Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Hey! Who wants a soundboard rip of Identikit? It'll hold over well enough until they decide to release a studio version. I tried to get rid of as much crowd noise as possible, boosted the bass, and generally cleaned up the sound a tad in Audacity.

Enjoy
    did an amazing job! and this song is fucking incredible!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Mexicans are crazy

Last edited by Rdm; 04-19-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the kid in the white jacket with the bowtie wins
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxbjfFFTwUY

Also, thanks to this video, I now unfortunately know who N Dubz are.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    ^^^^^ that is awesome I am posting that on my facebook account

New Atoms for Peace songs debuted tonight
    http://www.ateaseweb.com/2012/04/28/...-peace-dj-set/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

New supposed Thom Yorke track. Whatever this is it sure it awesome.
    This track was found on the Rag & Bone Fashion Collection website along with a full version of Thom Yorke's "Stuck Together" and "Twist". It was totally uncredited, Thom Yorke is only assumed to be the artist, and the title "Free" came from it's only decipherable lyric.
    Discovered by Atease member Datatronic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw Radiohead a few days ago in D.C. - Have been on my list of must-sees for a long time.. the show was amazing - Set list was just OK.. opening band.. Caribou.. good - merchandise was outrageous but well worth it and all in all I'm quite happy

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    A new debut in Cincinnati tonight called "Full Stop", it was soundchecked but not played in the set.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oh shit, wasn't that the tune that Colin talks about in the Rolling Stone piece?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I think so. Also soundchecked was "Dollars and Cents", I hope to God they play that Friday at Bonnaroo.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thom Yorke dedicated Supercollider to Jack White last night at Bonnaroo, saying that they had just seen him but wouldn't say why and that we'd find out soon enough.

If Radiohead recorded a Blue Series single with Identikit, I'll probably shit my pants.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I saw a bit of their set on YouTube. Very cool they have an additional drummer now.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They supposedly debuted Full Stop tonight

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Show tonight in Downsview Park cancelled due to stage collapse. EMT were called apparently to mount a rescue for 3 people trapped underneath it.

At least one person is in critical condition, and I heard a report on Twitter of one pronounced dead.
    Last edited by botley; 06-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Heard that...fucked up. My friend Adam was going to that show, but since it's still so early it must be staff and/or workers that were hurt. One of the injured is apparently in critical condition....shitty.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Very bittersweet for Radiohead today. On the 15th anniversary of OK Computer, this happens. One crew member is dead apparently, and nobody from the band or Caribou was harmed, but still a very tragic thing to happen. Outdoor venues can be very dangerous.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    They don't need to be dangerous. This is an awful but totally preventable disaster; it has happened too many times before for a mere error in planning to slip through the cracks and take someone's life. Sometimes I hate this business.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's why I don't go to festivals.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I would never deprive anyone of the great, unparalleled communal experience of an outdoor concert — but FUCK, no show is worth a human life.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This has seriously been happening WAY too much in the past year. Very unfortunate that this had to happen to Radiohead.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    The rumour going around Toronto techs is that their on-site supervisor refused to put all of Radiohead's gear in the air because it would have been too heavy for the structure to support — so the promoters (Live Nation) found another engineer who would sign off on the unsafe load. FUCK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The rumour going around Toronto techs is that their on-site supervisor refused to put all of Radiohead's gear in the air because it would have been too heavy for the structure to support — so the promoters (Live Nation) found another engineer who would sign off on the unsafe load. FUCK
    Damn. From Pitchfork:
    "According to The Star, the investigation is targeting "mainly" Live Nation, who promoted the concert, but also Optex Staging and Services, Inc., Nasco Staffing Solutions, and Radiohead's company Ticker Tape Touring LLP." - http://pitchfork.com/news/46903-radi...investigation/

You gotta wonder who knew what, and when. I'm sure that the venue had the rider for the lighting and sound rigs way in advance, so they should have known what was being brought and what the load would be. If they didn't have a structure to support that, they should have known in advance. If it does fall on Live Nation, I wouldn't be surprised if Radiohead's company sued.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any word if toronto will get rescheduled or are we sol?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Any word if toronto will get rescheduled or are we sol?
    Someone died. Consider yourselves sol.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Holy shit... that's awful. So the collapse was due to all the screens that were suspended?

Honestly, I doubt any investigation into RH's involvement will go anywhere. After all: If the band knew that the stuff HANGING OVER THEIR HEADS while they play was potentially dangerous and could kill them from collapsing the stage, I doubt they'd think it was a good idea and try to pull it off anyway.

Actually, if I were in RH's shoes, I'd be suing Live Nation too if they're responsible.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rip...........

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I think The Flaming Lips' hearts were in the right place, but Knives Out might not be the best song to put out as tribute to this disaster... as evidenced by Wayne choking on the lyrics "squash his head." It's almost like he realized "oops" right before he was about to sing the line. Still, beautiful rendition otherwise. I'm impressed actually.

Last edited by Jinsai; 06-20-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I heard Planet Telex today by Radiohead, at loud volume its such a powerful tune i got so preoccupied by it, I honestly thought i was going to crash my car.
    Soaring, emotional, beautiful track.

This band are one of the few groups that really deserve their status, i have never found them to be overrated. Or Depressing.
    Ok Computer is not in my opinion their best album. But its still really, really good, i like The Bends the most. It really reminds me of 1995, such a good year for music in UK, its better than anything by Blur, Oasis, Verve, Pulp, Elastica or the Britpop bands they were associated with..even though they were all good bands.
    Kid A still sounds really mesmerizing too. Treefingers is my current favourite track off that record.

Pyramid Song is too bleak and miserable for some but it has now also become one of my favourite tracks by them. Feel they have go a bit overindulgent in recent years. The last record i truly like by them was Amnesiac.

But i trust this band will continue making good music. Legendary group.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Radiohead is one of my favorite bands, in my top 3. But I'm not looking forward anything anymore. If they release something good, awesome, and if not, it's ok.

OK Computer is my favorite album, although I heard it after Kid A, Amnesiac and HTTT... great band!

And oddly enough, Pyramid Song is my favorite song too. Took me a while to realise it was.