Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TR3N - in early stages of pre-production

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

TR3N - in early stages of pre-production

This interview is a little old (dated April 10th, 2013) but it has Joseph Kosinski talking about TRON 3.....

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37103

I enjoyed the T:L so I'm pretty excited about this!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I like Kosinski, for the most part. I don't know how much input he had on the scripts to Tron Legacy and Oblivion, but the faults on those films are mainly script issues. Kosinski did his job, and is really good at crafting visuals. From what I understand, they wrote the script for Legacy while shooting it to some extent, and had to do reshoots, so hopefully 3 has a better script to start with.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    More news. Apparently Olivia Wilde will be returning as well and the working title is TRON: Ascension. My guess is Quorra 'ascending' in to reality?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I thought Tron Legacy was a fun movie with some really unfortunate scenes and segments that dragged on for way too long, but on a whole its standout moments really kept it afloat. I doubt they'll get Daft Punk to return though, so hopefully they find someone who can help fill in there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I agree completely...it was awesome but there are a few cringe-worthy points for sure lol. I think it'd be great if Daft Punk agreed to do it again, but I'm not sure who else could match the world of TRON as well as they did if they choose not to. Sure, there are a ton of artists that instantly spring to mind, but I think DP nailed the sound.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The only other person who could potentially match Daft Punk's sound would be Joseph Trapanese, I think.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So pumped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The only other person who could potentially match Daft Punk's sound would be Joseph Trapanese, I think.
    I was thinking Giorgio Moroder would be a good choice if they couldn't get Daft Punk again.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    I was thinking Giorgio Moroder would be a good choice if they couldn't get Daft Punk again.
    He's too busy pointing at air while playing tracks off of his iTunes to do anything like that these days

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    M83 (Gonzalez) worked with Joseph Trapanese on the soundtrack for Oblivion; I could see history repeating with better results. I believe Kosinski was pleased with the results of their first collaboration.

Edit: My personal choice would be The Knife, but that will never happen.
    Last edited by Jon; 04-08-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently the delay in any real concrete progression up until now has been the story. Olivia Wilde just gave an interview to Collider and Tron 3 was brought up. At the very least it pretty much confirms that she's at least interested in returning, and apparently the article also states that since this interview was done, which was probably months ago, that Wilde has apparently read an entire screenplay of the story everyone's on board with and really dug it...so hopefully some more news soon.

"The delay has only ever been story, finding the right story. It hasn't been anything else", she affirmed. "So, in the past year, the right story kind of came together and we felt 'oh, this actually – this might be the right one to tell’. And, you know, there’s still a lot to be done before it could actually happen, but the fact that there’s a goal of this year to start is really exciting".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    M83 (Gonzalez) worked with Joseph Trapanese on the soundtrack for Oblivion; I could see history repeating with better results. I believe Kosinski was pleased with the results of their first collaboration.

Edit: My personal choice would be The Knife, but that will never happen.
    I'll play.
    Lazerhawk, Mega Drive, or Alessandro Cortini.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, fuck.

Tron 3 is dead.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well, fuck.

Tron 3 is dead.

I know Tron: Legacy had its flaws, but I was looking forward to getting more out of that environment.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    well, i'm out. fuck that tool.

i was so excited about the prospect of a third tron after seeing how great the second one was, but i have nothing but disdain for jared leto.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, i'm out. fuck that tool.

i was so excited about the prospect of a third tron after seeing how great the second one was, but i have nothing but disdain for jared leto.
    I don't like him either in general, mostly for musical reasons, but I think he's a decent enough actor and he hasn't done anything terrible that I've heard of. Requiem for a Dream is still an amazing movie, and he's good in it. Either way, if the project is otherwise appealing, why not overlook the fact that he's a part of it?

I was talking with some friends the other day about the dilemma of appreciating art made by awful people... With movies, especially, I think it's hard to condemn a project because of a complaint with one person involved in it. A film is created by hundreds of people. Sure, one bad cog could artistically drag down an otherwise flawless masterpiece (I'm looking at you, Keanu Reeves in Dracula), but appreciating a work of art that complex is convoluted with moral concerns about the people involved.

Roman Polanski is a horrible person. Rosemary's Baby is still the best horror movie I've ever seen. I am not playing mental gymnastics to validate my appreciation for it; I believe I have a somewhat complex relationship with it there, but when it's stripped down to the core end result - I cannot say it isn't a great film. If Hitler was a great painter, I'd have to say his paintings are good. They aren't, and I don't care enough about painted art to enter that discussion, so that's convenient. If The Lost Prophets made some great music, I'd still have to admit it's great... thankfully, I don't have to do that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I read somewhere that this will be a reboot instead of following what happened previous. Man, I am tired of saying that dam word.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well. Looks like it's officially official.

Garth Davis tapped to direct third TRON film, starring Jared Leto.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    off to see if bowfinger is streaming on anything. the last time either steve martin or eddie murphy were funny in a live-action movie, and they were both very funny (haven't seen "my name is dolemite" yet so no judgement)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Officially official.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    by "original video game" does he mean the first Tron arcade game that was inspired by the first film? does he not know that the movie came first or...?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    hey now, he just came out of the mountains and found out about COVID a few weeks ago so let him grow into this naturally. it'll come to him.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    hey now, he just came out of the mountains and found out about COVID a few weeks ago so let him grow into this naturally. it'll come to him.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh... or you'll upset Jared and he'll write a terrible song about it.

Random side note - Once upon a time, I was stuck driving while the passenger was in control of the stereo, and he kept trying to convince me that 30 Seconds to Mars is a lot better than I thought. This was a three hour trip, so I think I heard their whole discography. There is nothing good there.

I do think he's a good actor though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have Stockholm Syndrome with the songs that were in Rock Band / Guitar Hero; they're alright for having had them burned into my cortex.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I mean, the first 30stm album is solid. There are some great riffs and ideas, but it’s nothing mindblowing. Met Jared after their show here back on their tour for the second album, and while polite he was very much in the ‘thanks but I have to get going’ mood. He had to go do editing for that Chapter 27 movie or whatever it was called...no joke he demanded the editing crew tour with the band so he could do it after shows. Sigh.

Back on topic, he originally posted to his IG but tweaked it to just ‘TRON’ after someone probably quickly told
    him to remove ‘TRON: Ares’.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, he's a really good actor, and that's all that matters here cuz he's not doing the soundtrack.

I actually think Tron2 was really underrated, so I'm excited about this. If it really happens.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I personally think Tron: Legacy blows Tron out of the water, but I'm also not looking at Tron 1 with rose-colored glasses like most people. It was a novel idea at the time of its release, but I don't think Tron has aged well at all (especially the special effects and music). I'd even say it's more than a little boring. The special effects and music of Legacy alone are enough to easily surpass the original for me.