Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll likely go to the Bristol show as it's only an hour away

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm assuming I will never be able to see them live

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Got tickets in the presale for Dublin, Glasgow and London. Now I need to get Belfast, Aberdeen and Bristol on Friday.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I almost saw them in Seattle back for Sleeping with Ghosts tour, but it was a 21+ show... i flew from Miami to see them... i was depressed and i'll really NEVER get to see them...

at least i saw them webcast in '98 with Bowie in NYC lol!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Didn't get Bristol tickets, but not that bothered. Also, I ended up going for the book and that was a NIGHTMARE. The site crashed in the middle of my order and was down for hours and they charged my card twice. And then when I checked my account on the site when it went back up, there was no record of an order. After some emailing, I have a signed copy on the way and they're refunding me the second charge. Phew.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Steve Forrest leaves Placebo

Not that surprising, to be honest. He's always seemed to have felt a bit constrained by the other two.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Never liked Forrest to be honest, not bad news there, wish Hewitt would come back, but i don't think it will happen...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jesus, their entire back catalog minus (BFTS and LLL) are selling for $200+ EACH on vinyl...dammit

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Jesus, their entire back catalog minus (BFTS and LLL) are selling for $200+ EACH on vinyl...dammit
    Heh, they just announced all the albums are being reissued on vinyl.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    yaaaaay! i have been waiting for that to happen so i can get my hands on them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaa???!!?1?1?!1

Edit: just saw the PLACEBO 20 post on thier Facebook. Awesome. Explains why their back catalog isn't on Spotify

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else here been to the shows on this leg yet?
    I've just got back from the Manchester show...

The set list hasn't changed a bit since the first leg a year and a half ago, except that they've dug up I Know and Special Needs.

So if you saw the first leg don't be too excited for anything new.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I did Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow and Aberdeen. I think the performance is better than the previous leg, but they really should have changed up the setlist a lot more. That stretch of four LLL songs in a row does not work at all. Dublin was a great show, Aberdeen was great but the crowd was dead until they started playing singles, Glasgow and Belfast were just snoozefests.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was at the Birmingham gig last night. First time I've seen them since 2000, when I started getting bored with their live show. The gig was as soulless as I'd feared. Molko moaned about a fan taking his photo. Very strange atmosphere, not bad, just.... somewhat detached.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yaaaaay! i have been waiting for that to happen so i can get my hands on them.
    oh, apparently i did know about all the albums being reissued on vinyl...but i forgot about it until i got an e-mail last night.

oops i ordered all of them
    (black vinyl, the colors are pretty but not worth THAT much extra money)
    also did separate shipping because it was only like $5 more TOTAL than getting them all shipped together.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh, apparently i did know about all the albums being reissued on vinyl...but i forgot about it until i got an e-mail last night.

oops i ordered all of them
    (black vinyl, the colors are pretty but not worth THAT much extra money)
    also did separate shipping because it was only like $5 more TOTAL than getting them all shipped together.

Duuuuude...how did you not know this....haha

So stoked. I really hate to see Meds and SWG disappear because I def can NOT pre-order them at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WYIM BSides streaming 25th September

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Wowzers...BMB and SWG going for $52 in the Amazon store. But they're not coming out until December and February, so that gives me time to plan at least.

I already own WYIN, and I bought the S/T reissue because it's already available. Will be interested to read about how the WYIN reissue sounds, because that will determine if I throw down $100+ for the other two
    you're much better off buying direct from the placebo website. that's what i did.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Unplugged DVD is apparently out in November.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so i got an e-mail yesterday saying "delivery 3 for your order has been cancelled because we weren't able to capture payment." i went on to the store website to check what that meant and it seems like the part of my order that would have been "without you i'm nothing" isn't coming. what's confusing is that i already paid for everything. so i have to figure out what to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I still love Meds...

Looking fwd to listening to the unplugged.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I love their first album from 1996...they felt like such a breath of fresh air during the whole Britpop macho lad era. British alternative music was always about eccentric outcasts, in the 80s we had Morrissey, Robert Smith, Cocteau Twins, Jesus and Mary Chain, they were all difficult outsiders. In the 90s they were all normal... the whole queer outsider thing had been eradicated in the 90s. Brian was like the anti Noel Gallagher/Damon Albarn.

I love the video for Teenage Angst.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Their videos were fucking right from their first album to SWG. That '36 Degrees' video they filmed in the bog, and Brian was allegedly crying because the water was freezing and the director wouldn't let him get out..
    wasn't that directed by chris cunningham?

yup! haha

The music video, directed by Chris Cunningham, was shot primarily in a scuba diving pool and shows band members performing the song underwater. Some scenes were shot in a swamp-like area and show Brian Molko singing the lyrics with just his head above the surface of the water. Later band members revealed that this video was extremely hard to shoot and they would never make one underwater again. Chris Cunningham also claimed in an interview that he made Molko cry, having him in the frigid water for hours.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah ive seen a few of those Chris Cunningham early Britpop Alternative/Indie music videos. I think the Placebo one is the best of his early work.

Its interesting. how he very suddenly shifted from good but unremarkable director to then teaming up with Warp records and becoming a shape shifting, jaw dropping, ground breaking, mind blowing ...just...most innovative music video director on the planet!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    You Don't Care About Us is one of their greatest singles and the band acts like the song never existed. UGH.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Speaking of "forgotten Placebo-classics", has the band played "I Know" recently?
    It's one of the greatest Placebo songs ever; i've seen them live 3 times and they always let me down when it's not on the setlist, i bet they only played the damn song in the first album tour and that's it...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I Know performances:

Meds Tour - Arena Leg 2006, 2007 European shows
    2012 Summer tour
    2015 shows

I've heard it a bunch of times and, being honest, I don't think it transfers well live.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    damn, i guess that's why they don't play it, you're right i looked for a live version and found this one, no problem with the performance but Molko's voice doesn't sound like the 90's at all...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    No problem with the "Only" LED curtain on the show, but finishing with the "Placebo" logo at the end looked like a NIN ripoff...

Excluding that, got no complaints, looking to buy it this weekend...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This video has just surfaced with the audio of the Unplugged show.