Thread: Radiohead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This has seriously been happening WAY too much in the past year. Very unfortunate that this had to happen to Radiohead.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The rumour going around Toronto techs is that their on-site supervisor refused to put all of Radiohead's gear in the air because it would have been too heavy for the structure to support — so the promoters (Live Nation) found another engineer who would sign off on the unsafe load. FUCK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The rumour going around Toronto techs is that their on-site supervisor refused to put all of Radiohead's gear in the air because it would have been too heavy for the structure to support — so the promoters (Live Nation) found another engineer who would sign off on the unsafe load. FUCK
    Damn. From Pitchfork:
    "According to The Star, the investigation is targeting "mainly" Live Nation, who promoted the concert, but also Optex Staging and Services, Inc., Nasco Staffing Solutions, and Radiohead's company Ticker Tape Touring LLP." - http://pitchfork.com/news/46903-radi...investigation/

You gotta wonder who knew what, and when. I'm sure that the venue had the rider for the lighting and sound rigs way in advance, so they should have known what was being brought and what the load would be. If they didn't have a structure to support that, they should have known in advance. If it does fall on Live Nation, I wouldn't be surprised if Radiohead's company sued.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Holy shit... that's awful. So the collapse was due to all the screens that were suspended?

Honestly, I doubt any investigation into RH's involvement will go anywhere. After all: If the band knew that the stuff HANGING OVER THEIR HEADS while they play was potentially dangerous and could kill them from collapsing the stage, I doubt they'd think it was a good idea and try to pull it off anyway.

Actually, if I were in RH's shoes, I'd be suing Live Nation too if they're responsible.