I heard they used the money to buy turntables.
    Don't worry bobbie solo, I heard they will soon sell their turntables and buy guitars.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

I wonder if there'll be a real, buy-it-in-the shops-with-b-sides single. If so it would probably land real damn soon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would love if we heard live drums sampled and manipulated like the old days. I feel like thats whats been missing. WT had some (but I feel like those were straight performances), YZ had just Hyperpower! and The Slip had some, but TDS and TF had a shitload. I do love the electronic stuff as well, but long for more sampled live drums, used like a drum machine or sequenced. And the wall of guitars sound. Not for every song, but some.

But who knows...no one knows for sure what he is doing in the studio and I could be totally wrong about all of this. And I love every album...no mater what he does. I just wish he would release Deep on something other that the Tomb Raider soundtrack...im very OCD about my iPod and hate seeing that album cover or even album name with my NIN. Just doesnt fit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I just wish he would release Deep on something other that the Tomb Raider soundtrack...im very OCD about my iPod and hate seeing that album cover or even album name with my NIN. Just doesnt fit.
    Maybe in the fragile re-issue, who knows

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    was it ever mentioned if the vinyl will be different from the other versions of the album? obviously there may be fades, etc., but i was wondering if there was any mention of different mixes, extended versions, etc. like the fragile.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Looks like CBH has peaked in the charts, so now would be a good time for a new single.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If Ilan didn't make any real drumming sources then he could've done some drum programming, or just vocals or god knows whatever instrument Trent put in front of him.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    was it ever mentioned if the vinyl will be different from the other versions of the album? obviously there may be fades, etc., but i was wondering if there was any mention of different mixes, extended versions, etc. like the fragile.
    Nope. It will be identical to the digital and CD releases.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    Looks like CBH has peaked in the charts, so now would be a good time for a new single.
    What chart, exactly?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i blame Atticus. I think we'd have some radically diff. stuff if he was out of the picture. Everything has stayed in the same safe area for years now as a result.
    Don't forget that Atticus was also responsible for all those Golden Globes, Academy Awards, and Grammys in recent years.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Please leak! It's now 08.03.2013. Exactly a month to go.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Please leak before August 16th, when ill be off the net for a few weeks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Please leak before August 16th, when ill be off the net for a few weeks
    I'll burn it to a CD and mail it to you if it leaks after that. (I'm serious.) No brother left behind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    But i just feel like the potential for some louder, more rock-sounding material is much greater than the middling enjoyment i get out of what we've heard so far.
    Over in the Lollapalooza thread somebody got a hold of v2.0 of the setlist. The original version of the setlist was also attached, & it had Everything debuting between Survivalism & Only.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Please leak! It's now 08.03.2013. Exactly a month to go.
    I pre ordered it when it was announced but I keep checking leaked sites every day to see if it leaked at all yet. I've been telling myself to hold out and just wait till the 3rd....

but I probably won't.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'd say we'd get a stream before we get a leak. He's wily, our Trent.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I'd say we'd get a stream before we get a leak. He's wily, our Trent.
    And then someone would rip the stream, and...
    Hell, someone in .au (or wherever it comes out 8/30) will probably rip and torrent the damn thing
    Last edited by binaryhermit; 08-03-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Hell, someone in .au (or wherever it comes out 8/30) will probably rip and torrent the damn thing
    Probably me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Realistically this thing will leak in about 10 days.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    All this time talking about music and you guys haven't ONCE mentioned how awesome this wallpaper pack is going to be!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    All this time talking about music and you guys haven't ONCE mentioned how awesome this wallpaper pack is going to be!
    was looking at buying new monitor this summer. no more hesitation

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've limited myself to only checking setlists in anticipation. I've heard/seen 'Haunted,' liked it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone have pictures of the merch booths, with prices and images of the new tour shirts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of the merch booths, with prices and images of the new tour shirts?
    THERE you are!!!! i've been looking for you

sorry, i mean yes, there were some pics a few pages back (or maybe in the Fuji thread, can't remember )

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of wallpapers. My MacBook will finally have an appropriate skin.

Edit: my previous laptop (an hp) had salt & teeth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let me say one thing: this is the first time we have a new NIN record around the corner and no meathead perspective making fun of it. I dunno about you guys, but I miss the crazy fucker

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Edit: my previous laptop (an hp) had salt & teeth
    Which looked badass, and which I totally ripped off for my current laptop.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_OAK View Post
    Let me say one thing: this is the first time we have a new NIN record around the corner and no meathead perspective making fun of it. I dunno about you guys, but I miss the crazy fucker
    I agree. I loved the Perspective. I'd love to see more one cartoon...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Don't forget that Atticus was also responsible for all those Golden Globes, Academy Awards, and Grammys in recent years.
    You make it like I said Atticus was some no-talent hack. I like tons of the stuff he's worked on, both with Trent, and without (Book of Eli is amazing). I just want a change of pace for NIN at this point, and it doesnt seem like it's coming. Blind support is boring guys.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You make it like I said Atticus was some no-talent hack. I just want a change of pace for NIN at this point, and it doesnt seem like it's coming. Blind support is boring guys.
    Perhaps, but why throw the 'blame' on Atticus when Alan Moulder has worked with him for just as long? Come to think of it, Trent Reznor's worked with Nine Inch Nails since 1988. That's 25 years. Surely it's time for him to pass the mantle over to someone else. Wouldn't want it to become stale.

At this point, we could have 'waved goodbye' to NIN several times over, but we haven't, and that's because Trent obviously enjoys writing new music [and also has a family to take care of now]. If it's becoming same-y, it's because he's carved a niche for himself that he's happy working within. If he wasn't happy working, there would be no more NIN. Most importantly, he's built a team of friends and colleagues that can operate within that niche, and as such, those names will crop up again and again, from Atticus Ross to Leo Herrera. That doesn't mean they're to 'blame' for what Trent decides *is* NIN.

I'm amazed he's decided to go back on stage and belt out Closer and Head Like A Hole just like the old days. After The Slip, that could have been it, and we would have had HTDA and soundtrack work until the end of days. But that isn't the case. NIN is back. The new material is awesome. We're in for a hell of a ride in the next month.