1-Mar – Atlanta, GA – Phillips Arena
    3-Mar – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
    5-Mar – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
    7-Mar – Austin, TX – Frank Erwin Center
    9-Mar – St. Louis, MO – Scottrade Center
    11-Mar – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
    13-Mar – Broomfield, CO – 1stBank Center
    15-Mar – Glendale, AZ – Jobing.com Arena
    30-June – Rome, Italy – Ippodromo Delle Capanelle (Rock in Roma)
    1-July – Florence, Italy – Parco Delle Cascine
    3-July – Bologna, Italy – Piazza Maggiore
    4-July – Codroipo (Udine), Italy – Villa Manin
    6-July – Berlin, Germany – Wulheide

No LA stop as of yet. Grrrrrrrr...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was disappointed with the newest album. That's all.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamanexit View Post
    I was disappointed with the newest album. That's all.
    I *love* their newest album.

But I hated them live at Lollapalooza.

I'd give them another live chance, though, I'd love to see KoL live.

Edit: I've watched that King of Limbs studio performance on Paladium about 900 times. HIGHLY recommended.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-30-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Edit: I've watched that King of Limbs studio performance on Paladium about 900 times. HIGHLY recommended.
    cosigned twas excellent. the album is so much better live

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Miss B, I think the only So-Cal date will be at Coachella unfortunately. I'll be at both the Houston and Austin shows. Even though King of Limbs sucked, they're still one of the best live bands around.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I heard they may do a "secret" show. I love my little bird that tells me these things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hoping to make it to St. Louis again!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @iamanexit: I only like Lotus Flower. The rest.. uh..

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Have you seen the above-referenced studio thing?

Edit: http://vimeo.com/m/26637209
    Last edited by allegro; 11-30-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Have you seen the above-referenced studio thing?

http://vimeo.com/m/26637209
    "The Daily Mail" is so fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    "The Daily Mail" is so fucking awesome.
    Yep. They're putting out the whole Basement performance on DVD/Blu-ray (EDIT: and iTunes) shortly, with "Supercollider" as a bonus track. Love that song.

"Staircase" and "The Butcher" are also really strong, but I can see why they kept the LP to just 8 songs this time. It works better as a snapshot, a cropped-in photograph, rather than a long sprawling opus. Long live The King (of Limbs)!
    Last edited by botley; 12-02-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not my most fave album, but I highly recommend Separator and Little by Little as my top two favorites. Lotus Flower isn't bad. The rest is just nice background music to me. Other fans like Codex, but it's just not my thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is anyone else going to the Austin show? I am taking the whole day off to stand in line like a chump.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinki Di View Post
    So is anyone else going to the Austin show? I am taking the whole day off to stand in line like a chump.
    Me, I only got seats though, so there's no point in me standing in line. I'm very surprised they're playing Austin, they haven't played here in years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TKOL is an incredible album. I had been waiting over 2 and a half years for it and when it finally came out, I almost broke down in tears, thinking that Radiohead had finally disappointed me, disappointed is an understatement with the way I felt. But I wouldn't accept that as the final verdict, it was the 4th listen of the album that it clicked, clicked is also an understatment. Went from really disliking it to absolutely loving virtually every track on it, "Feral" being the one I took the longest to warm up to, majority of fans felt the same with that track. Then when the live renditions of the songs showed up at Glastonbury, it blew me away all the more. Then TKOL - From the Basement showed up, damn. "Bloom" being the most kick ass live song of the bunch.

I was fortunate enough to snag a ticket for one of their NYC shows a couple of months ago and now await their North East run of their tour hoping to at least attend 3 of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't get into the latest album at all. My expectations were through the roof after the masterpiece that was In Rainbows. Those expectations were properly shat on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the King of Limbs, even if it isn't as massive or tense as other works. Oh, and they're going back in studio next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    Can't get into the latest album at all. My expectations were through the roof after the masterpiece that was In Rainbows. Those expectations were properly shat on.
    Ha! That's one thing they're good at! Shitting on people's expectations. After the transition from OK Computer to Kid A I learned to not have expectations with them. I know I'll always end up loving whatever they turn out. Yeah. I'm one of those.

I honestly had a hard time with In Rainbows at first.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    TKoL is honestly one of my favorite Radiohead albums. It has this wit, emotion, and immediacy that is hard to pin down elsewhere in their body of work (although I love them). The last trio of songs is unparalleled in their discography, IMO (maybe topped by Treefingers - Optimistic - In Limbo). I, too, was lucky to see them in NYC for the first time, and it was such a great experience - it really humanized them and their music for me, even after being a big fan for five years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The King of Limbs is a remarkably good album.

And on a related note, I love watching this band confound expectations time and time again .

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i loved a lot of their jumping around in the past--- the arc from the bends through amnesiac was very enjoyable, if but jarring to most of their fans. i ate all of those albums right up. while i enjoy a lot of hail to the theif, it's been a slow decline for me since that record. liked a handful off in rainbows. don't like the latest album at all. i have no way of qualifying this, but it just seems to me like they're not really trying much anymore, though i can't tell if i dislike the songs or the constant critical praise more.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    i have no way of qualifying this, but it just seems to me like they're not really trying much anymore, though i can't tell if i dislike the songs or the constant critical praise more.
    I've seen other people level this accusation as well, and I'm not sure where it's coming from because obviously they still work furiously hard to get the recordings right, spending endless amounts of time working in the studio and then play giant tours. It's just not on the constant treadmill-like schedule of a record label anymore, but I assume more in balance with their family lives. After 20+ years in a band there's just no way to please everybody.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    yeah, that's why i'm not sure if i can qualify it as a legit complaint. that said, it is possible to phone it in on the songwriting, even if every single detail is perfect on the production front. i think it's a mix of the dry production and the songwriting that make their latest material fall a bit flat for me. that said, my biggest complaint about radiohead in general, as hinted at above, is that no critic seems able or willing to give them honest criticism that isn't 100% lip service, but i do believe this is their most polarizing album to date. i recall opinions being very mixed when it came out.

i don't wanna dog on RH, since they've done right by me for so many years. i wanna like the new material so bad it hurts.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Where could I download the audio for the 'Live in Praha' DVD?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    There's now an eighth TKOL RMX EP out for download, and on Dec. 19th the Basement live versions of "Staircase" and "The Daily Mail" will be released as a single.
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Where could I download the audio for the 'Live in Praha' DVD?
    Don't think it was "officially" released, but you should be able to grab it from here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hoping for at least a NY area show in a bigger venue. Got shut out of the Roseland Ballroom shows like a lot of other people (Ticketmaster page never refreshed to show the drop down bars for selecting tickets until about 10 minutes after the hour of the on sale, even with repeated refreshing). Or even Philly or something close enough, big enough that it won't sell out instantly.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    there is no way they wont be doing an NYC area arena show, or two. too much $ to be made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, just heard 'Staircase' and 'The Daily Mail' today. Great songs. I actually had 'Staircase' on my HDD for awhile and never knew it was there. I had my media player on random and 'Staircase' came on, I was "Hey, what's this?". Then I went to wikipedia to see if any other songs had been released recently, then I see 'The Daily Mail', I try to find a copy of it. I got it. Good songs. The only thing, I have no clue how I got 'Staircase', the quality is so much better than the copy I found of 'The Daily Mail'. Oh, well, I guess someone above mentioned a single coming out. Nice.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)