Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^Very funny video.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So....it's a Thom Yorke record? Dropping the Atoms For Peace moniker already?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    It's not a moniker, it's a band. this new release probably doesn't have Flea and the rest, hence Thom Yorke.

I wonder if ateaseweb is dead? No updates for a year...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's not a moniker, it's a band. this new release probably doesn't have Flea and the rest, hence Thom Yorke.

I wonder if ateaseweb is dead? No updates for a year...
    Oh yeah, that's right. Well I'm at work and can't listen to this bad boy yet...but I was reading that people said it's pretty electronic. Excited to hear this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Starting in on it now, A Brain in a Bottle....pretty good. I'll be honest though, I never was too big a fan of Thom's solo work. A bit too...bleep-bloop for my tastes. Kinda forgettable stuff. For me, it's almost as if he needs the guys in Radiohead to reign him in. Still though, a welcome surprise this morning no doubt.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    For me on the other hand Eraser is one of my favourite records of all time, I'm half way through the new album and I absolutely love it. I'm glad Thom dropped the more experimental stuff he did with AFP and came back with more straight forward songwriting spiced up with some experimental electronics

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Starting in on it now, A Brain in a Bottle....pretty good. I'll be honest though, I never was too big a fan of Thom's solo work. A bit too...bleep-bloop for my tastes. Kinda forgettable stuff. For me, it's almost as if he needs the guys in Radiohead to reign him in. Still though, a welcome surprise this morning no doubt.
    I was a bit on the fence when The Eraser first came out because it was a bit different from Radiohead but it later grew on me. The Spitting Feathers EP I actually hold above The Eraser, and linking the two together make a nice complete album. His solo work is simple, but for me it's his voice and haunting sound that really draw me in. Deff a nice surprise to come home to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    at work and can't get it right now, but am i right in assuming the download is 320kbps mp3? wonder why not lossless?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    $50 'deluxe vinyl'?

I want it, but god damn, that's beyond Mondo level pricing for a SINGLE 180g disc, in a non-gatefold sleeve, and with a 'anti-static shield bag'.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Atoms For Peace is when hes making the album with other people and those people having more input - like Flea, Nigel, Joey etc. This album looks like its just Thom with Nigel producing just like The Eraser.

I do hope they make more A.F.P. albums in the future though. Im sure itll be some time seeing as Radiohead have been in the studio less than a week working on a new album. If the new Radiohead album sounds anyhting like TKOL Ill be one happy man!

I love all of Thom's solo stuff and love A.F.P. even more so this is a great treat to come home to. He will prob put A.F.P. back together to tour for this after hes done with the new Radiohead album and (hopefully) subsequent tour that follows

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    $50 'deluxe vinyl'?

I want it, but god damn, that's beyond Mondo level pricing for a SINGLE 180g disc, in a non-gatefold sleeve, and with a 'anti-static shield bag'.
    At least it includes shipping in the price. Wishing more people would do this. I was really worried seeing as Im in the states

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    At least it includes shipping in the price. Wishing more people would do this. I was really worried seeing as Im in the states
    Still bought it given my vinyl addiction and fear of missing out on rare items (and obvious love for Thom) but damn, no single LP that isn't made partly of gold should cost $50 shipping or no-shipping included. I'm just hoping it doesn't show up on amazon for $15 cheaper and free shipping in a month or so.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah as much as it pains me, I'm going to have to sit out the vinyl edition of this album. That packaging doesn't sound deluxe enough to warrant $50.
    $6.99 digital version for me!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    When you get this, can you just download it straight away or do you have the whole seeding / leeching thing like usual with torrents? I just don't really get why he's going with bittorrent, is it because he is too tight to develop his own store or use another store? Just seems like if you pay for something you shouldn't have to faff around with all the torrent stuff. (of course he has that pompous comment in the press release about whether the plebs are clever enough to use it)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It's a torrent file, so treat like any other torrent file.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I know Ive posted these photos elsewhere on ETS, but Im just super excited for the new album and have been all abt Yorke and Co over the last 2-3 months. Really digging the new album so far!

Last edited by hologram parade; 10-28-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So I just bought a torrent file? That is some strange world we live in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    no way I'm gonna pay for lossy, it's 2014 so why should we settle for lossy when lossless isn't that much more MB to handle???
    i'll wait for the physical release, I'm sure we'll get something lossless at some point, he will get my money then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You can get flac/wav with the vinyl in the deluxe editio...or find a free torrent file to download

http://tomorrowsmodernboxes.com/

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I haven't followed Radiohead for quite a while again, and these 2 questions just occurred to me yet again, as I forgot about them and thought of asking them before I completely forget about them again.

1. Is there a connection between The Bends and OK Computer? Was OK Computer supposed to pick up where The Bends left off?

2. Were Kid A and Amnesiac actually supposed to be a double album? Isn't there an interview or a few interviews where Radiohead themselves have actually admitted that?

With that being said, I really want to listen to their albums again.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-26-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am gonna buy this. A couple questions.....does anyone know
    What is the mp3 bitrate? Can you import wav/flac into itunes?

So I have to download a program to download the file?

Sorry...I am the idiot that still buys physical copies....if anyone can make this simple....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Also going to buy. This is awesome, the GG score is out, and this..very cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For some reason it won't let me order the vinyl (yes, I'm apparently a sucker, but I like the album, and I like to collect things, so ...). I've tried a CC and paypal. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem? Considering the price, am I the first person to try and buy it?

Seriously though, has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    I am gonna buy this. A couple questions.....does anyone know
    What is the mp3 bitrate? Can you import wav/flac into itunes?

Sorry...I am the idiot that still buys physical copies....if anyone can make this simple....
    The bitrate is 320, I don't know shit about itunes (sorry), and I'm pretty sure you need utorrent or some other torrent software to D/L it.

Hope this helps.

Edit2: Goddamn, why won't it let me order this? OK, now I'll actually wait until tomorrow to try again.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 09-26-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    Can you import wav/flac into iTunes?
    You can import wav files into iTunes.

I bought a copy of the vinyl and directly downloaded it (both WAV and MP3 versions). I'm not sure what the other options are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    You can import wav files into iTunes.

I bought a copy of the vinyl and directly downloaded it (both WAV and MP3 versions). I'm not sure what the other options are.
    Am I correct in assuming that "Deluxe Edition" doesn't mean "Limited Edition that we'll only press XXX amount of"?

I hope so, with the luck I'm having, heh.

EDIT: Not to single you out or anything, I'm just trying to soothe my nerves that I won't get a "sold out" message tomorrow.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that "Deluxe Edition" doesn't mean "Limited Edition that we'll only press XXX amount of"?
    At the price they're asking, I would assume it has to be limited in some respect.

I would be shocked if it sold out that fast though at that price. I bought it around 11 am or so pacific USA time.
    They might have a staggering sale system to prevent overselling quantity.

It's still not working though? When was the last time you tried to buy it? What is the error message you're getting?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I haven't followed Radiohead for quite a while again, and these 2 questions just occurred to me yet again, as I forgot about them and thought of asking them before I completely forget about them again.

1. Is there a connection between The Bends and OK Computer? Was OK Computer supposed to pick up where The Bends left off?

2. Were Kid A and Amnesiac actually supposed to be a double album? Isn't there an interview or a few interviews where Radiohead themselves have actually admitted that?

With that being said, I really want to listen to their albums again.
    1. No idea... Radiohead fan theories are... slightly intense. The one that says there is a story if you place In Rainbows and Ok Computer together is the one that comes to my mind..
    2. They were both recorded at the same time, from Wikipedia:
    "GuitaristEd O'Brien felt that the material was too "dense" for a double album, and that listeners might skip tracks.[10] Singer Thom Yorke said Radiohead split the work into two albums because "they cancel each other out as overall finished things. They come from two different places, I think ... In some weird way I think Amnesiac gives another take on Kid A, a form of explanation." "
    Which is what I remember reading at the time. It made sense from a record company route too, I don't think may people were big on the double LP idea in the wake of Napster etc.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    1. No idea... Radiohead fan theories are... slightly intense. The one that says there is a story if you place In Rainbows and Ok Computer together is the one that comes to my mind..
    Far fetched fan theories like that belong along with stuff like Dark Side of the Rainbow. It's ridiculous

Kid A and Amnesiac are obviously two albums made at pretty much the same time though. They share a song. It's not a double album, but there's more than a planned-out conspiratorial crossover.