Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Hey guys,

If you haven't heard, TOIOU and RITC are producing an HTDA Live Concert Blu-Ray/DVD currently.

We're going to be updating progress on the project at https://twitter.com/thisoneisonus and the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/toiou/.

Current progress:

LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project. If you have footage and you would like to contribute, PLEASE contact Ash : ppchevigny@filmssix.com

You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send Ash a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.

Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.

Also - if anyone knows how to get a hold of suprefan personally (youtube:
    ), please help us out and contact him/her. We'd really love to get that footage in the mix.

Syncing is currently being done by Ash and he's uploaded some short Vines to show the quality:
    vine.co/v/b0iUYWtqH3a and vine.co/v/b0i0PepvIv2

----------

This post will be updated fairly frequently whenever something new is posted or new announcements are going to be made. TOIOU/RITCN wants to keep people in the loop as much as possible with what is going on and as a fair warning (so don't ask) - physical distribution will not be talked about until the project is done.
    Last edited by Torgo; 05-11-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    When will the discs be ready?? What will they include?!?

Kidding, kidding. I'm stoked to see these two teams working on this! Were you guys able to go so far as to do a soundboard recording (i.e. the DDNYC project), or is the audio audience sourced? If it's the latter, is it single source or a matrix mix? Don't mean to sound prying...I'm a "sound guy" by trade, so just curious about that end of the project.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UPDATE: All of the editors now have the hard drives with the footage and are going through rough cuts/notes.

Cool.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    The rough cuts that I have seen thus far looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    When will the discs be ready?? What will they include?!?

Kidding, kidding. I'm stoked to see these two teams working on this! Were you guys able to go so far as to do a soundboard recording (i.e. the DDNYC project), or is the audio audience sourced? If it's the latter, is it single source or a matrix mix? Don't mean to sound prying...I'm a "sound guy" by trade, so just curious about that end of the project.
    Rob said Trent would work on the soundboard audio before handing it over. We also would need to send him a rough edit before anything transpires.
    Last edited by ninlive; 06-24-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: answer to theimage13

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    The rough cuts that I have seen thus far looks great!

Rob said Trent would work on the soundboard audio before handing it over. We also would need to send him a rough edit before anything transpires.
    Holy shit, really? That's awesome! I still wish I could find a way to get more involved with this...between a degree and former life as a photographer and a current life as a live audio tech, I feel like there's gotta be something I could offer. This whole "touring" thing does make it a bit tricky to offer basic things like...you know...free time, though.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Rob said Trent would work on the soundboard audio before handing it over.
    Awesome, so we'll be seeing this in about ten years then.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    sigil five?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Subtitles?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Subtitles?
    It seems so, but only in English. Ninjaw has done a pass with the Coachella video, but the work on this can't start until there's final audio (on account of him being driven batshit last time when exports meant changing timecodes all the time).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It seems so, but only in English. Ninjaw has done a pass with the Coachella video, but the work on this can't start until there's final audio (on account of him being driven batshit last time when exports meant changing timecodes all the time).
    Well, if things change, I'm still up for a Portuguese version.

Anyway, did you guys contact suprefan? He/she has a twitter account, and I know the Radiohead fan site At Ease is in contact with that person whenever there's a Radiohead/Atoms For Peace gig. Wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Anyway, did you guys contact suprefan? He/she has a twitter account, and I know the Radiohead fan site At Ease is in contact with that person whenever there's a Radiohead/Atoms For Peace gig. Wish I'd seen this thread earlier.
    Yep we managed to contact her! Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell
    Awesome, so we'll be seeing this in about ten years then.
    Should anything happen, we do have a backup plan. But yeah, you never know.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Shhh ! you ruined it yes full english subtitles for coachella are done, so i just need to sync it on the new show.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the visuals changed from show to show? I'm wondering because I've seen a few videos with visuals that I either don't remember or that look slightly different from other videos. I know there could be minor discrepancies because of the nature of the show, but other than that did the visuals actually change from show to show?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Does anyone know if the visuals changed from show to show? I'm wondering because I've seen a few videos with visuals that I either don't remember or that look slightly different from other videos. I know there could be minor discrepancies because of the nature of the show, but other than that did the visuals actually change from show to show?
    Rob did live manipulation on-stage, so it's entirely possible he was doing significant variations each night

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Oh, bad ass!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When theres any news on a release date, I'd certainly be interested in a Blu Ray version, the last set from TOIOU was great! as was the 1 disc version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R37R0 View Post
    When theres any news on a release date, I'd certainly be interested in a Blu Ray version, the last set from TOIOU was great! as was the 1 disc version

me too.Better yet i'd like to see them live again..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Do you need... artsy stuff by any chance? You know, the usual.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Probably. I don't think they've even considered that aspect yet. @Ash512 @RITCNIN

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Very likely indeed. We're not in those stages yet, but you're welcome to submit your stuff if you like.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just posting so I can get thread subscription updates.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Agreed upon above statement. I want this when it comes out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I get excited when I see people have posted here.

And I realize I just did that to someone else too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Reason it's being delayed : Let's just say there's a good chance we might have soundboard audio…
    But don't worry, it's coming. In fact, we have a whole edit done. Needs a few touchups, and needs to be stitched together, but we're not that far off.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    so basically it's Rob's fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do we know that status of this project? Based on Audio changes?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Now that someone posted recently, I feel like I can post to get subscription updates via email so I don't miss out on this amazing project. I would have subscribed to this thread without posting if it were possible to. I'm sorry for any inconvenience my post causes. Thanks for this project. I look forward to enjoying it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [73] View Post
    Now that someone posted recently, I feel like I can post to get subscription updates via email so I don't miss out on this amazing project. I would have subscribed to this thread without posting if it were possible to. I'm sorry for any inconvenience my post causes. Thanks for this project. I look forward to enjoying it.
    The subscription option is hidden in the Thread Tools menu at the top of the page. (I’m still in lurking mode for this thread but thought I’d point that out for folks like you and Kyle.)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    Do we know that status of this project? Based on Audio changes?
    To give an update, there are just a few more things to do. But we will give more information when the time is right. Trust me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    To give an update, there are just a few more things to do. But we will give more information when the time is right. Trust me.
    Translation - "soon."