Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch_Dogs

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Watch_Dogs

Thought I had already started a thread, but maybe just discussed it in the news thread. Either way, this deserves a thread.

Release date announced as November 19th in NA, and the 22nd everywhere else. We've already seen all the previous trailers, but this release date trailer that dropped today is fantastic.

Overseas special edition bundles include a figurine and uhh....'Adrian Pearce's hat and mask' (yeahhh...that's a...a good...idea?) NA bundles announced soon. For all current gen consoles, PS4 and 'other next gen consoles' i.e. the new Xbox.

DO WANT.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 04-29-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Definitely getting this, but I think I'm gonna wait until I have a next-gen console. I'll probably be getting the PS4 first if the new inFamous game comes out at launch or soon after, and this game looks so good I'd like to have the best version possible.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't decided on which next gen console i'm going with yet. But whatever (and whenever) I get, this will probably be the first game I pick up. Been hyped for it since I first saw that gameplay trailer last year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Really psyched for this. Looks great.

Do we know of any incentive to pick it up on PS4/Xbox Whatever as opposed to PS3 or Xbox 360? Aside from better graphics? Just curious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Watch_Dogs

Hopefully not. PS4 is supposed to be more accessible to developers. So, hopefully, there isnt an inferior console port. Really too soon to tell.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I don't know how much of a difference it will make between PS3 and PS4, but since I'll most likely be buying a PS4 November-December I might as well get this on that system is what I meant. I really hope the final game lives up to all the awesomeness of what we've seen so far.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Watch_Dogs

Depends on whether or not they developed for next gen or not. If they did, then the ps3/360 versions will likely be scaled down versions. And if they developed for current gen, well, I wouldn't expect anything drastic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    How the current and next-gen versions will differ, straight from the developer.

Long story short, the core game, size, etc. will be identical...but the environmental 'trappings' will be vastly greater on next-gen. Pretty much what was to be expected.

Also, another review article.

Looking incredible.

The differences/comparisons to GTA are very interesting.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-10-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Double post for awesome new gameplay video!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    How sick does this game look?

Spoiler: Very.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My girlfriend wants this game very, very badly. Her game of 2013 I suppose.

I, on the other hand, think it does indeed look neat but I'm not dying for it. I'll get it sometime though.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-12-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah mang, it's a must buy for me...all in all I believe my launch day bill's gonna be tippin' about a grand lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it November yet? :c

I just want to play this, I don't give a rat's ass which generation I get to play it on. It looks like it'd be a pretty sweet intro to the next gen, though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Is it November yet? :c

I just want to play this, I don't give a rat's ass which generation I get to play it on. It looks like it'd be a pretty sweet intro to the next gen, though.
    Yeah, I agree. I have it pre-ordered for PS3, but I'm thinking about actually bumping it up to PS4, that way I can start the next generation off with something that will (presumably) be pretty awesome! I'm not gonna get one until a month or two after launch, though, so I'd have to wait a bit before jumping in, but I feel like it'll be worth the wait.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm in the same boat, it launches November 19th for current gen, and since the Xbox One is 'November' it'd at most be an 11 day or so wait...I'll wait for the Xbox One.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'd assume all the videos we've been seeing have been running on either PS4 or Xbox One. I wonder how different the PS3/360 counterparts will look. Have they released any videos of it running on the weaker systems?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I don't think so, but I believe I linked to an article where one of the devs was asked about the difference and he said the core game, missions, voice...everything was intact on current-gen. They said of course they couldn't divulge all the other things that'd be on the next-gen, but that the world itself (graphics, etc.) would be miles better.

edit: Found it: http://www.oxm.co.uk/53807/watch-dog...rsions-differ/

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This game continues to look excellent! But forgttable when buried under the megaton new that comes with this e3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, I'm excited. Thought the tablet stuff looked neat as well, will be fun to play with my wife, who is also ridiculously excited for it. Prolly get it with a next-gen console when it comes out. Does anyone else get the feeling this is going to be the Assassins Creed of the next gen? I remember the hype before the first AC came out and it felt very similar.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This'll be one of my first games for my Xbox One for sure. I've come to terms with it now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    This'll be one of my first games for my Xbox One for sure. I've come to terms with it now.
    Aye same for the ps4 for me. Looks really good, though I'll want to see a few reviews before solidifying that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL 'come to terms with it'...smh.

Anyways, here is an article that goes a bit more in depth in to how multiplayer will work. I think for my first playthrough I'm gonna turn it off so I can just play the thing...but I'm the kind of guy that enjoys doing a good spell of griefing now and then, so this is right up my alley lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    LOL 'come to terms with it'...smh.
    I didn't want to drop $60.00 for it at Launch so I came to the terms with how the game looks that I'm going to have to.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Q&A with some of the developers.

Can't wait for this game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    First game I will get of my Xbox one. Love that its in ChicagoChicago

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's the first game I'll be playing as well, just booked a paid week off work starting on Nov 21 (NIN show) and then 6 more days for this haha...just the environment looks gorgeous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was a little disappointed they didn't have this playable at Pax Prime as I have been interested in this since it was announced but this will def be the first game I will get for my PS4.