Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Placebo

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Meh, foreigners don't really get Placebo.
    I wish..........

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    sometimes Placebo doesn't get Placebo, too

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    When I got dumped three years ago, Without You I'm Nothing really spoke to me. But I haven't listened to it, or Placebo, since.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hope you enjoy your North American tour!!

Oh wait...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, you're a real piece of work. How are the British National Party doing these days?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's not a logical retort, but I presume the BNP are doing the same as the KKK.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCalx View Post
    Yeah, you're a real piece of work. How are the British National Party doing these days?
    You do realise that calling me British is like me calling you American?

EDIT: This sounds interesting. Also, from the Q&A: Brian said the US tour would happen "when gay marriage is legalised", so don't hold your breath. An acoustic tour has also been discussed so I'm crossing my fingers/preparing to tour-stalk for that.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 05-02-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: News added

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah, well, I wasn't actually calling you British, fascist, nationalist or any other thing. I was trying to say that grousing about 'foreigners' pissing all over the special thing that only you get to have because of where you're from associates you with some rather ugly lines of thinking. I don't think you actually think what you said - if you do, shame on you, because that invalidates English-speaking K-pop fans, Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton's take on the blues, the entire French hip-hop scene and all manner of other wonderful things that wouldn't have happened if artists and critics had stayed comfortably in their lanes. No, I think you were trolling, trying to get me to say something crazy by saying something offensive. Garden-variety, Youtube-comments-section level angry internet kid crap. Next time, try saying "I think what you said is stupid and wrong but I don't want to meet you on your terms, so fuck you anyway". Or just stick to sneering Bowie gifs, at least he's pretty.

Brian saying that a US tour will happen when gay marriage is legalized is pretty weak. We've had gay marriage for years up here in the frozen north, so why isn't Brian rewarding our progressive politics with a set of intimate gigs in scenic locales like Moose Jaw, Winnipeg, Whitehorse or Sicamous? Unfortunately, Placebo doesn't have the fanbase that they used to in North America, and getting across the border is a massive pain in the ass. I can hardly blame Brian & the rest for not wanting to tour here, it seems like an awful lot of work for not a lot of profit. I sure can take issue, though, with Brian annoying his fanbase with statements like "We won't tour until gay marriage is legalized". Surely most everyone who would be interested in paying to see Placebo is already fully on board with the idea of gay marriage, and unable to do anything significant about it. He may as well just say, "We'll tour the US when pigs fly".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's still lame to me that "Oh, Brian is sick so the tour has to be cancelled but we can fly back to Mexico and perform our big-ass arena show". Plus I know someone who lost $3,500 over the cancellations. Plus, if I was at the Q&A I'd have asked "Why are you playing St. Petersburg then?".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Update on the official site: "new tracks", aka probably an EP, released in the autumn, album to be released in the first half of 2013.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The unreleased video for Follow The Cops Back Home is online. I'd never heard about this until I randomly discovered it. It's pretty good, albeit a bit odd.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That is odd.

I thought that song already had a video; I think I just see pictures when I hear it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It had that terrible slow-motion video with the guy in front of the exploding TV. I think that was just released to youtube though.

The single choices for Meds were weird anyway.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    harry dean stanton in a placebo video...very interesting. i liked it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I had no idea there was a video for "Follow the Cops...", i like Placebo a lot but i find most of his videos generic, not bad or anything just generic (mostly the ones from the Black market Music-Sleeping with Ghosts Era), this one is good, a simple well directed idea, munch like the video for "A song to say goodbye".
    On topic: im going to watch my favorite Placebo concert tonight, god i love when they play "Bionic"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just started getting into these guys last week. I'm completely in love with MEDS, but I don't know where to go from here. Suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After Meds I went on to songs like Pure Morning, Every You Every Me, Taste In Men, Special K, so I'd say Without You I'm Nothing and Black Market Music, then their first album.

Listening to their live performances is really fun, check out Live in Paris or the iTunes Live albums.

I didn't like Battle For The Sun my first listen-through for some reason, but now I am absolutely in love with that album. My least favorite songs are the first three on the album, however, so if they put you off, don't worry it gets so much better.

Placebo are awesome, highly influential for me, I'd just absorb it all and enjoy!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's all good, more or less. Except the last album is a bit weak.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Just started getting into these guys last week. I'm completely in love with MEDS, but I don't know where to go from here. Suggestions?
    Buy "Sleeping with Ghosts" it's better than "Meds" and it has some memorable songs in there, then you can jump to the early stuff i'll suggest the first self titled album...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Buy "Sleeping with Ghosts" it's better than "Meds" and it has some memorable songs in there, then you can jump to the early stuff i'll suggest the first self titled album...
    Yeah, where was my mind last night? Can't believe I didn't suggest that album... English Summer Rain, This Picture, Sleeping With Ghosts, The Bitter End, Special Needs and Protect Me From What I Want, to name a few... Excellent album!

Also, that lawsuit is stupid..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love Without You I'm Nothing and Black Market Music.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    What a douche, i understand him, but i think he's out of line for complaining like this, the guy that posed in Pantera's "Vulgar Display of Power" never complained about his shoot, Placebo aren't bullies you are the one who allowed to be bullied and now you use them as your golden ticket, WTF

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, his problem is really with his cousin. Anyone purchasing photographs assumes that the photographer has the right to sell those images.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    it is the photographers fault, i understand "Placebo's kid" situation still it's odd to hear him complain about a 1996 photograph, the guy that posed in Nirvana's Nevermind even showed his dong and i heard he's even proud of it...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Yeah, the gigantic neck tattoo definitely has nothing to do with his inability to get a job.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    meanwhile, i wonder how much the kid from the cover of u2's boy/war gets laid on a regular basis.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    meanwhile, i wonder how much the kid from the cover of u2's boy/war gets laid on a regular basis.
    ...and the least we talk about "Virgin Killer" the better...

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New song debuted in Spain last night:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Setlist:

Kitty Litter
    Battle For The Sun
    Every You, Every Me
    Speak in Tongues
    Black-Eyed
    Special Needs
    For What It's Worth
    I Know (!)
    Slave To The Wage (!!!!. I nearly fainted when I read this)
    Bright Lights
    Meds
    Teenage Angst
    Song To Say Goodbye
    The Bitter End
    ---------------------------------
    Running Up That Hill
    Post Blue
    "B3" (the new song)
    Infra-Red