Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    studio version of "I Promise" released in advance of OK Computer re-release. I love it.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/radiohe...romise-listen/

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    dat mellotron

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Goddamn.... that is a beautiful song.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Official video released today. This track is gorgeous. Can't wait to hear the two other new ones.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The OK Computer extra songs from the box set leaked. LIFT

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    OMG, Lift... it's so perfect.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    didn't catch the leak, but it's out and i'm currently enjoying on spotify. all three of these tunes are lovely! so glad they exist.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Having to listen to their entire back catalog as Spotify on phones won't let you listen to one album, which is allowing me to reconnect with some of their other stuff, i'm be buying it when i get home.

Also Spotify are playing it very loose with how long they think 30 minutes is

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    24 bit leaked, I am happy!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New tracks are great! I love this album!
    Even with the b-sides and extra tracks, it makes a great double album.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yah, but the B-sides are mastered too loud. At least it sounded that way listening on Tidal through headphones. I will reserve final judgment until my blue vinyl arrives. Really looking forward to that and also when the cassette of sessions leaks...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @botley where did you get blue vinyl ?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    @botley where did you get blue vinyl ?
    Online, from http://jpc.de

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I scored a blue vinyl through Amoeba online the day pre-orders went up, but I haven't seen anything about a shipping notification today so I'm assuming I'm SOL.

I gave the new songs a spin on Spotify earlier though. Holy fuck, Man of War sure is a stomper.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Having to listen to their entire back catalog as Spotify on phones won't let you listen to one album, which is allowing me to reconnect with some of their other stuff, i'm be buying it when i get home.

Also Spotify are playing it very loose with how long they think 30 minutes is
    huh? do you have free spotify or spotify premium? i've never encountered what you're talking about, but i share a family plan with my best friend (and her family members/my wife)

really tempted to work my way chronologically backwards through their albums on vinyl in anticipation of the box set, but my wife can't stand radiohead, so i don't know when i'll have time.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've not dug into the remaster of the main album yet, but the b-sides sound amazing to my ears. Studio Big Boots (calling it Man of War feels so weird) is an all-time great to me. I like studio Lift, but I was never someone as obsessed with Lift as others were, and Big Boots was always my white whale of the OK tracks that hadn't gotten studio cuts.

Also, good god, that climax on Polyethylene -- incredible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I absolutely love Meeting in the Aisle, Pearly, A Reminder, Lift and Palo Alto. Radiohead's b-sides are just as good as the album tracks. So many gems from each record.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Glastonbury setlist pretty much looks perfect. At least one song from every album.

Daydreaming
    Lucky
    Ful Stop
    Airbag
    5 Step
    Myxomatosis
    Exit Music (For A Film)
    Pyramid Song
    Everything In It’s Right Place
    Let Down
    Bloom
    Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    Idioteque
    You And Whose Army?
    There There
    Bodysnatchers
    Street Spirit

Encore 1
    No Surprises
    Nude
    2+2=5
    Paranoid Android
    Fake Plastic Trees

Encore 2
    Lotus Flower
    Creep
    Karma Police

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Phew, for a minute there I lost myself...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Nice to see EIIRP not at end of the set... and thus probably not annoyingly stretched to 10 minutes. In fact, they should give this song a rest, IMO.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Ed's guitar tones on Manowar and Lift are horrid. Lift is pure DI for the cleans – barely even an amp in there. Strange to hear for a guy who's usually all tone, no content (so to speak). Then Johnny does something in the right channel and his tone is perfect. Sucks.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    huh? do you have free spotify or spotify premium? i've never encountered what you're talking about, but i share a family plan with my best friend (and her family members/my wife)

really tempted to work my way chronologically backwards through their albums on vinyl in anticipation of the box set, but my wife can't stand radiohead, so i don't know when i'll have time.
    It's the free version. If your using it on a phone you are only allowed to shuffle an artist with 5 skips per hour. If you use a Tablet or PC you can listen to whatever with unlimited skips (unfortunately my tablet is on it's last legs and i can't get the app on my work PC). Both versions have ads (there's an ad that says you get 30mins of music ad free if you watch said ad, which you have to watch, then 10mins later you get it again )

I refuse to pay them to basically rent music, i'd much rather use it to find music and then buy it (preferably direct from the artist) so those problems are just part of the deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nice to see EIIRP not at end of the set... and thus probably not annoyingly stretched to 10 minutes. In fact, they should give this song a rest, IMO.
    This is one of my absolute favorites but the live version they're playing now is unfortunately terrible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, is the remaster of the actual album "different"? Does it feel like you are listening to it again from a new perspective?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    So, is the remaster of the actual album "different"? Does it feel like you are listening to it again from a new perspective?
    I've been listening to the 24 bit version and I think it sounds great. It feels clearer, more present without blowing up volume levels. I think it's pretty clear if you pay attention to the kick drum. You can really hear the full range of it. I listened to it twice in full on my ATH-M50X headphones. I definitely hear a difference without destroying the original feel and tone. There was an initial lossless rip going around before the official release that sounded a little harsher. But when my 24 bit arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was really just a shitty rip and the actual remaster was much smoother. I'm just glad they didn't destroy it with overblown volume like the Deftones remasters. Man, did they fuck those records up.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I decided on this. Took until this remaster to come to this conclusion. Note that you have to (re-)do the segues for this to go properly, or use that Spotify playlist that had the 'cropped' versions of Airbag and PA.

01. Fitter Happier
    02. Palo Alto
    03. Paranoid Android
    04. Polyethylene
    05. Exit Music
    06. Airbag
    07. Karma Police
    08. Electioneering
    09. Climbing Up the Walls
    10. Lucky
    11. The Tourist

Skip over the initial "but where is ____?!" reaction and just do it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I decided on this. Took until this remaster to come to this conclusion. Note that you have to (re-)do the segues for this to go properly, or use that Spotify playlist that had the 'cropped' versions of Airbag and PA.

01. Fitter Happier
    02. Palo Alto
    03. Paranoid Android
    04. Polyethylene
    05. Exit Music
    06. Airbag
    07. Karma Police
    08. Electioneering
    09. Climbing Up the Walls
    10. Lucky
    11. The Tourist

Skip over the initial "but where is ____?!" reaction and just do it.
    But where is "No Surprises"?!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here is my mixed playlist. I kept the original order, but added obviously the extra tacks in-between. There are too many possibilities, and it really depends on what song you prefer to balance songs you "like less".

Airbag

Paranoid Android
    Subterranean Homesick Alien
    - A Reminder
    - I Promise
    Exit Music (For a Film)

Let Down
    - Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)
    Karma Police
    - Lift
    - Meeting in the Aisle

(Fitter Happier)

- Pearly
    - Melatonin
    - Man of War
    Electioneering
    - How I Made Millions

Climbing Up the Walls
    - Lull
    No Surprises
    - Palo Alto
    Lucky
    Tourist

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Ed's guitar tones on Manowar and Lift are horrid. Lift is pure DI for the cleans – barely even an amp in there. Strange to hear for a guy who's usually all tone, no content (so to speak). Then Johnny does something in the right channel and his tone is perfect. Sucks.
    Most mixes from the OKC album sessions have Ed's guitar panned to the right. It's Thom's guitar you're hearing on "Lift" with the super clean ringy clang on the left, then Ed's with the tubey warm tone on the right. And when all three of them are playing guitars at once in this era, it's Johnny's guitar panned left, the inverse of their positions onstage from the audience's perspective. Usually I just flip my headphones around when I listen, now, because I'm so used to hearing them the other way around from live recordings and later albums.

Exceptions: Hard-panned acoustics on the right and left in "Let Down" and "Karma Police" are both Thom, Ed's in the centre.

On "Lull" and "Meeting in the Aisle", the image is flipped back to the normal audience perspective (Ed left, Johnny right).

Johnny also overdubbed a lead guitar track in the centre of "The Tourist" and in the right channels of "Man of War" & "Pearly*".
    Last edited by botley; 06-28-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Converted my 24/96 WAVs to FLACs (somehow I have WAV format related to system Windows sounds, not music), and I must say OKNOTOK sounds pretty damn good, for example "I promise", great sound. (WAVs of course too, that's the same in this case)