Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.28 - Milan, IT @ Mediolanum Forum

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey, I just registered again after just lurking for the past years. I'm going. It was a little hard finding a ticket place, the one link on nin.com says tickets are not available...

Anyway, super excited for this as it's the first non-festival show of the whole tour! Where's everyone staying at? Maybe we can meet up and have a drink or something after the show, I'll just have to find a hotel for my friends and myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    Hey, I just registered again after just lurking for the past years. I'm going. It was a little hard finding a ticket place, the one link on nin.com says tickets are not available...

Anyway, super excited for this as it's the first non-festival show of the whole tour! Where's everyone staying at? Maybe we can meet up and have a drink or something after the show, I'll just have to find a hotel for my friends and myself.
    I'm trying to find a nice place smack in the middle of Milan. I heard that's probably where you'd want to stay... But what do I know, I've never been there before Oh, and I might be down for a drink or two.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been to Milan but never at this venue. We're probably gonna look for a hotel close to the Mediolanum.

I still wonder how many tickets they'll sell, the venue is huge. First and only solo show though, so that should attract a bunch of people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First and only solo show though, so that should attract a bunch of people.
    Yes, it is the only arena show in Europe... Should be a few more NIN fans except for us ETSers posting here who'd come over for that.

On another note. To any residents and/or people familiar with Milan: What should I see? What should I do? What's a nice place to stroll / get a coffee / eat good italian food? I'll be there tuesday-saturday.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The Belfast show is also a NIN show - technically part of a festival, but it's a series of gigs rather than a traditional festival. So NIN are playing a 5000-capacity venue.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm contemplating attending this... depending on a few factors. It's tempting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    The Belfast show is also a NIN show - technically part of a festival, but it's a series of gigs rather than a traditional festival. So NIN are playing a 5000-capacity venue.
    That's interesting... I like that setup, extending it over many days, giving each band a full set. I guess a few of the European festivals will allow a longer set as well. At least in the headliner slot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Isn't it sold out already?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone happen to have a spare ticket?
    I was originally heading to Leeds and Reading, but my travel plans haven't worked out (I'm from Australia), so instead heading to this gig.
    I see that you can buy seats (although I think not great ones??) still on Live Nation, but would prefer standing obviously.
    Viagogo has some for not much more than cost, would it be fine to buy these from Italy? I know scams are fairly rare at home, but not sure if that's the case here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel that's close to the venue? I've been thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel nearby, it's fairly close but I'm not so sure if it has a good connection to the metro etc.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    On another note. To any residents and/or people familiar with Milan: What should I see? What should I do? What's a nice place to stroll / get a coffee / eat good italian food? I'll be there tuesday-saturday.
    We'll be there (from Hungary) from Wednesday until Saturday and I am interested in sightseeing ideas too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems that Parterre tickets are no longer available so I bought Sector B, but I'd really love to be in the front of the stage. Does anyone know is there a possibility to get to Parterre with Sector ticket?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There are three hotels really close to the venue, Royal Garden, H2c and NH Milanofiori. From Royal Garden is a 5 minute walk, 10/15 minutes from the other two. I don't reccomend the Holiday Inn as it is not easy to go by foot to the Forum, and it's also on the other side of the highway, definitley not the best choice.
    Otherwise if you pick any hotel in Milan, southern area, it will be very easy to reach the venue with the green line (M2) underground, Assago Milanofiori station.

Almost one month to go!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone recording this show? I'm guessing this will be quite a special show since it's the only solo show of the summer tour (expect for Belfast, but even that one is part of a festival). I don't have any recording equipment...

Thanks for the info, @Pilgrim . I already booked a room at the Holiday Inn though, but it can't be that bad. I hope. Maybe I'll check if there's a room available in one of the other ones you mentioned. Royal Garden is a little expensive though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm guessing this will be quite a special show
    Let's hope so

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I see that this has sold out but if I was thinking about going to this, where would I go for tickets (resale)? Or has anyone got a spare *flutters lashes*

It's just, I've come in to some money, enough to pay for this trip from Edinburgh and I just wanted to know what my options are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry no spare here. The only place I can think is http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tic...ckets/E-542156 and I don't like the look of the price of GA tickets.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^^They're scalpers

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I could always take a chance, book a flight (before they get more expensive) and hope and pray for a ticket on the day at the venue. Admittedly, this would't be the first time I've done this. Worked out BEAUTIFULLY!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I see that this has sold out but if I was thinking about going to this, where would I go for tickets (resale)? Or has anyone got a spare *flutters lashes*

It's just, I've come in to some money, enough to pay for this trip from Edinburgh and I just wanted to know what my options are
    Sold out as in...completely sold out? Wow... The Mediolanum Forum is huge from what I've seen. Good luck with finding tickets. Should any of my friends cancel, I'd be happy to hand one to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sold out as in...completely sold out? Wow... The Mediolanum Forum is huge from what I've seen. Good luck with finding tickets. Should any of my friends cancel, I'd be happy to hand one to you.
    Well, it seemed you could only buy floor tickets or seats directly behind the floor, not sure if they close off the rest of the seats or something?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I may have slightly exaggerated there! You're kind, thank you (though I hope none of your friends will cancel!)

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    Well, it seemed you could only buy floor tickets or seats directly behind the floor, not sure if they close off the rest of the seats or something?

Hmmmm.... Ideally I'd like a floor/standing ticket. Can't remember the last time I had seats at a gig! LOL!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Where do you get this from?
    If I follow the live nation website link I still can see that people can buy seat tickets.
    I say: till today NOT SOLD OUT!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Where do you get this from?
    If I follow the live nation website link I still can see that people can buy seat tickets.
    I say: till today NOT SOLD OUT!
    Thanks for clearing that up. @Scarlet Siren : Try to get seat tickets then, better than nothing and maybe you can trade them later.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.08.28 - Milan, IT @ Mediolanum Forum

Thanks for clearing that up. @Scarlet Siren : Try to get seat tickets then, better than nothing and maybe you can trade them later.
    True, there's a first time for everything I guess!

If you could all keep an eye out for some spares I'd grateful, thanks in advance!

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Hey, me again, sorry to be a nuisance. I was just wondering if anyone was going to this show after Reading and what flights you picked were my initial plan was to head to London after Reading and head back home to Edinburgh midweek after a day or two of catching up with mates. But I've now extended my holiday which means I don't have to be at back work until the following week, might as well take the opportunity and make the most of visiting Milan! (EXCITED!!!)

So yeah, Reading > Milan, plans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm from Ireland and I'm going to this show too, I bought two tickets but then my friend bailed on me so I have one spare, I would be willing to sell it for cost price?? =)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey, is anyone selling tickets for the Milano show? Not the one with the seats but in the pit pm me, pretty please! Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.08.28 - Milan, IT @ Mediolanum Forum

Quote Originally Posted by NewConsciousness View Post
    Hey, I'm from Ireland and I'm going to this show too, I bought two tickets but then my friend bailed on me so I have one spare, I would be willing to sell it for cost price?? =)
    Check your PM!! I posted a few days ago in the tread I'm in desperate need of a standing ticket (booked my flight over to Milan and back home).

Hope to hear back
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 08-06-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    We'll be there (from Hungary) from Wednesday until Saturday and I am interested in sightseeing ideas too.
    I am sooo happy to meet you there !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bowler_hat View Post
    Ticket purchased, hotel booked. Flights to sort next.

Anyone else from the UK going?
    flying from stansted
    London-Stansted ARRIVAL (BGY)
    Milan (Bergamo)
    Wed 28 Aug 2013
    06:35 hrs
    Wed 28 Aug 2013
    09:35