Thread: fs: HTDA vinyl

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

fs: HTDA vinyl

I am selling the Keep it Together Promo - http://www.ebay.com/itm/121111565055...84.m1555.l2649 AND the first E.P. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/121111309333...84.m1555.l2649

I know there is a marketplace area for nin but not for HTDA. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I will accept some trades also! Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd grab that EP if I had the money. The only HTDA release I don't have

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    why are you selling them for such insanely inflated prices?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was thinking this myself but I heard someone else before say it was worth around $50 so I didn't question. I thought the $150 buy it now was off the wall..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can you get it anywhere else? Look on discogs.com and amazon. I am not inflating crap!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    you're inflating it from the perspective of its original cost, and most of the people on here are hardcore fans and/or collectors who probably don't take kindly to feeling gouged.

i've always felt like re-selling things for much more than their original value is a tasteless tactic undertaken by those who are just trying to make money of things other people have made. :/

also, i realize i'm coming across as being pretty rude, which is not my intention. i'm just saying that if you want to sell them, why not talk to people on here who are willing to directly paypal you money so you can get them something that'll make them happy, rather than cashing in on some poor schmuck?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Trust in the free market guys!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I can't really agree with Eversonpoe here. The rarity of the item dictates its worth. It's not worth that much to me, so I'm not even going to consider buying it, but more or less that's what it's worth apparently. If I were in a bind, I might sell some of my rare records, and I'd sell them for what they're worth.

Still, I buy records to listen to them, some people keep them sealed and collect them because they're valuable.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Marketplace forum has always served as the place for buying, selling and trading absolutely everything in TR's discography. @SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY already found his way there earlier today (and posted the HTDA EP while he was there). IMHO he seems to be attempting to cross-post, instead of being uncertain about where to post HTDA items.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I posted in the marketplace because I also posted The Social Network vinyl. I was not trying to get one over on anyone there. Thanks for fixing it.
    Now onto the pricing,
    If you look up the prices on discogs.com or amazon you will see that my prices are actually right in the middle. I am not trying to rip anyone off but if something is out of print and rare it is going to cost more. This is the most simple principles of supply in demand and I am not about to explain that to you. I just payed out the ass last week for some out of print PanterA vinyls and I think that was completely fair. The previous owner had a rare item and I wanted it.
    If you will also notice I put that I am willing to trade for something of fair value. I bet someone would not just trade me the Ghost Deluxe Edition for these vinyls just because they wanted to be a non-gouging fan! Anyways, the bottom line is this, if you don't want it or don't like the price feel free NOT TO BUY IT! I already have bids on the items so someone finds my prices fair.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    trust me.. vinyl collectors are fine with paying these prices and higher for rare items. I sold a first edition pressing of Joy Divisions's still a few years ago for 300 bucks because it was MINT and I was in a bind. and I did not feel bad about it one bit. and neither did the person buying it from me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ok, fair enough. i'll shut up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I must apologise, myself! I thought 150 was expensive but it's not really. I was thinking that may be valid for a rare NIN item but I also wasn't thinking just how limited those vinyls were. Hope you understand!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    I must apologise, myself! I thought 150 was expensive but it's not really.
    well, to be fair, there's a sealed copy for sale on discogs for fifty euros...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?rel...=2484566&ev=rb

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Plus SHIPPING to the US! that across the pond shit aint cheep! trust me, at least I got my GlamertA!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    TIL buy whatever trent reznor puts out on vinyl. and sell it 2 years later.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    free market and worth is well and good when it comes to selling records on ebay. the unnecessary reserve is the only problem i have here with the original listings. reserves to me should only cover what you actually paid for it so you don't *lose* money on it. if you tag it properly and it's actually rare, then it should sell for a good price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, to be fair, there's a sealed copy for sale on discogs for fifty euros...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?rel...=2484566&ev=rb
    Just purchased..